Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: How does the End of the World inconvenience you?

Registered
    Feb 2004

How does the End of the World inconvenience you?

Only a few more short days and I gotta say the timing is bad. Not only have I wasted hundreds of dollars on gifts that I won't be able to hand out next week, but my week long vacation officially starts on 12/21. Talk about inconvenient!
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    I have been saving some very good ale to drink for Christmas and New Years. I might have to break them out Friday night instaed for our "It's the end of the world as we know it" party.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    May 2005
    I can't wait until this stupid end of the world thing is over. My staff talk and joke about it relentlessly.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    I am in the same boat as Maister... we leave early Friday morning for the UP. I just hope we get over the bridge before all hell breaks loose.
    Invest in the things today, that provide the returns tomorrow.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Procrastinating - haven't given it much thought.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Jun 2009
    I know it's supposed to be the end fo the world as we know it and everything, but I was planning on getting a haircut on Friday and I really need to get rid of some landscaping debris that's in the corner of my yard that I was gonna take care of on Saturday. Can't it wait a few more days?
    "When life gives you lemons, just say 'No thanks'." - Henry Rollins

Registered
    Apr 2006
    I will be in Olypmia, WA on Friday at the MIL house. That was poor planning on my part...stupid Mayans.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Jul 2006
    I'll be heading out to my country place on Friday evening so I hope the world doesn't end before I get there. I don't want to be in Dallas permanently.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Nov 2009
    It would have been nice to have the end of the world happen when I was about 50 years older. That is all.

Edit: I should note that the end of the world is only 1 day after my father's 56th Bday. I should find out if he is pleased or pissed about that.
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I really was looking forward to it finally snowing this year... now I have to get back out my shorts for the fireball apocalypse Saturday....
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    I really was looking forward to it finally snowing this year... now I have to get back out my shorts for the fireball apocalypse Saturday....
    Winner!
    Occupy Your Brain!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I tend to look on the bright side of things. With the collapse of civil society and rule of law, I will be free to shoot anyone who pisses me off. The incomvenient thing is that I have put off buying a new shotgun. If I get it today I still need to wait three days before I can pick it up - on Friday. I hope the store opens before the world ends, or I will be limited to shooting people with rifles and handguns.
    Anyone want to adopt a dog?

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    AIB Cardinal

Monty Python's song Bright Side of Life
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally posted by Brocktoon View post
    I will be in Olypmia, WA on Friday at the MIL house. That was poor planning on my part...stupid Mayans.
    At least the end of the world will have better weather than Puget Sound area in winter.

Nevertheless, I'll be really inconvenienced because I'd like to get that hottie up the street good and drunk after New Years, but I can't now.
    -------
    Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by ColoGI View post
    At least the end of the world will have better weather than Puget Sound area in winter.

Nevertheless, I'll be really inconvenienced because I'd like to get that hottie up the street good and drunk after New Years, but I can't now.
    Dude, the clock's a tickin'. It's time you make a final brush up on your "You-may-have-heard-the-End-of-the-World-is-imminent-do-you-really-want-to-spend-your-final-hours-alone?" speech and knock on her door.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    May 2005
    I'm in the same boat as Maister. What a way to spend a vacation! At least it will be warm and I don't need to pack anything...
    The purpose of life is a life of purpose

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. World War II
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 7
    Last post: 01 May 2010, 4:26 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 16 May 2005, 11:43 AM
  3. Look out world, here I come!
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 36