Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 82 of 482 FirstFirst ... 72 81 82 83 92 ... LastLast
Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 12050

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread of Their Own 8 (2013)

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    I haven't got my wife a single thing for Valentine's Day yet. The good thing is she probably hasn't got me anything either. Wait, she probably has. Oh shit.
    I decided on a series of hidden cards over the last consecutive days. The last one tomorrow will be from me and the boys.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Let's not be didactic in this profession, because that is a path to disillusion and irrelevancy.

Six seasons and a movie!

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Monday can not come soon enough. I need a day off!
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    I think IT set our internet spend to Extra Slow this morning.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    I have the first case for the M.U.D. Agency (Maister & Ursus Detective Agency) - help me find my motivation. I pay in cookies.
    I went deep undercover for a while and finally tracked down your motivation, dandy. I'm afraid, however, you might not want to hear what's happened to it. But seeing as how you're going to pay in cookies you deserve to know the truth...

People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Apr 2006
    I haven't got my wife a single thing for Valentine's Day yet. The good thing is she probably hasn't got me anything either. Wait, she probably has. Oh shit.
    I never get my wife anything for Valentines. I stomped that out when we were dating....

Thankfully it worked. I do need to pick up a few things for my daughter. Like most 4yo she is always down for chocolate and gifts.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Brocktoon View post
    I never get my wife anything for Valentines. I stomped that out when we were dating....

Thankfully it worked. I do need to pick up a few things for my daughter. Like most 4yo she is always down for chocolate and gifts.
    My wife and I usually just get each other cards. Some years I'll make one of her favorite meals for dinner.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    We aren't getting each other anything either. Normal day for us which means dinner won't be eaten until 9:30pm since RT and my other half have class until 9:15pm. RT will get the baby something since she likes doing that sort of thing with her.

My boss is MIA again. This is getting old.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Thanks to that silly pizza pizza thread I now have the biggest craving for pizza right now. I can hear the lunchtime pizza buffet calling. Considering that embarassing wardrobe malfunction, this is not good.
    Last edited by Maister; 13 Feb 2013 at 2:22 PM.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Thanks to that silly pizza pizza thread I now have the biggest craving for pizza right now. I can hear the lunchtime pizza buffet calling. Considering that embarassing wardrobe malfunction last week, this is not good.
    Funny, that pizza thread is making me nauseous. I took one look at that menu from We the Pizza and almost threw up.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Apr 2006
    My new favorite hashtag to follow on Twitter...#agenda21...tin foil hat folks crack me up...and by cracks me up I mean causes me to laugh nervously since these types are much better armed and no mentally stable.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Hey, it just dawned on me, I don't think the Who were singing about accordians or concertinas in that 'squeezebox' song!

Registered
    May 2005
    The Izzone is gonna be rockin' tonight!!!!!!
    Great win last night. Almost as fun as this one...

"I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Dec 2008

Addie's Bird

There is a bird in our neighborhood that has a simple call: just a whistle on an interval like a doorbell ring, or a mom calling their kid. What is that, a minor third? Anyway, I don't know what kind of bird it is, but if you whistle back to it it keeps calling. I love hearing it because spring is obviously coming. Addie, my 8 year old listens for it every morning getting ready for school. She waits for her brother and his friends to walk to school with her, whistling to that bird.

"I'm just saying 'good morning' to my bird!" she tells me. Dang I love that girl.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    My ED has been pestering me and my boss about applying to another lender to refi the current construction loan. After spending more time than I cared to analyzing the current position of my loans/lines, I've determined that the cost to do so far exceeds the cost to extend my current loan for 6 months which will get me through the 4 construction projects underway. The ED hates the way the construction loan works, I love it because it keeps fiscal out of my pockets I will gladly pay 1% extra in interest for that service.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Oct 2001
    My boss should leave for his extended vacation so I can catch some Zs before my meeting.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Considering that embarassing wardrobe malfunction last week, this is not good.
    I had a malfunction so bad yesterday I had to go home and change on my lunch break. Either that or get fired for indecent exposure

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by hilldweller View post
    I had a malfunction so bad yesterday I had to go home and change on my lunch break. Either that or get fired for indecent exposure
    Thankfully I wasn't going commando but I suspect we experienced similar malfunctions (dang zippers)

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Ugh. All I can say about today is ugh.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Coming back to the office after lunch was very difficult today. The sun is shining and the cats were perched on me as I relaxed on the couch. It would've been very easy to just curl up in that sunbeam and nap the afternoon away.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Coming back to the office after lunch was very difficult today. The sun is shining and the cats were perched on me as I relaxed on the couch. It would've been very easy to just curl up in that sunbeam and nap the afternoon away.
    Hitting the catnip again ?
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    I can't believe the amount of time wasting going on today, condoned by our shut-in boss.

Registered
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally posted by Gedunker View post
    Congrats on finishing one gig and starting a new one. Office politics will immediately replace public policy. Not necessarily for the better, either. Enjoy!
    Quote Originally posted by kjel View post
    Congratulations! As 'dunker said...office politics will replace real politics. Although, you might still get a dose of politics every now and then depending on what's going on. I develop housing for a non-profit and utilize subsidy dollars, there's a lot of politics behind allocations.
    Grazie! I'm sure there will be some office politics, although the people I'll be working the most with all seemed to be very drama-free and no-nonsense types which should get along well with my personality since I am both of those things.
    "When life gives you lemons, just say 'No thanks'." - Henry Rollins

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I think Subway is a crock of junk. Feb-ru-ANY. Bull. Give me a Steak and Cheese for.....$6. LIARS!
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    I think Subway is a crock of junk. Feb-ru-ANY. Bull. Give me a Steak and Cheese for.....$6. LIARS!
    And they aren't even footlongs...
    Men do dumb $hit... it is what they do to correct the problem that counts.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    Quote Originally posted by Raf View post
    And they aren't even footlongs...
    Being female, young(ish) and blonde can help sometimes. I normally get a 6" veggie sub with cheese, spinach, pickles, and cucumbers. Yesterday I politely asked the server guy if I could get extra cheese and not get charged the $0.50 you normally do for extra cheese since I was only getting a few veggies. In my mind they equal out. He asked the boss and after a little hemming and hawing I got my free cheese. Woo hoo!

Closed thread
Page 82 of 482 FirstFirst ... 72 81 82 83 92 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 11
    Last post: 16 Oct 2012, 7:10 PM
  2. Replies: 5003
    Last post: 31 Dec 2009, 3:08 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141