Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 86 of 482 FirstFirst ... 76 85 86 87 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,126 to 2,150 of 12050

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread of Their Own 8 (2013)

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    You know what sounds good? Homemade chicken pot pie for dinner! An entire meal in one dish. Washed down with that last bottle of Bell's Christmas Ale I discovered in the back of the fridge last night. Mmmm mmm!
    Quote Originally posted by otterpop View post
    Homemade chicken pot pie does sound good.
    Must be the season. I was just talking to the Mrs. ofos about chicken pot pie. Unfortunately she's not a fan. Of the purchased variety, there used to be one that I liked the most because it was in a pie shell with crust top, not just a top covering. Anybody know who might make one like that?
    Last edited by NHPlanner; 15 Feb 2013 at 2:04 PM. Reason: fixed quote tags
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post

Must be the season. I was just talking to the Mrs. ofos about chicken pot pie. Unfortunately she's not a fan. Of the purchased variety, there used to be one that I liked the most because it was in a pie shell with crust top, not just a top covering. Anybody know who might make one like that?
    You're probably referring to Marie Callender's pot pies. I'll take homemade any day, but if I'm going to buy one at the store it'd be one of those (and not Swanson or Banquet)
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Dec 2008

You're probably referring to Marie Callender's pot pies. I'll take homemade any day, but if I'm going to buy one at the store it'd be one of those (and not Swanson or Banquet)
    My wife makes a really good meat pie with a pot roast. That sounds good for tonight. Maybe I'll make that. I think she's going out with her sisters. I could eat a lot of meat pie if she's not around to tell me I've had enough.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    All this talk of chicken pot pies and I go back to the top of the page and there is an banner ad for KFC's chicken pot pie for $3.99
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Went out at Eurkea Burger for dinner, which was lovely. And, uh, I happen to look over at a certain point during the meal and see a waitress taking an order, and I found myself wondering what color her underpants might be. Her panties. Uh, odds are they are probably basic white, cotton, underpants. But I sort of think, well, maybe they're silk panties, maybe it's a thong. Maybe it's something really cool that I don't even know about. You know, and uh, and I started feeling...
    Men do dumb $hit... it is what they do to correct the problem that counts.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    All this talk of chicken pot pies and I go back to the top of the page and there is an banner ad for KFC's chicken pot pie for $3.99
    Google will own us all in the end. All of us.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Raf View post
    Went out at Eurkea Burger for dinner, which was lovely. And, uh, I happen to look over at a certain point during the meal and see a waitress taking an order, and I found myself wondering what color her underpants might be. Her panties. Uh, odds are they are probably basic white, cotton, underpants. But I sort of think, well, maybe they're silk panties, maybe it's a thong. Maybe it's something really cool that I don't even know about. You know, and uh, and I started feeling...
    Honey, you think KFC is still open??
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries

Do you go full-on homemade - dough, sauce, vegies and chicken? I make my own, but I use the store-bought pie shells, cream of chicken soup and canned vegetables.
    Last edited by NHPlanner; 15 Feb 2013 at 2:05 PM. Reason: fixed quote tags
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    I just stumbled across a post-menopausal flash mob. Seriously; a crowd of 55+ women, all raising their fingers to the sky, dancing for one empowering song of some kind, wooing, and then leaving.
    I think that was a hot flash mob.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    You know what sounds good? Homemade chicken pot pie for dinner! An entire meal in one dish. Washed down with that last bottle of Bell's Christmas Ale I discovered in the back of the fridge last night. Mmmm mmm!
    I'm having a Healthy Choice crustless chicken pot pie for lunch.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Whose Yur Planner View post
    I'm having a Healthy Choice crustless chicken pot pie for lunch.
    Crustless? Isn't that just a casserole?

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Chicken stew?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Recently I've gotten back into Words With Friends a little and have played a couple games with an old Marine buddy. He's won the past couple games, which in and of itself is no big deal but I find it a trifle annoying because to be honest I know my vocabulary is more extensive than his. But he has managed to win I'm sure by (maybe there's a name for this practice) plugging in random sequences of letters until he finds a match the game will accept. If we were playing scrabble that would never fly, but WWF has this delightful feature that serves as the great equalizer, effectively diminishing my advantage in word knowlege and rewarding either his luck at drawing tiles or his persistence at crunching out random letter combos.

Hard to relate to? Imagine how you'd feel if you lost playing WWF with, say, Mskis, and you'll know how I feel.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    May 2005
    Recently I've gotten back into Words With Friends a little and have played a couple games with an old Marine buddy. He's won the past couple games, which in and of itself is no big deal but I find it a trifle annoying because to be honest I know my vocabulary is more extensive than his. But he has managed to win I'm sure by (maybe there's a name for this practice) plugging in random sequences of letters until he finds a match the game will accept. If we were playing scrabble that would never fly, but WWF has this delightful feature that serves as the great equalizer, effectively diminishing my advantage in word knowlege and rewarding either his luck at drawing tiles or his persistence at crunching out random letter combos.

Hard to relate to? Imagine how you'd feel if you lost playing WWF with, say, Mskis, and you'll know how I feel.
    I feel the same way, and I often lose to people that have much smaller vocabularies than I do.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    I feel the same way, and I often lose to people that have much smaller vocabularies than I do.
    My brother is very good at Scrabble and WWF, and doesn't appear to have that large a vocab...but he is excellent at seeing patterns, which is a big part of Scrabble.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Let's not be didactic in this profession, because that is a path to disillusion and irrelevancy.

Six seasons and a movie!

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Ya know-go the store and find out for yourself.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by mendelman View post
    My brother is very good at Scrabble and WWF, and doesn't appear to have that large a vocab...but he is excellent at seeing patterns, which is a big part of Scrabble.
    I think that is definitely part of it. Just because you have an extensive vocab doesn't mean you have the best strategy or know how to turn an X & a Q into a TW, DL, TL jackpot.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    I think that is definitely part of it. Just because you have an extensive vocab doesn't mean you have the best strategy or know how to turn an X & a Q into a TW, DL, TL jackpot.
    Some of the words that are used in WWF are just ridiculous though. I've tried to look up words that people have used and I couldn't find a definition anywhere. Some people that I play will literally take an entire day to play a word. I know for a fact that they are just trying any and all combinations of words and letters until they find one that WWF let's them play. This wouldn't happen in a real game of Scrabble.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by mendelman View post
    He can wrestle AND spell? That is big.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    Some of the words that are used in WWF are just ridiculous though. I've tried to look up words that people have used and I couldn't find a definition anywhere. Some people that I play will literally take an entire day to play a word. I know for a fact that they are just trying any and all combinations of words and letters until they find one that WWF let's them play. This wouldn't happen in a real game of Scrabble.
    What btrage said. I gots me some L33T skillz where vocabulary, strategy and pattern recognition are concerned. And I have no qualms whatsoever about losing to someone who can block me by playing "quixotic" on triple word tiles, but it bugs me to lose when someone's "strategy" evidently consists of taking a lot of time to plug unlikely combos of letters in until one registers with the game. (e.g. cramming adjacent tiles to form the words "Qis""sym" and "uhs"....wow, that's 88 points!....)

Registered
    Feb 2007
    What btrage said. I gots me some L33T skillz where vocabulary, strategy and pattern recognition are concerned. And I have no qualms whatsoever about losing to someone who can block me by playing "quixotic" on triple word tiles, but it bugs me to lose when someone's "strategy" evidently consists of taking a lot of time to plug unlikely combos of letters in until one registers with the game. (e.g. cramming adjacent tiles to form the words "Qis""sym" and "uhs"....wow, that's 88 points!....)
    Yall should play a "man's game" online. Who is up for some cyburbia Call of Duty? that why were can talk smack and "virtually" affirm our 2nd amendment rights!

God Bless Merica

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    He can wrestle...
    I think the World Wildlife Fund has something to say about your reference.....
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Let's not be didactic in this profession, because that is a path to disillusion and irrelevancy.

Six seasons and a movie!

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    I make one like that
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by kjel View post
    I make one like that
    Don't tempt me to come to NJ.

Registered
    Feb 2007
    It is confirmed that today is S/S weather around my parts... makes me a happy ladd for people viewing at lunch

Closed thread
Page 86 of 482 FirstFirst ... 76 85 86 87 96 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 11
    Last post: 16 Oct 2012, 7:10 PM
  2. Replies: 5003
    Last post: 31 Dec 2009, 3:08 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141