Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 88 of 482 FirstFirst ... 78 87 88 89 98 ... LastLast
Results 2,176 to 2,200 of 12050

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread of Their Own 8 (2013)

Registered
    Oct 2009
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Tried the Dunkin Donuts brownie batter donut. Not that bad. I would have it again but I won't have it again because it was sugar filled with sugar topped with sugar.

They're going to show Curb Your Enthusiasm on tvland. How is that going to work? They're going to have to omit entire episodes, like Beloved Cunt.
    That episode was actually on last night.

Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    Real -
    SLO County planning director to leave job in April
    http://www.sanluisobispo.com/2013/02...san-diego.html

SAW
    Here is your chance to bring a Macy's in
    I wonder who will replace him. I remember hearing recruiters calling the PD of my fair city when the City of SLO was hiring.
    And that concludes staff’s presentation...

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Progress Discipline

With the assistance of HR (that's funny in and of itself), it starts tomorrow. I'm pissed. This is getting ridiculous.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Perfect website for certain Cyburbians

Dull Man's Club - http://www.dullmensclub.com/home.html
    Dull Event of the Month
    Events to Avoid

Cow Milked While Flying in an Airplane
    http://www.dullmensclub.com/archive/february.htm
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    There's no school today for the kiddies so the little girl is here at work today for the morning. Going to meet up with Mrs. P at lunch and switch.

It works out well that I am in a n office so she can stay in here for most of the time. We brought a book, 2 videos and her doll. Of course there is the iPad to pay with too. She hasn't been here for a year or so and she does pretty good. However the constant questions so far are begining to drive me crazy. Need to find a task for her ASAP>>>>>>
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    Many years ago, a few people told me I had an "NPR voice". No more; allergies and the accompanying power sneezing have taken their toll.
    Your voice musta already been on the rocks by the time I first heard it.

Just sayin'
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Oct 2005
    You wouldn't know I have today off based on the amount of emails I received over the weekend and already today. I feel guilty not answering them but I don't have another holiday until Memorial Day and with tons of travel coming up I'm kicking back today and taking it super easy.
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    There's no school today for the kiddies so the little girl is here at work today for the morning. Going to meet up with Mrs. P at lunch and switch.

It works out well that I am in a n office so she can stay in here for most of the time. We brought a book, 2 videos and her doll. Of course there is the iPad to pay with too. She hasn't been here for a year or so and she does pretty good. However the constant questions so far are begining to drive me crazy. Need to find a task for her ASAP>>>>>>
    On the rare occasion that I bring my offspring to the office, I give them a old parcel map to color. It keeps them busy and the results are random so future visitors to my office try to figure out what's the map is suppose to visualize.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Big Owl View post
    On the rare occasion that I bring my offspring to the office, I give them a old parcel map to color. It keeps them busy and the results are random so future visitors to my office try to figure out what's the map is suppose to visualize.
    Yep - the markers and a map have been out for about an hour now. Lots of coloring - or should I say rendering - going on. Let's say the result is very interesting.
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I see St. Patricks Day falls on a Sunday this year. That's pretty much the worst possible day of the week it could fall on.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Tide View post
    You wouldn't know I have today off based on the amount of emails I received over the weekend and already today. I feel guilty not answering them but I don't have another holiday until Memorial Day and with tons of travel coming up I'm kicking back today and taking it super easy.
    Thankfully I am not getting emails, but I am working on a very detailed budget analysis. Mostly so I can get it done and over with.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    I see St. Patricks Day falls on a Sunday this year. That's pretty much the worst possible day of the week it could fall on.
    I just realized that our trip to NYC is over St. Patrick's Day weekend.... oops. I hadn't planned on that many stupid people in NYC
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Feb 2004
    You know...federal holidays (that I don't get) suck.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    You know...federal holidays (that I don't get) suck.
    Do you get an equivalent day over the year? I would give up today, to get something closer to an actual time of the year I care about...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    Do you get an equivalent day over the year? I would give up today, to get something closer to an actual time of the year I care about...
    We do get a couple 'floating holidays'. If I were to pick a time on the calendar where the need for a holiday is most keenly felt I would say about mid-late March. Right in the middle of that nearly half-year long desert all the non-fed employees must cross between New Years and Memorial Day.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    OUr jurisdiction gave up Presidents Day for MLKjr. Day

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Better get out there and start shopping! Beat the crowds! Only 309 shopping days until Christmas! Ho HO HO!

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Michigan people might like this one -

Couple says mistaken buckeye leaf got them stopped
    http://www.14news.com/story/21234431...t-them-stopped
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Jul 2007
    You Americans with your "President's Day".

Stephen Harper. Now there's a real Chief Executive. Sorry.
    Canada is a place of infinite promise. We like the people, and if one ever had to emigrate, this would be the destination, not the U.S.A. The hills, lakes and forests make it a place of peace and repose of the mind, such as one never finds in the U.S.A.
    -- John Maynard Keynes

Registered
    Feb 2005
    The percentage of minorities (non-Hispanic whites) in the U.S. grew from 25% to 36% from 2000 to 2010. I’m not saying this because I have a problem with it, I was just surprised that the growth was so significant, I had to double-check my numbers. Over one in three… how come the U.S. still feels so white? Because I live in this coastal enclave of rich white people?
    Last edited by terraplnr; 18 Feb 2013 at 6:08 PM.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    Somehow National Pancake Week (Feb.10-16) got by us. Go get yourself some flapjacks this a.m.!
    Guess it kinda fell flat, huh.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Guess it kinda fell flat, huh.
    Too many people waffled. I blame it on the Belgians.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    LOL Indian spammers.

Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Dan View post
    LOL Indian spammers.

If you are good at Ruby on Rails you should probably hang out somewhere other than Cyburbia.... I am just saying...

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    I just realized that our trip to NYC is over St. Patrick's Day weekend.... oops. I hadn't planned on that many stupid people in NYC
    Check here for spots to avoid or where to join in http://nycstpatricksparade.org/events

Quote Originally posted by terraplnr View post
    The percentage of minorities (non-Hispanic whites) in the U.S. grew from 25% to 36% from 2000 to 2010. I’m not saying this because I have a problem with it, I was just surprised that the growth was so significant, I had to double-check my numbers. Over one in three… how come the U.S. still feels so white? Because I live in this coastal enclave of rich white people?
    Not sure where you live, but I understand what you mean-having grew up in Portland, Oregon. I live next to Newark which is part of the greater New York City MSA, I take it for granted how diverse the population is. In more than a few NJ counties, there are less than 50% of white only-non Hispanic population. New Jersey, especially in the counties nearest to NYC are a mecca for new immigrants from all over the world. I would say that the two highest regions of origin are Latin America and South Asia. The town I live in comes in at 2.2% white only-non Hispanic according to the census but it's changing somewhat as gentrification happens.

I think a few things are responsible: more accurate census enumeration in 2010 as there was a very concerted effort to count everyone no matter what their immigration status was or if their residence was a legal one or not, better defined options for self selecting race or combination of races, higher birthrates/greater family size in the first generation non-white immigrant communities, and 10.3 million legal immigrants from 2000-2009 (I estimate 1.5 million were white only-non Hispanic). http://www.dhs.gov/sites/default/fil...is_yb_2011.pdf
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Wow. Just WOW!!

My eldest son just called to say he found my senior year high school yearbook. I thought for sure the yearbook found its way into the landfill. He said he also found some other personal belongings that I left behind.

for that boy!

Closed thread
Page 88 of 482 FirstFirst ... 78 87 88 89 98 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 11
    Last post: 16 Oct 2012, 8:10 PM
  2. Replies: 5003
    Last post: 31 Dec 2009, 4:08 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 01 Jan 2009, 12:43 AM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 7:05 AM