Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 52 of 482 FirstFirst ... 42 51 52 53 62 ... LastLast
Results 1,276 to 1,300 of 12050

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread of Their Own 8 (2013)

Lovely older couple, doing their due diligence, just left. They seemed enthralled with my office for some reason I can't fathom and with my presentation about their chosen lot and the zoning requirements for building a garage. I fear I disappointed them by not conjuring a garage with the snap of my fingers.

C'mon 4:00.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally posted by Whose Yur Planner View post
    Glad to hear you're feeling better, oh ursine one.

Slightly off topic, did anyone see the Will Ferrill remake of the series? I tend to avoid his movies at all costs, but was curious how it was.
    I thought it was a bout as good as any of his movies. Generally stupid comedy, I never thought he was to funny on SNL and his movies aren't much better for me. Maybe a couple of good bits, but overall not worth the time and beer it took to watch.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    ho hum.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by hilldweller View post
    ho hum.
    If I had a nickel for every time I heard that....
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally posted by hilldweller View post
    ho hum.
    It's time to get freaked!
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Another weekend of grim weather and Netflix. I'm trying to get psyched up about it but I'm not sure....

Your enthusiastic statement about freaking got me going a little bit, imaplanner. Bring on some more of that, maybe!
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Jun 2005
    Recent online shoe purchasing dramas for Nats

Nats: ooh Christmas sales! i shall buy two pairs of lovely heels from an internationally reputable shoe store from their OZ online website.
    Shoe store email: thank you for your order Nats, we shall confirm your order in 3-7 days.
    Shoe store email: Confirming your order for one pair of shoes.
    Nats: huh i ordered 2 pairs, oh well probably a mistake.
    Australia post: one pair of shoes for you nats has arrived.
    Nats: hmmf i want my other pair, i shall write an email asking of its wherabouts, considering they are still selling the shoe in my size on the website.
    Shoe store email: sorry we ran out of stock, don't worry you didn't get charged.
    Nats: [return email] complaining about pathetic customer service.
    Shoe store: *silence*
    Shoe store advertising a week later: Additional 30% sale stock
    Nats: curious, they are still selling that shoe in my size, and guess what its cheaper- lets try an order it again
    shoe store email: confirming your order for one pair of shoes
    Australia post (a week later): one pair of shoes for you nats
    Nats: Yay the shoes i wanted, but seriously wtf?

I cant really complain anyway, i cant even wear heels at the moment as i busted my ankle.
    "Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" Zoolander

Registered
    Dec 2008
    natski, please tell me you busted your ankle in a way that will enthrall and enliven this afternoon for me. If you did not, I'd like to encourage you to lie about at this time, telling the truth later when I'm not looking for excitement!

(also, my sympathy on lousy customer service, my compliments on your fabulous shoes, and my sympathies on your ankles... )
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    natski, please tell me you busted your ankle in a way that will enthrall and enliven this afternoon for me. If you did not, I'd like to encourage you to lie about at this time, telling the truth later when I'm not looking for excitement!

(also, my sympathy on lousy customer service, my compliments on your fabulous shoes, and my sympathies on your ankles... )
    Actually slightly interesting story (perhaps)- work sanctioned Netball competition (you may may have to google what 'netball' is- apart from you Canadians ) strategic planning team (plus an assessment officer) v engineers in the final. Close match, engineers up at half time. Strat plan making a come back, i go to catch a ball, got knocked by an engineer in mid air and my foot lands on his foot, with my ankle rolling over it. That was in the first week of December. Its still swollen and i had an MRI on Thursday which says i have an prominent osteochondral impaction fracture of the talar neck, whatever that means, and ligament damage for a mild sprain (so really not that bad), but it hurts to wear heels. Off to the doctor to see it all means next week.

and yes the engineers won the match
    "Have you ever wondered if there was more to life, other than being really, really, ridiculously good looking?" Zoolander

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by natski View post
    Actually slightly interesting story (perhaps)- work sanctioned Netball competition (you may may have to google what 'netball' is- apart from you Canadians ) strategic planning team (plus an assessment officer) v engineers in the final. Close match, engineers up at half time. Strat plan making a come back, i go to catch a ball, got knocked by an engineer in mid air and my foot lands on his foot, with my ankle rolling over it. That was in the first week of December. Its still swollen and i had an MRI on Thursday which says i have an prominent osteochondral impaction fracture of the talar neck, whatever that means, and ligament damage for a mild sprain (so really not that bad), but it hurts to wear heels. Off to the doctor to see it all means next week.

You called the game beautifully - I could see it all in my mind. Your injury happened in slow motion, btw. THANKS!

Engineers won. Harrumph! So smug, those engineers. Next time, baby. Next time.

Registered
    Jan 2009
    We must start a neverending story thread to entertain Ursus during her long netflix weekends.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally posted by natski View post

Sorry to hear about the injury. My former city manager blew out his ACL playing basketball against the fire department. When our cities health insurance was up for renewal his injury was cited as one of the reasons why our premiums went up.

I played netball in high school PE. I hope the visit goes well and it takes nothing more than time to heal.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by dvdneal View post
    We must start a neverending story thread to entertain Ursus during her long netflix weekends.
    That's going to bring a surprise his wife and children.
    I think that one of the great signs of security is the ability to just walk away.

Registered
    Feb 2007
    For those that don't follow my antics on FB

I decided to outsource my plan check for a very large townhome subdivision:

Upon further review, we held a meeting to discuss their lack of pavers for pedestrian facilities per Council Resolution:

follow me on the twitter @rcplans

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Speaking of online purchasing drama, AIB Natski -

Hubby purchased some auto parts via Amazon (don't ask me why - I couldn't figure it out either). A very heavy large box arrived and he opened it, only to discover that it contained not car parts, but $120 worth of Friskies cat food! While the order had his name and address on it, he certainly didn't purchase any Friskies by mail and did not want his credit card charged for it. (I smell a rat... er, cat. )

Fortunately, he called Amazon and was able to get everything straightened out. UPS came the next day and took the cat food away, much to the displeasure of our resident felines.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Raf View post

Upon further review, we held a meeting to discuss their lack of pavers for pedestrian facilities per Council Resolution:

Your junior associates are a cute bunch and seem to know their way around an engineer's scale. Hope their work load didn't keep them up past their bedtimes.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Feb 2005

How could any applicant get angry with such a cute planner smiling at them?!

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    Meanwhile, in Oakland County ...

Don't hate on the OC!

(not to mention that it looks like that video was all filmed in Wayne County... home of Detroit)
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Feb 2004
    http://goo.gl/maps/MPh0r any ideas what it might be? (or how much they charge a night?)
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    http://goo.gl/maps/MPh0r any ideas what it might be? (or how much they charge a night?)
    That is the Ryugyong Hotel -
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...side--now.html
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-n...-north-1482682

Planning a conference there or family vacation ?
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Tomorrow is the Jambalaya cook-off at the city's culinary center. I'll be there!

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    The wireless printer died. And it's not that old. Fuck HP printers. Never again.
    We're in the market for a replacement. The question is: Best Buy or Sam's Club?
    Also, I took my Samsung Chromebook to the repair folks yesterday...should have it back in about a week. Don't buy this product. Too fragile.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Annoyed at my lack of financial austerity.

I'm trying to get Hubby to let me back out of a surprise party for one of his colleagues. The party is over an hour from here. I've negotiated cleaning the bathroom and kitchen and letting him spend the night.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Otis View post
    Tomorrow is the Jambalaya cook-off at the city's culinary center. I'll be there!
    Best of luck! Let's know how you do!
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Oct 2009

Your daughter is already making her redline corrections. You must be a very proud father

Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    The wireless printer died. And it's not that old. Fuck HP printers. Never again.
    We're in the market for a replacement. The question is: Best Buy or Sam's Club?
    Also, I took my Samsung Chromebook to the repair folks yesterday...should have it back in about a week. Don't buy this product. Too fragile.
    Let me know what printer you go with; I'm in the market for a new one myself. I feel like once a printer has gone through a few ink cartridges, they're done.
    And that concludes staff’s presentation...

Closed thread
Page 52 of 482 FirstFirst ... 42 51 52 53 62 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 11
    Last post: 16 Oct 2012, 8:10 PM
  2. Replies: 5003
    Last post: 31 Dec 2009, 4:08 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 01 Jan 2009, 12:43 AM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 7:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141