Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 3 of 482 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread of Their Own 8 (2013)

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Hopefully my son and his fiancée will call it off because it will cost us an arm and a leg to fly to the northwest in August.

Registered
    Feb 2005
    Ahhh, home sweet home. The trip to visit family turned out fine, all things considered. Going to take a loooong nap now! Happy 2013!

Registered
    Sep 1999
    We started 2013 with a brunch of Eggs Benedict, strawberries, and a nice bubbly. And RJ bitching about the Rose Parade...it's 70 d. out and overcast here on the panhandle.

Registered
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Mastiff View post
    Anyone see Kathy Griffin with Anderson Cooper last night?!
    They are so awkward that its funny. Certainly more entertaining than Ryan seacrest.
    "Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon." ~Peter Lynch

Registered
    Oct 2005
    My Mother never fails to get me a Rutgers shirt every year for either my birthday or Christmas. The year she doesn't is the year and I would have really liked one of the Rutgers "Jersey" Strong shirts. Guess I'll be getting one on my own.
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Just returned from our yearly tradition of having soul food for lunch on New Years Day. Chicken fired steak, black eyed peas and mixed greens. Given the size of the meal I will not be eating dinner.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Looong day of travel today, but I wasn't about to drop 400 bucks on a direct flight from Boston to Buffalo.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by dw914er View post
    I'm glad I didn't have to perform in the Rose Parade when I was in my high school marching band. I typically dislike parades as well.
    Did you think you could drop "when I was in the HS marching band..." and get away clean??!??!! Not how it works, DW. Now give up some good nerdy SoCal marching band stories or I'll start talking acapella choir.....

What instrument?
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Happy New Year!

The bad news: The matinee showing of Lincoln was sold out this afternoon.

The good news: The sushi restaurant where we'd planned to have dinner after the movie was open... though the kitchen was only going to be open for 5 more minutes! You've never seen two people place an order so quickly.

That should satisfy my sushi craving for a little while.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Not looking forward to the return to work tomorrow.
    Me either. I'm working a half day because I have to take the baby for a checkup. I'm sure my boss will be MIA anyways.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    Did you think you could drop "when I was in the HS marching band..." and get away clean??!??!! Not how it works, DW. Now give up some good nerdy SoCal marching band stories or I'll start talking acapella choir.....

What instrument?
    Drumline, specifically the bass drum. The bass line played cool stuff though, not just quarternotes I also played drumset for the Jazz band, and percussion in the lead concert band.

And I cannot think of any good stories of the top of my head, but the drummers were the cool bunch. Granted, high school is full of pubescent caused drama, but nothing directly comes to mind. I'll tell random band stories through the RTDOTOTO though
    And that concludes staff’s presentation...

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    Hopefully my son and his fiancée will call it off because it will cost us an arm and a leg to fly to the northwest in August.
    Can you pay them to elope? But on the good side of the ledger you could visit The Oregon Coast and some really good Oregon wineries.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Not looking forward to the return to work tomorrow.
    I'm on vacation. Combine that with having most of last week off, and I'm longing for my stay-at-home mom days.

I dragged myself in sick on Friday to go to a preconstruction meeting that they wanted to have tomorrow. I met one of biscuit's coworkers. I don't think that biscuit gets onto construction sites.

Registered
    Oct 2009
    It think it is interesting that I need to show ID to buy Sudafed, which is an over-the-counter purchase, but my pharmacy does not need my ID to pick up a written subscription.

That said, I hate sinus pressure
    And that concludes staff’s presentation...

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    The new Wisconsin football coach was the coach at Utah State University.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by kms View post
    I'm on vacation. Combine that with having most of last week off, and I'm longing for my stay-at-home mom days.
    I hear you! I don't even have kids here and I want to be a stay-at-home-pet mom. :S
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    tide is only 4 posts from the 2K level of teh clubbe.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    I hear you! I don't even have kids here and I want to be a stay-at-home-pet mom. :S
    Wouldn't it be such a luxury? I doubt I'll ever see it again, but there's hope for you.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by kms View post
    Wouldn't it be such a luxury? I doubt I'll ever see it again, but there's hope for you.
    It is nice to dream. Every now and then I float the idea past Hubby and his response is, "You need to work." Grr. No discussion. Blah.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    May 2005
    Checking in from Atlanta. Second night here after 4 nights in Clearwater, FL. I'm sure all my FB friends are aware of this and have see my exploits. Let's just say there's been lots of visiting with animals (aquariums and zoos).

It's been a busy 1.5 weeks for me and I haven't been able to get on much.

I'm glad our goal for Bear was met. As a regular contributor to the FAC, I'm sorry I wasn't able to help during the last push.

Happy New Year!!
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Got back to Dallas about 3 hours ago. Put about 2700 miles on the car in the past 8 days. I've been watching some football and drinking apple schnapps for relaxation. Going to stay home tomorrow. Might make a few work related phone calls though.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I am Tired. Someone may play hookey tomorrow.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    I am Tired. Someone may play hookey tomorrow.
    I might RJ tomorrow. Take the afternoon off, and check out the Johnson Museum of Fine Art.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Jan 2005
    The last two weeks have been tough. This on and off again schedule is just not to my liking. I would rather work for 5 days straight then get some time off. I don't like the one day off here and there... it wears on me.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    Posts per day for the past few days.

I am trying to figure out how many posts I had on Monday. I have yet to figure it out.

Edit: I think it was 424....yikes. Which would put me at 21% of the total posts.... not bad
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Closed thread
Page 3 of 482 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 11
    Last post: 16 Oct 2012, 7:10 PM
  2. Replies: 5003
    Last post: 31 Dec 2009, 3:08 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141