Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 75 of 482 FirstFirst ... 65 74 75 76 85 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,875 of 12050

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread of Their Own 8 (2013)

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by kjel View post
    I think she's going through a lot of stuff at home and that spills over at work. Today's meeting as a little contentious but nothing is require on her end. She feels like she's failing at work too and some staff is kind of working the situation to their benefit and doing what they want. I am trying to be as sympathetic as I can since I've certainly been in a shitty place in life a few times but work and life goes on.
    as someone who got kicked hard and good when I was down, yeah, do what you can for her with compassion and grace but without losing your own mind or becoming an enabler - and definitely get her to therapy

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    I got my hair chopped last night. So far I've gotten 2 compliments on it.
    Wife is wanting to do that. I told her to go ahead if she wants - looks like it will happen this weekend unless she chickens out.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Mar 2007
    6 more hours of work until the two week vacation begins.

Florida better be sunny and warm!
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

This is just up the river from me: Former Big 4 Railroad Bridge opens to pedestrians/bicyclists. We're trying to get a railroad here to let us use a separate traffic lane on their bridge for bike/peds to create an 11+ mile loop with the Big 4. It might yet happen before I retire ...
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Aug 2005
    dandy_warhol 144
    Maister 128
    luckless pedestrian 106
    ursus 99
    Hink 97

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    bon voyagee WSU!

Click image for larger version

Name:	WB-Bugs_Bunny-this_is_it-4-sm.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	16.2 KB
ID:	5118

holy crap I post more than ursus?

Registered
    May 2005
    You know someone truly loves you when they're not instantly repelled by your sickness and associated bodily functions.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    You know someone truly loves you when they're not instantly repelled by your sickness and associated bodily functions.
    Aww, you should put that on your Valentine's Day card.

That's how I knew my Hubby was a keeper. After my Pulmonary Embolism I was in the hospital and hooked up to all sorts of things and had to use a bed pan and Hubby didn't even flinch. I knew that he was a good egg but that proved it even more.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Ha - I had to re-do my Pandora stations so I plunked in Steely Dan for one and this is what it told me on the first song (My Old School): we'll play a song that exemplifies the musical style of Steely Dan which features basic rock song structures, r & b influences, jazz influences, acoustic rhythm piano and demanding instrumental part writing.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    I got my hair chopped last night. So far I've gotten 2 compliments on it.
    Either from your SO? I've been known to go several days before I even notice.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Jun 2004
    The trick on noticing the SO hair changes is looking at the calendar on the refrigerator. When I see the hair appointments, I place a reminder on my phone to notice. I compliment on her hair and look like a winner. I just figure that at some point I am going to compliment her when she cancelled an appointment but I like living on the edge.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    bon voyagee WSU!

Attachment 5118

holy crap I post more than ursus?
    The situation will be rectified, my dear. I just need a little more night and weekend time. So what I need is for all of my childrens' fingers to be broken. Perhaps I could arrange an unfortunate van-door-accident. Is reclaiming my position worth it? You bet it is.....
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Aug 2005
    [insert evil Vincent Price laugh here]

Registered
    Jan 2005
    [insert evil Vincent Price laugh here]
    Are you doing the creep? I am sure someone can find the YouTube of it...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Feb 2007
    I am seriously tired of this emotional roller coaster.... ready to exit the ride
    follow me on the twitter @rcplans

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by Raf View post
    I am seriously tired of this emotional roller coaster.... ready to exit the ride
    Intervention! Intervention! Are you hanging in OK?
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    May 2005
    Perhaps you and the ride operator need an appointment with an amusement park manager to talk.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    Intervention! Intervention! Are you hanging in OK?
    Yes, call me at the office if you need a chat

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Hopefully the coaster is a job... not life or relationship. Whatever it is though, the ride is what makes life good. Just remember that there are always highs coming...

For me though, I concur if we are talking work...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    Hopefully the coaster is a job... not life or relationship. Whatever it is though, the ride is what makes life good. Just remember that there are always highs coming...

For me though, I concur if we are talking work...
    Unfortunately we are not.. oh well.. taking everything a day at a time... just frustrating.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    Sure, I can tell RJ about the fever, chills, and sore throat I've had for two days, but if I mention "associated bodily functions", he'll run screaming from the house.

Registered
    Jun 2004
    I am surplussing the last two of our department's overhead projectors. My previous planning director ran an unofficial overhead projector rescue, as we had five at one time. I have slowly gotten rid of all but two. We haven't used them in 5 to 7 years; however, they reminded me of Wall-e so I let two of them stay in our supply closet until today.

Registered
    Feb 2007
    dandy_warhol 144
    Maister 128
    luckless pedestrian 106
    ursus 99
    Hink 97

Geeze and here i thought i was contributing to the cause..

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    as someone who got kicked hard and good when I was down, yeah, do what you can for her with compassion and grace but without losing your own mind or becoming an enabler - and definitely get her to therapy
    We are all concerned about her, as my coworker said "work issues aside, she's a good person". I think she is meeting with a therapist on Fridays because she has a mid afternoon private appointment repeating on her calender. I am going to talk to a mutual friend of ours that is close to her and see if she'll take her to lunch so she feels supported. We tend to be a pretty compassionate bunch given the type of work we do and the organization we work for. Nearly all of us have had some personal devastation in the past few years so we are certainly empathetic.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Unfortunately we are not.. oh well.. taking everything a day at a time... just frustrating.
    One day at a time can be a real challenge. Hang in there. One day at a time might have a way of becoming one week at a time and so on.

Are all you NORTHEAST COAST folks safely tucked in? I hope so.

Closed thread
Page 75 of 482 FirstFirst ... 65 74 75 76 85 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 11
    Last post: 16 Oct 2012, 8:10 PM
  2. Replies: 5003
    Last post: 31 Dec 2009, 4:08 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 01 Jan 2009, 12:43 AM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 7:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141