Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 11 of 482 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread of Their Own 8 (2013)

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by dw914er View post
    I researched the California Penal Code out of morbid curiosity, and think that they were getting it wrong.
    Hope you take some action out there! Geez, now I have to look at how antiquated those kinds of laws are in Florida.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    A mediocre book is so disappointing. Yet I have a difficult time not finishing any book I start.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Jan 2006
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    Nashville as in Indiana or Tennessee ?

Tell me when and where - if on a fri or sat I might show up -
    Place is called Exit/In Sunday Jan 20th. Yes, Tennessee.

Registered
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    Hope you take some action out there! Geez, now I have to look at how antiquated those kinds of laws are in Florida.
    I figured it out, and it is a reminder why I decided not to pursue law. The prosecutor argued two theories. One of them is correct, the other one is not due to what is essentially a technicality. Since it is unclear which theory the jury used in their decision, the defendant will get a retrial. I think he'll get convicted in another trial, since part of the prosecutors theories was correct, but the issue is pretty stupid.
    And that concludes staffs presentation...

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    A mediocre book is so disappointing. Yet I have a difficult time not finishing any book I start.
    I know the feeling. It's hard not to finish a book. However, there are a couple I've put down simply because I couldn't get into them.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Oregon earned the rare 1 point safety.
    Fun game to watch. Oregon should be playing ND for the National Championship.... too bad the SEC love was just too much (Just look at Florida being ranked #3 in the BSC!?). One loss to a Stanford team that will end up the top 5 in the country...

I don't think Oregon will be good after Chip Kelly leaves.

I do love this quote from Kelly though...

"We got a safety for one point today, and I had no idea what that was," Oregon coach Chip Kelly said. "When they told me they were going to give us one point, I said, 'We'll take it.'"
    Last edited by Hink; 04 Jan 2013 at 9:20 AM.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Whose Yur Planner View post
    I know the feeling. It's hard not to finish a book. However, there are a couple I've put down simply because I couldn't get into them.
    I know. In someways I feel like I'm wasting my time but don't want to be a quitter.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    I found beach_bum in the newsletter!

Secretary of Transportation requires no skills, just political connections (which I have none). Certainly any entry level planner has more knowledge than the guy hired. This is unfortunate, I generally like the new Gov while he was in CLT.

Alomost fell asleep on the way into work this morning. Have to quit staying up so late.

Daughter is having a sleepover tonight at our house with 2 others girls. Lord give me strength & beer.

In the office BCS Pick'em, everyone chose Florida and Oregon.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Oregon earned the rare 1 point safety.
    I didn't watch the game and had never heard of a 1 point safety. I had to look that one up. Pretty crazy!

Here's a good write up of the rule for folks interested: Blocked PAT results in 1-point safety for Oregon
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    I got my slippers last night - thank you RJ & ZG - they are pretty awesome!!!

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Quote Originally posted by kjel View post
    I want sushi! We are not eating out during the month of January
    I think the two of us ate enough sushi for six the other night. [insert pig face]

I just read that a Baltimore man has reached the 1 million-mile mark in his 1987 Volvo sedan. He's a member of the Volvo Heritage Club, for folks who have owned a Volvo for 10+ years or have at least 100k miles on one. I wonder how many of the Club's members are in Ithaca.

Low-hanging fruit, what can I say.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    I found beach_bum in the newsletter!

Secretary of Transportation requires no skills, just political connections (which I have none). Certainly any entry level planner has more knowledge than the guy hired. This is unfortunate, I generally like the new Gov while he was in CLT.

Alomost fell asleep on the way into work this morning. Have to quit staying up so late.

Daughter is having a sleepover tonight at our house with 2 others girls. Lord give me strength & beer.

In the office BCS Pick'em, everyone chose Florida and Oregon.
    I found her, too!

Friday night is a good night for a sleepover because the kids have been up all day for school. The rule here was that you could stay up as late as you wanted as long as I didn't have to tell you to settle down or be quiet.

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)

We need a scoreboard on here

Four days into the new year, and we have 10 pages, 250+ posts.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Veloise View post
    Four days into the new year, and we have 10 pages, 250+ posts.
    Beyond this one ?

Random Thought Progress Report -
    Posts _____1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000, 7000, 8000, 9,000 Closing # on the 31st.
    # 8 - 2013 -
    # 7 - 2012 - 02-23, 05-12, 07-10, 09-12, 11-06, 12-06, 12-28, 12-31, 12-31, 9,327
    # 6 - 2011 - 02-25, 04-12, 05-26, 06-30, 08-10, 10-05, 12-05, 12-31, 8,041
    # 5 - 2010 - 03-04, 05-09, 07-26, 09-22, 11-24, 5,563
    # 4 - 2009 - 02-19, 04-24, 07-13, 10-07, 12-31, 5,004
    # 3 - 2008 - 04-04, 07-07, 09-23, 12-22, 4,085
    # 2 - 2007 - 03-10, 05-19, 07-24, 10-11, 4,862
    adjusted by the 50 posts that were listed in #1 and posted on & after 01/01
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Thankfully it is warming up round these parts. Been dealing with some brutally cold temps lately.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    I found out that my mother-in-law is outraged that I unfriended her on Facebook. She sent my wife a text saying this and that... but I have yet to receive a call or text from her. It makes me wonder if she taught 5th grade a bit too long.
    Invest in the things today, that provide the returns tomorrow.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Nobody can find the 2nd breaker box in our building. This is getting humorous.
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Aug 2005
    I blew a fuse recently at my apartment and I am downstairs flipping all the switches back and forth, but nothing - did it about 3 times all the way through then happened to realize I was switching the box of my next door neighbor when I saw another box - duh - luckily she had a great sense of humor...

Registered
    May 2002
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    I blew a fuse recently at my apartment and I am downstairs flipping all the switches back and forth, but nothing - did it about 3 times all the way through then happened to realize I was switching the box of my next door neighbor when I saw another box - duh - luckily she had a great sense of humor...
    LOL! That is hilarious, I can just picture the neighbor sitting there as everything goes off and on, wondering "WTF?"
    He's a planner, he's a dreamer, he's a sordid little schemer,
    Seems to think that money grows on trees . . .

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    I found out that my mother-in-law is outraged that I unfriended her on Facebook. She sent my wife a text saying this and that... but I have yet to receive a call or text from her. It makes me wonder if she taught 5th grade a bit too long.
    That's why facebook has a hide function. You don't have to see or read anything and they still can see pictures of your babies.
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Someplace between yesterday and tomorrow.
    Quote Originally posted by Tide View post
    That's why facebook has a hide function. You don't have to see or read anything and they still can see pictures of your babies.
    I tried using the hide function several times, but she was still commented on my posts and on posts of my friends after I posted.

As for pic's of the kiddos, she can still see those on my wife's page because I tend to tag her in any photo of the kids.
    Invest in the things today, that provide the returns tomorrow.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by MD Planner View post
    LOL! That is hilarious, I can just picture the neighbor sitting there as everything goes off and on, wondering "WTF?"
    Exactly...I have to admit I laughed nervously in the basement when I realized it...classic!

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally posted by MD Planner View post
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    Exactly...I have to admit I laughed nervously in the basement when I realized it...classic!
    lp - the resident Cyburbian Poltergeist - BOO

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    This is the reason I have zero relatives as friends on Facebook. Too much potential for drama.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Filled out the HUD Section 3 Summary report for my boss on her small CBDG project she's running.

She was watching me fill it out and said "will you marry me?"
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Closed thread
Page 11 of 482 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 21 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 11
    Last post: 16 Oct 2012, 8:10 PM
  2. Replies: 5003
    Last post: 31 Dec 2009, 4:08 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 01 Jan 2009, 12:43 AM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 7:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141