Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 67 of 482 FirstFirst ... 57 66 67 68 77 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,675 of 12050

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread of Their Own 8 (2013)

Did anyone at CBS think to interview an NFL spokesperson to find out what happened with this power outage? #CBSFAIL
    Je suis Charlie

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    I log into webinars all the time. Strangely, I always forget to turn on the speakers. On the last one, I asked some lame-ass question at the end that actually got answered!! I logged 1.5 legal CMs for that one.

Lots of carry-over.
    That ought to cost you 2.5 ethics CMs.

Mr. RJ's Hair Saloon was open this morning. I like going to bed with a redhead.
    Drapes and carpet?
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Sep 1999
    The 49ers get in the Super Bowl, and another Cyb has been asleep for 55 minutes.

Of course he woke up as soon as I posted this.
    Last edited by Zoning Goddess; 03 Feb 2013 at 10:08 PM.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Liar. You were nude. Please tell use you were in the nude when this happened. Please.
    No really, this middle aged lady wears a bathing suit in the hot tub - I thought I got away with posting a story that no one saw - lol

I'll give you a call this week...from the hot tub. We should talk.
    Yes definitely

Happy Monday!

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    Meanwhile, in Germany ...

Now I am obligated to try some "Konig" Pilsener. You just know that's probably gonna taste like Beck's, St Pauli, Warsteiner, etc. This 'king' of beers is probably nothing more than a a rheinheitsgebot infantryman.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    Meanwhile, in Germany ...

Gotta love Germany-alcohol and red meat.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Mar 2007
    I am getting over a bad cold and probably should have stayed home from work today but a) I don't like using my vacation/personal time unless I am really doing something fun and b) I would have felt like I was some sort of drunk calling in sick the morning after the Super Bowl. But the woman on the other side of the cubicle wall from me has already commented twice on my nose blowing and coughing. I think this will be a short day in the office.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    May 2005
    Working on a special event permit for a new summer festival. Things they don't tell you you'll be doing in planning school. I see myself on the road to becoming a City Manager, and it bugs the hell out of me every day.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Jan 2009
    Stick with bitte ein bit and you'll be fine. Konig's was not a winner for me. No if you can get your hands on some Kulmbacher, that was good stuff!
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Based on the movie trailers, it looks like I'm going to have to see both "World War Z" and "Identity Theft"
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Based on the movie trailers, it looks like I'm going to have to see both "World War Z" and "Identity Theft"
    I haven't yet seen a trailer for WWZ but I'm looking forward to it. I don't generally like audio books, but the WWZ audio book was fantastic. Instead of being read by a single voice, it uses a different voice actor for each character.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    My only issue is Tom Cruise. He can make any movie suck for me.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Mar 2007

Registered
    Aug 2005
    the fan on my PC's computer is no longer white noise but is a serious nuisance that is eliciting thoughts of me throwing it out the window...

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    the fan on my PC's computer is no longer white noise but is a serious nuisance that is eliciting thoughts of me throwing it out the window...
    Throw IT, Throw IT, Throw IT.....(I'm chanting, and it's irritating the soft-rock Wednesday lady in the next office....which only makes it better)
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    That's an amazing story.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    The property manager where I live is a certified douchebag. He called my boss and left a voice mail saying that I was blogging about Section 8 tenants all over the place and he felt that she should know since we are in the community development field and supposed to be helping poor people.

She of course asked me and I said the only Joe I know is my property manager and he's an asshole. I posted one review of the experience of living in the apartment building like everyone else on the planet does around here. The comment I made was "I specifically asked if there were Section 8 tenants in the building and was told no, that was untrue as there are quite a few Section 8 tenants left from the previous building owner."

For me it's a personal preference, one that I choose to pay for and given the community work I do in low income and high crime areas the last thing I want to do is go home to that at the end of the day. I don't begrudge people for being on Section 8 as it happens due to many reasons.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Well, it's just a simple fact. When I want something, and I don't want to pay for it

Registered
    Aug 2005
    oh god, let's not start this again...

Registered
    Dec 2008
    oh god, let's not start this again...
    What aren't we starting? I'll try not to start it inadvertently....unless I just did.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    What aren't we starting? I'll try not to start it inadvertently....unless I just did.
    Oh!!!!!!!!!! See there you go again! Geez...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    May 2005
    I've been caught stealing. Once when I was 5.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Occasionally I'll check out the news for the suburb of Cleveland where I used to live. This was in the most recent police blotter.

PROPERTY DAMAGE, MAYFIELD ROAD: On the morning of Jan. 22, the owner of Mr. Hero arrived at the business to find snow pushed against both public entrances and the emergency door in the back. A plow had been used to push the snow.

The store owner called the former provider of his snow plow services. Earlier in the month, the owner told the provider he no longer wanted his services, which angered the snow plow driver. The snow plow man allegedly admitted to the owner on the phone that he had pushed the snow against the doors in retaliation for his being fired. The snow damaged a frame on one of the doors.

Police called the snow plow provider and told he is not permitted back on the Mr. Hero property. The victim was told to contact the city prosecutor to deal with the civil issue
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    Oh!!!!!!!!!! See there you go again! Geez...
    exactly...

actually maister started it but we have to be careful or we'll get thrown out into the vague thread or worse, a new thread will start, so be quiet everybody...

Registered
    Feb 2004
    exactly...

actually maister started it but we have to be careful or we'll get thrown out into the vague thread or worse, a new thread will start, so be quiet everybody...
    "I've always said that carrots were my favorite vegetable. You said it on your wedding day too as I recall. Have you suddenly become a fan of broccoli?!"

Closed thread
Page 67 of 482 FirstFirst ... 57 66 67 68 77 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 11
    Last post: 16 Oct 2012, 7:10 PM
  2. Replies: 5003
    Last post: 31 Dec 2009, 3:08 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141