Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: General Penn MCP Questions

Registered
    Mar 2013

General Penn MCP Questions

I took a year off after undergrad, and applied to urban planning school this cycle, as it was always what I wanted to do. So far, I have been accepted at Penn, and am still waiting to hear from other schools. I was wondering if anyone could give me any insight into stuff about the program, such as overall reputation in the field, strengths/weaknesses, opportunities for funding/internships, etc. I know a couple threads have been made in the past, but they all seem to be a few years old, and I didn't know what had or had not changed since then, and I just wanted a general idea.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Feb 2013

same here!

Quote Originally posted by alexha View post
    I took a year off after undergrad, and applied to urban planning school this cycle, as it was always what I wanted to do. .
    I'm the same way! Graduated last spring, did an internship, went abroad, and now I'm back applying to anything and everything I can get my hands on lol. Glad to know someone is on the same boat as me.

PS - Congratulations on being in the first round of admitted students to Penn! I'm still waiting to hear back, guess I'm in the March 14th batch. Is it true that their Open House is on April 8th?

Registered
    Mar 2013

It is.

All day of the 8th. Good luck!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. General questions about planning
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 52
    Last post: 09 Jun 2014, 12:45 PM
  2. General GRE questions
    Student Commons