Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 33 of 482 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread of Their Own 8 (2013)

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker View post
    Go to "options" then scroll across to security settings and you should be able to see your saved passwords. Not sure if deleting cookies would get those or not. (I'm not a member of the Digirati)
    Kewl. I'll have to try it out. Thanks!!
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    k-k-k Katie, beautiful Katie, you're the only g-g-g-girl that I a d-d-d-d-d-dore.....

(My mom's not feeling well today. She used to sing that song to me when I was little. Anybody know it? Oh yeah, and NO, I wasn't originally named Katie.)
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Got an email and a paper note from my daughter's Catholic K-8 school today inviting parents to a meeting about the school's future Thursday night. Representatives from the Archdiocese will be in attendance. My daughter has a year left there before HS and I fear the message is a closing. Other eighth grade options locally are unappetizing. I feel really bad that I strongly recommended the school to a friend that has three kids there (two firsts and a third). I am not pleased with the Archdiocese of Indianapolis right now. #numbercrunchersforthepope
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    My wife got me a Kindle Fire HD for Xmas. Very nice gift. I must be doing something right.
    Another Cyburbian was confused about my X-mas wish list....so I ordered one X-mas nite. It's going to be great for trips!

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by NHPlanner View post
    My HR Manager just informed me that I have about 50 applications for a part-time secretary position in my department. For a 24/hr per week position with no benefits.

I was expecting 10 or so. Guess I know what I'll be reviewing for the next few days...
    I never really minded it. The only challenge I've found throughout the whole process is finding the most qualified person who will fit in with and work well with the rest of the staff.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by NHPlanner View post
    My HR Manager just informed me that I have about 50 applications for a part-time secretary position in my department. For a 24/hr per week position with no benefits.

I was expecting 10 or so. Guess I know what I'll be reviewing for the next few days...
    We got 100 applications for a housing counselor position that we interviewed about 10 people for. We weren't on fire about any of them. My boss said she needed my help this time because I'm generally better at selecting candidates to interview and vetting them. Guess it's all those years as a restaurant manager that comes into play.

Quote Originally posted by kms View post
    Take it as a compliment. I'm the toughest insepctor in our office, yet people often ask if their sites are in my inspection areas. It's because I keep appointments, return calls, and listen to what people say to me. They tell me that I'm reasonable and practical. I'm sure they'd say the same about you.
    There is one inspector usually ask if I am going to be on site during an inspection or ask the GC to call me to come to the site. He asked him why once and he told him that I was one of the best project managers of the non-profit builders in the city and likes to pick my brain on other issues. Guess it helps that I rarely fail an inspection and am always willing to give them whatever information they require.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Dec 2008
    You know, it's often lonely around City Hall when the meeting's over and you are so ticked off about the tabling of your perfectly reasonable proposal that you feel compelled to stay, look stuff up in State Code and prove the bastards wrong.

If I sit here alone muttering to myself about how unfair it all is will I start referring to myself in the third person and become gollum? Chubby, big-haired gollum? I think I'm OK with that right now.

I promised to post more later in the day so that's what you get folks. Now go make whoopie.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    You know, it's often lonely around City Hall when the meeting's over and you are so ticked off about the tabling of your perfectly reasonable proposal that you feel compelled to stay, look stuff up in State Code and prove the bastards wrong.

If I sit here alone muttering to myself about how unfair it all is will I start referring to myself in the third person and become gollum? Chubby, big-haired gollum? I think I'm OK with that right now.

I promised to post more later in the day so that's what you get folks. Now go make whoopie.
    Sorry buddy.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Time to rock it like a hurricane
    follow me on the twitter @rcplans

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Go to "options" then scroll across to security settings and you should be able to see your saved passwords. Not sure if deleting cookies would get those or not. (I'm not a member of the Digirati)

It was a good suggestion but it didn't work. For some reason the website didn't show up in my list of saved passwords. When I go to the site it automatically logs me in but I don't know with what!
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    It was a good suggestion but it didn't work. For some reason the website didn't show up in my list of saved passwords. When I go to the site it automatically logs me in but I don't know with what!
    Can't you always reset your password once your logged in? You should always be able to do that. Also in the settings you should be able to view what the email is to login. If not, from a different web browser, log in "say forgot passowrd" and than have it emailed to you, but i guess that doesn't help when you forgot the email you signed up with

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Got an email and a paper note from my daughter's Catholic K-8 school today inviting parents to a meeting about the school's future Thursday night. Representatives from the Archdiocese will be in attendance. My daughter has a year left there before HS and I fear the message is a closing. Other eighth grade options locally are unappetizing. I feel really bad that I strongly recommended the school to a friend that has three kids there (two firsts and a third). I am not pleased with the Archdiocese of Indianapolis right now. #numbercrunchersforthepope
    Lately here, they close Catholic schools at the end of the school year; they used to give a year's notice, which gives families time to protest. I hope you get the extra year.

I will say, though, that my decision to move my sons to public school was harder on me than it was on them, and they flourished. I think that their attending Catholic school was more important to me than it was to anyone else. (Maybe this belongs in the confessions thread....)

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Back to back night meetings is brutal. I have to make it through the day.... I wish they still sold Jolt...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Aug 2005

This makes me smile

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand

I will say, though, that my decision to move my sons to public school was harder on me than it was on them, and they flourished. I think that their attending Catholic school was more important to me than it was to anyone else. (Maybe this belongs in the confessions thread....)
    We know a couple of families where this has happened and exactly the same thing, the kids did great and didn't miss a beat. One kid in fact came out of his shell and has turned into a very happy child instead of a sullen quiet one.

Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    I see what you did there, ya bucktooth varmit.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Jun 2004
    I am a firm believer in befriending folks that are smarter than me. Of course it is not beneath me to blackmail those I am incapable of befriending.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by Big Owl View post
    I am a firm believer in befriending folks that are smarter than me. Of course it is not beneath me to blackmail those I am incapable of befriending.
    So thats what happened to the short-timer. I knew the truth would come out sooner or later
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    Back to back night meetings is brutal. I have to make it through the day.... I wish they still sold Jolt...
    I just had the same thing! I'm adding extra credit Thursday for a workshop in the large 'burb next door about long range water planning, working a booth for my community.
    "Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon." ~Peter Lynch

Lately here, they close Catholic schools at the end of the school year; they used to give a year's notice, which gives families time to protest. I hope you get the extra year.

I think the announcement will be that this is the final academic year for the school (ending a 160 year run). My daughter is very meek and shy and I think she wouldn't be comfortable in a large jr high. We've decided that if the closing happens, she'll finish in a small parish in the town next door, or go to the jr high at my son's sr high. I'm just really honked off about this because if you kill this inner-city, mostly older parishes school, you drive another nail in the parish coffin.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Big Owl View post
    You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Brocktoon View post
    You are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with.
    I'm not average, I'm mean.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Boss Hog has taken the hands on approach to helping "expedite" permits, however he fails to forget that the California Building Code apply to all..not some

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    I'm not average, I'm mean.
    Here all this time, I thought you were median.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Mar 2002
    I think it's time for RJ and ZG to take a trip. I want to see another of their photo tours of the towns they visit. It's been to long since the last one.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Whose Yur Planner View post
    Here all this time, I thought you were median.
    In shirt sizes, I'm a medium.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Closed thread
Page 33 of 482 FirstFirst ... 23 32 33 34 43 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 11
    Last post: 16 Oct 2012, 8:10 PM
  2. Replies: 5003
    Last post: 31 Dec 2009, 4:08 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 01 Jan 2009, 12:43 AM
  4. Replies: 4811