Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 21 of 482 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread of Their Own 8 (2013)

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    Hootchie Mama!! It was out loud.

I could use a good drug induced haze. Does it count if I just eat a lot and get really sleepy?
    Wow, did you just post that for everyone to read or am I in a dream.....wait a minute, I might be in the wrong thread again.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by Otis View post
    Were you vain about your gall bladder, too?
    My gall bladder is smokin hot. Several people have told me. A couple of those several were fairly trustworthy and good judges of smokin' hot organs, too.

Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Wow, did you just post that for everyone to read or am I in a dream.....wait a minute, I might be in the wrong thread again.
    You're in a dream but in the right thread, too. They're not mutually exclusive. Disorientation can be your natural state. It's mine much of the time. Check your gall bladder for it's orientation, then align your whole consciousness the same way and you'll be fine.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Feb 2004
    You're in a dream but in the right thread, too. They're not mutually exclusive. Disorientation can be your natural state. It's mine much of the time. Check your gall bladder for it's orientation, then align your whole consciousness the same way and you'll be fine.
    I just checked and it looks like my gall bladder is slightly misaligned with my consciousness (I mean it's close but it's kinda hard to see around my id sometimes). I wonder if that's why I think about cider more than most other people apparently do?

People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Dec 2008
    I just checked and it looks like my gall bladder is slightly misaligned with my consciousness (I mean it's close but it's kinda hard to see around my id sometimes). I wonder if that's why I think about cider more than most other people apparently do?

Your cider obsession I think may have a geographic component that is only partially related to the psycho-physico alignments of your super-ego and various bladders. Depends. What dialect does your gall bladder speak?

Crap. Actual work alert. Don't they know I'm busy being ridiculously nerdy?!?!?
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Jul 2006
    My gall bladder is smokin hot. Several people have told me. A couple of those several were fairly trustworthy and good judges of smokin' hot organs, too.

You've got a lot of damn gall to say that. It's a little known fact that your appendix works like a psychic compass and prevents disorientation. Tonsils have to take over that function after an appendectomy. If you've had both removed, you're just SOL in the orientation department.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Otis View post
    Were you vain about your gall bladder, too?
    In fact the ultrasound tech told me my insides were beautiful. Then they ripped out my gall bladder. Beauty is fleeting.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    You've got a lot of damn gall to say that.
    [wracking brain to come up with some kind of word play involving the words "Gaul" and "bladder"...what concerns a Frenchman when they have to go to the bathroom? ah hell, nevermind. Some things were never meant to be]

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    I've never had my tonsils or gall badder taken (or ripped) out.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Feb 2004

detailed descriptions of surgical procedures

Has anyone else ever had their guts slashed open and innards ripped out?

Quote Originally posted by Planit
    I've never had my tonsils or gall badder taken (or ripped) out
    when I was young they laid me out on a table, kept my mouth open, and hacked out my tonsils

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    In fact the ultrasound tech told me my insides were beautiful. Then they ripped out my gall bladder. Beauty is fleeting.
    Jeez. I always heard that "beauty's only skin deep." And that "it's what's inside you that counts." Now I'm hearing that beauty goes right down into your innards . . . and that they can just yank them out! I've got to a new orientation on all this.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    This all reminds me of the little tune I sing with my little 8 yo son at bedtime that he splits his side laughing at:

The Worm Song

Nobody likes me
    everybody hates me
    I think I'll go eat worms
    Fat ones, skinny ones
    even itty bitty ones
    Bite their heads off
    suck their guts out
    throw the skins away
    cuz
    Nobody likes me
    Everybody hates me

Registered
    Jun 2004
    Appendix, tonsils, and gallbladder are all considered useless and with the exception of wisdom teeth, I intend on keeping all my vestigial parts in the event of a rapid de-evolutionary event. You never know how you'll need to adapt.

edit: FYIW this is post 777; i should have notated post 666.

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Has anyone else ever had their guts slashed open and innards ripped out?
    No.. but i am sure this guy has seen a few in his day...

follow me on the twitter @rcplans

Registered
    Feb 2004
    It just tickled my funnybone the way dandy described her cholecystectomy ("they ripped out my gall bladder"). Makes it sound like the tools involved little more than a rusty machete, pair of rubber gloves, and a hearty yank

EDIT: for some reason I just got the uncomfortable feeling mine was the only funnybone that got tickled by that.
    Last edited by Maister; 08 Jan 2013 at 2:27 PM.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    This all reminds me of the little tune I sing with my little 8 yo son at bedtime that he splits his side laughing at:

The Worm Song

Nobody likes me
    everybody hates me
    Fat ones, skinny ones
    even itty bitty ones
    Bite their heads off
    suck their guts out
    throw the skins away
    cuz
    Nobody likes me
    Everybody hates me
    My kind of bed-time song! Counseling later in life, yes, but still, my kind of bed-time song!

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005

college fund? ha!

My kind of bed-time song! Counseling later in life, yes, but still, my kind of bed-time song!
    We have a jar called the "therapy fund" for each kid that we give our change to on a regular basis...

Registered
    Aug 2005
    It just tickled my funnybone the way dandy described her cholecystectomy ("they ripped out my gall bladder"). Makes it sound like the tools involved little more than a rusty machete, pair of rubber gloves, and a hearty yank

EDIT: for some reason I just got the uncomfortable feeling mine was the only funnybone that got tickled by that.
    I hope it helped you out of your funk.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    I hope it helped you out of your funk.
    I did actually leave my negative state for a little while thanks to your ripped out gall bladder.

Registered
    Feb 2007
    I did actually leave my negative state for a little while thanks to your ripped out gall bladder.
    You in a funk? You just need to fly to el salavdor..

follow me on the twitter @rcplans

Registered
    Aug 2001
    The facilities people traded out my old desk and credenza for new furniture this morning---well, the furniture is new to me. The new desk and credenza are not a perfect match. The Man comes into my office this afternoon and says, "That's not the desk you were supposed to get. It should match the credenza. I'm gonna go look for it."

Government at its finest.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    The facilities people traded out my old desk and credenza for new furniture this morning---well, the furniture is new to me. The new desk and credenza are not a perfect match. The Man comes into my office this afternoon and says, "That's not the desk you were supposed to get. It should match the credenza. I'm gonna go look for it."

Government at its finest.
    You are obviously an important man. I don't merit a credenza. I have a desk and a table. The table drawer has a missing knob. I think a previous occupant of the desk must've been a cowboy. The legs of the desk look like they were repeatedly raked with Mexican silver dollar spurs.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by otterpop View post
    I think a previous occupant of the desk must've been a cowboy. The legs of the desk look like they were repeatedly raked with Mexican silver dollar spurs.
    So your desk oozes awesomeness? Any bullet holes, maybe whip marks or a secret lever?

Registered
    Sep 1999
    So your desk oozes awesomeness? Any bullet holes, maybe whip marks or a secret lever?
    We might like to meet you someday. But we'd hire an FBI profiler to come along and give us a heads up, just in case...

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    We might like to meet you someday. But we'd hire an FBI profiler to come along and give us a heads up, just in case...
    It's probably advisable. I'm not sure about myself sometimes. I'm a ticking time bomb of hugs, bad jokes, big hair and fantasies that have their roots in my mid-seventies TV watching....

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by otterpop View post
    You are obviously an important man. I don't merit a credenza. I have a desk and a table. The table drawer has a missing knob. I think a previous occupant of the desk must've been a cowboy. The legs of the desk look like they were repeatedly raked with Mexican silver dollar spurs.
    Previous occupant

Click image for larger version

Name:	ClintEastwood1.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	10.1 KB
ID:	5092
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Closed thread
Page 21 of 482 FirstFirst ... 11 20 21 22 31 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 11
    Last post: 16 Oct 2012, 7:10 PM