Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 59 of 482 FirstFirst ... 49 58 59 60 69 ... LastLast
Results 1,451 to 1,475 of 12050

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread of Their Own 8 (2013)

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Brocktoon View post
    Got new business cards...any suggestions on what to do with the 800 or so I have left over?
    Recycle them
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Got new business cards...any suggestions on what to do with the 800 or so I have left over?
    Keep them to drop into free lunch drawings.
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    Sep 1999
    The tile guy is finally done; have to admit, he picked a really good color of grout for our master shower. Hopefully the plumber will finish it off tomorrow,which will be two weeks since they demolished the old shower. Then we move on to Phase II, electrical and an exterior door.

Registered
    Oct 2009
    Congrats Blide and Rygor on your new opportunities.

Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    Oh noes! A formerly good buddy of mine, who was initially quite an environmentalist and chill guy, quit the public sector planning side and went private RE a few years ago and now he makes about 300k a year, wears suits everywhere, talks down to people and does blow on the weekends.
    Are they hiring?
    And that concludes staff’s presentation...

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post
    Sounds like your honeymoon is over!

I've been shifting back and forth between projects all day. It's a miracle I even know where I am. I think I'll have with dinner tonight.

SW MI Planner: You can always have an entire container of shrimp lo mein by yourself. Be decadent.
    I did manage to get 90% of my program compliance reporting done today. Now just to collate it into a mega binder that is tabbed and indexed. I wonder if I can borrow RT from the foreclosure unit for a few hours. Of course, I could just make her help me over the weekend

Tomorrow I have to deal with CDBG project that isn't mine, but is becoming mine because a) nobody else seems to want to own it; b) the program monitor calls me about it all the time since I answer questions; c) the building inspector seems to have me on speed dial; d) my GC always protests if I am not present at any construction project meeting because he doesn't like dealing with the ED, his assistant, or my boss.

Although I've been in my current job for 18 months now I have yet to receive a performance evaluation. However, my boss received hers and told me that I was mentioned in it: "kjel is an excellent complement to you and the division..." I said that's nice and asked when I might see an eval and she said that it wasn't a priority for her and she didn't like doing them unless there was a problem. Ummm ok.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Only two reasons I'd be up before 5am, maybe three. 1) if I were going on a long trip, 2) the older one (not likely these days he's 7am like clockwork), or 3) the younger one. It's #3 - and he almost never beats the older one up. It'll be a long day.
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Level furniture with them.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Aug 2005
    In my dream last night I was either married to or dating Lance Armstrong. His kids liked me and he had a nice pool.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Jun 2004
    Wallpaper your desk fort.

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    In my dream last night I was either married to or dating Lance Armstrong. His kids liked me and he had a nice pool.

I keep reading that he's a colossal jerk in real life, which sortof follows with someone who never really entered traditional social and educational paths.

Registered
    Feb 1998
    This month only. Free access to JAPA journals for APA members. Yeah, right. Try to navigate that SOB.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    turn them over and draw animation to flip through

or create your own bullshit bingo flash cards for meetings

Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    Oh noes! A formerly good buddy of mine, who was initially quite an environmentalist and chill guy, quit the public sector planning side and went private RE a few years ago and now he makes about 300k a year, wears suits everywhere, talks down to people and does blow on the weekends.
    instant image ala 1987, wow

Quote Originally posted by mike gurnee View post
    This month only. Free access to JAPA journals for APA members. Yeah, right. Try to navigate that SOB.
    I gave up my subscription to JAPA this year when I had to start paying for my own dues - it sometimes was a good read but often, not

Registered
    Aug 2005
    I love Hubby but sometimes his lack of social/conversational graces annoy me. Everyday he e-mails me and asks me how I slept. I respond and then ask how he slept. He never comments on what I said and only answers my question. Not a big deal but slightly annoying. I bet Lance would be interested in my dreams...
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by mike gurnee View post
    I know this will be one of the many things that keeps from getting the FAICP, but I've only managed to get through JAPA once or twice. Not like I was ever going to get FAICP anyway.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Jun 2004
    I love Hubby but sometimes his lack of social/conversational graces annoy me. Everyday he e-mails me and asks me how I slept. I respond and then ask how he slept. He never comments on what I said and only answers my question. Not a big deal but slightly annoying. I bet Lance would be interested in my dreams...
    You want questions answered and comments on your response to his previous question. I suggest that you form a stakeholders group and draft a standard operating procedure for email response. Personally, I only answer question asked by my spouse. I avoid commenting on statements unless I am asked. I use to go in to fix-it mode whether she wanted me to or not. As of now, I mostly comment on demand with the exception to the occasional verbal cue that alerts her to my attentiveness. It's less stressful that way for the both of us.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    I should take this class.

Acro-Yoga is a combination of two person acrobatics, yoga and thai-body work. It is really fun!!! Come with a playful attitude and a willingness to fall down and get back up again. The class is open to female identified and queer identified folks to create a safer space within the patriarchy for us to exist.
    Uhhh ... being a straight male, I guess I can't go. Let's see ...

Through papermaking workshops veterans use uniforms worn in combat to create works of art. The uniforms are cut up, beaten into a pulp and formed into sheets of paper. Veterans use the transformative process of papermaking to reclaim their uniform as art and begin to embrace their experiences in the military.
    What else is there ...

Calling all grrlz, guys and zis of every color, affiliation or creed for discussion, article review, book looks and personal discovery of an Ithaca brand of feminism that can stand the 3 waves of feminism and of climate change. Topics include but are not limited to gardening, farming, food security/justice, taking back the land, women’s ways of knowing and women’s historical role with the earth. Why were women the first farmers of our time before industrialization and the first herbalists and are they gifted with properties of green witchcraft? How have female deities across religions been portrayed with relationship to or in myth and analogy to the earth — looking into the changing roles

Okay, this actually sounds cool.

Learn to make fire without matches, and along the way learn more about nature and yourself! We start with the basics of friction fire, learning the techniques, materials, and attitude, and move gradually toward the goal of being able to make fire with no tools and materials other than those we find in nature.
    And this.

Making shit up is fun! Come remember how it’s done. Long-form improvisation may just be unlike anything you’ve ever experienced. Forget Who’s Line Is It Anyway. Improv is about letting yourself be in the here and now and discovering where your imagination goes when you let yourself free and let yourself play with other people, helping each other create together in a safe and nonjudgmental space.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Jul 2006

Use them as book marks

PIck your teeth with them

I bet Lance would be interested in my dreams...
    I bet Lance only dreams about Lance.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    . . . I bet Lance would be interested in my dreams...
    Please, Dandy, tell me more about your dreams. [as I sit, hand resting on chin, looking very attentive]
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Since HE had a nice pool, you were dating. There, that part is interpreted.

I guess you woke up before you could get to the part where "WE had a nice pool".

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Dan - I think I saw those same classes in the People's Republic of Cambridge (Massachusetts) - hilarious!

I am in the middle of a debate on restoration or rehabilitation on a HUD bid I have out with the board members of the museum I am giving them HUD funds for - excuse me but why didn't you decie this before you gave me the specs to post? WTF

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I was a lonely teenage broncin' buck with a pink carnation and a pickup truck

Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    I should take this class.
    Those class descriptions are hilarious! Hmmm gives me an idea. What would, say, a firearms training class description sound like Ithaca style?

Calling all feminists, come vector your chi and find a positive outlet for your inner negative aggression with this delightful firearms training course. Participants will learn to aim, clean, and operate various firearms in a non-patricharchal, asexual, judgement-free environment....
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

I believe we'll make 1,500 in here before the calendar rolls over to February. Nice work.
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Those class descriptions are hilarious! Hmmm gives me an idea. What would, say, a firearms training class description sound like Ithaca style?
    Post of the day.

How about a Hatha yoga or herbal medicine class, described Texas style?
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Apparently it takes 3 men to drill a hole through an outside wall.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    Apparently it takes 3 men to drill a hole through an outside wall.
    1 to watch for alligators, 1 to watch you in the hot tub, and 1 to drill the hole?

Closed thread
Page 59 of 482 FirstFirst ... 49 58 59 60 69 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 11
    Last post: 16 Oct 2012, 7:10 PM
  2. Replies: 5003
    Last post: 31 Dec 2009, 3:08 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141