Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 69 of 482 FirstFirst ... 59 68 69 70 79 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,725 of 12050

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread of Their Own 8 (2013)

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    I hate when one of my kids is sick. They're so loud all the time, but I would take that over them being sick any day of the week.
    It feels helpless, huh? I hate it too. The mean part is that you can't enjoy the peace and quiet because it makes you want them noisy again.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Check out this, um. terrifying curious video from the hermit kingdom

http://now.msn.com/north-korea-relea...-new-york-city
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    I called our legal council the other day and got a bill yesterday for the .333 of an hour we spoke. The private sector is so different from the public sector. If I could charge a resident for how long they talked to me, we wouldn't be in this fiscal mess....
    I honestly wished my organization tracked time the way we did the private sector. That way we could truly implement "cost recovery"
    Men do dumb $hit... it is what they do to correct the problem that counts.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Lunch at my desk, instead of in the truck, restaurant or a picnic table in a park. Another reason to stay outside. I was asked to help with a plan review, and stinky coat stood and talked to me incessantly.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by kms View post
    Lunch at my desk, instead of in the truck, restaurant or a picnic table in a park. Another reason to stay outside. I was asked to help with a plan review, and stinky coat stood and talked to me incessantly.
    Did I tell you I had my coat dry cleaned after your first stories about "stinky coat"? I was worried I might be that guy! I also spritzed it with a nice, light cologne. I don't know if it mattered, but I FEEL more popular and well-liked now.

I should send you a small gift of some kind....
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    Did I tell you I had my coat dry cleaned after your first stories about "stinky coat"? I was worried I might be that guy! I also spritzed it with a nice, light cologne. I don't know if it mattered, but I FEEL more popular and well-liked now.

ursus...you make me smile on a day when I'm stressing about a public meeting tonight that I am presenting a world-ending rezoning petition at. thank you friend.

And about that rezoning-bosses are making staff recommend approval...if I were the boss, I would not be doing that with this one. Thought it was a bad idea from the start, before receiving all the nasty-grams from the neighbors with personal attacks.
    "Never invest in any idea you can't illustrate with a crayon." ~Peter Lynch

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by beach_bum View post
    ursus...you make me smile on a day when I'm stressing about a public meeting tonight that I am presenting a world-ending rezoning petition at. thank you friend.

And about that rezoning-bosses are making staff recommend approval...if I were the boss, I would not be doing that with this one. Thought it was a bad idea from the start, before receiving all the nasty-grams from the neighbors with personal attacks.
    Those are the hardest to swallow. The recs you don't want to make. I don't envy you your night. Think about kitties, and smiley faces and grandmas and apple pies. And if it helps, you can imagine that I'm in the back row wearing a Barney the Dinoaur costume, holding a clipboard and taking notes while nodding seriously as you make your recommendation.....

Registered
    Mar 2007
    I hate when one of my kids is sick. They're so loud all the time, but I would take that over them being sick any day of the week.
    It feels helpless, huh? I hate it too. The mean part is that you can't enjoy the peace and quiet because it makes you want them noisy again.
    Our daughter just got over a bad cold (and gave it to me of course). I was remarking to my wife that even though she had a worse cold last fall, this one seems worse to me because she's older (2 and a half now) and able to understand better that she is sick and it breaks my heart. My wife did good though in pointing out that even though the daughter would continuously cough, throw up phlegm (), and announce, "I sick!" to us, it really did not slow her down one iota.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Has anyone seen my motivation?
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    It's on vacation with mine.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Quote Originally posted by kjel View post
    It's on vacation with mine.
    Went together to find mine.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Jan 2009
    So the commissioner is after the sheriff and now I don't get a deputy at my meetings. Doesn't affect me much, but all you had to do is ask. It didn't have to be thrown out during a public meeting without me there.
    I know it's not about me, but can't they just whip it out and measure it already?
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by dvdneal View post
    So the commissioner is after the sheriff and now I don't get a deputy at my meetings. Doesn't affect me much, but all you had to do is ask. It didn't have to be thrown out during a public meeting without me there.
    I know it's not about me, but can't they just whip it out and measure it already?
    wow there is so much in that paragraph

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by dvdneal View post
    That's the problem. It might not measure very long.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    Went together to find mine.
    Sorry, I have all your motivations. Holy crap what a drug!!! Get out of my way I'm working here!!!!!!!!
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    Sorry, I have all your motivations. Holy crap what a drug!!! Get out of my way I'm working here!!!!!!!!
    POTD!
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jan 2005
    There are a lot of kids that play soccer. It is an amazing number of kids...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001

How did you know that you are the guy? I thought I had been so discreet. Now, about that cologne........

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I was just going thru the cookbooks and food magazines, looking for a recipe the guys liked and the kid asked me to make this week. I told the kid I couldn't find it. He opened the fridge, handed me the Hellman's, and said "It's on the label, Mom".

Just another sign that I'm losing my mind.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    I was just going thru the cookbooks and food magazines, looking for a recipe the guys liked and the kid asked me to make this week. I told the kid I couldn't find it. He opened the fridge, handed me the Hellman's, and said "It's on the label, Mom".

"Bring out the Hellman's and bring out the best."
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001

Haha! For years, my son has asked to go to Grandma's because she make the best macaroni and cheese. One day, I found something he has written, and asked him what it was. He told me that it was Grandma's macaroni and cheese recipe. I read it, and she had dictated the instructions on the box to him. To this day, he won't eat the Kraft mac and cheese that I make.

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by kms View post
    Haha! For years, my son has asked to go to Grandma's because she make the best macaroni and cheese. One day, I found something he has written, and asked him what it was. He told me that it was Grandma's macaroni and cheese recipe. I read it, and she had dictated the instructions on the box to him. To this day, he won't eat the Kraft mac and cheese that I make.
    It always bugs me when we go out for dinner and my girls order the mac and cheese, and the server brings out what is clearly Kraft mac and cheese. I'm paying $3.99 for this and some fries when the box costs me $0.99?????
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Sep 1999
    It always bugs me when we go out for dinner and my girls order the mac and cheese, and the server brings out what is clearly Kraft mac and cheese. I'm paying $3.99 for this and some fries when the box costs me $0.99?????
    We like Kraft OK, and the kid and I like Velveeta Shells and Cheese, but the best non-homemade is Stouffers. Just thinking that because the family size was half-off at Publix this week, so the kid and I will be enjoying some for lunches.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    We like Kraft OK, and the kid and I like Velveeta Shells and Cheese, but the best non-homemade is Stouffers. Just thinking that because the family size was half-off at Publix this week, so the kid and I will be enjoying some for lunches.
    What's better than Mac and Cheese? Not much. Maybe Sloppy Joes. Maybe frozen burritos. I may be the easiest person in the world to please.

Registered
    Oct 2009
    I might be making a move to the dark side

What's better than Mac and Cheese? Not much. Maybe Sloppy Joes. Maybe frozen burritos. I may be the easiest person in the world to please.
    I've actually been craving a good Sloppy Joe. It's been years since I've had one. Are you a manwich or homemade sloppy joe fan?
    And that concludes staff’s presentation...

Closed thread
Page 69 of 482 FirstFirst ... 59 68 69 70 79 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 11
    Last post: 16 Oct 2012, 7:10 PM
  2. Replies: 5003
    Last post: 31 Dec 2009, 3:08 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141