Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 94 of 482 FirstFirst ... 84 93 94 95 104 ... LastLast
Results 2,326 to 2,350 of 12050

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread of Their Own 8 (2013)

Registered
    May 2004
    Grand Rapids, Michigan (Detroit ex-pat since 2004)
    Quote Originally posted by Mud Princess View post
    I was, too, until I was informed that we could not possibly go to Belgium, Italy, or France unless we scheduled our trip to coincide with one of the big cycling events: the Tour de Flanders, Giro d'Italia, and Tour de France, respectively (right, Veloise?)

As if there's no other reason to visit these countries.
    If I were headed to Europe, it would be with one of the cycling tour companies that takes you out on a major race route the day before the stage. l'Alpe d'Huez!

The museums & monuments, they can be the next week.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    Tonight's laughing response from RJ: "No, really, you always cook extra bacon for a SNACK?". Well, yes, if I need 4 strips, as long as the package is open, I cook the rest, and snack on it. It took him almost 8 years to notice this? hahahaha. He's missed out on a lot of good bacon.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    Tonight's laughing response from RJ: "No, really, you always cook extra bacon for a SNACK?". Well, yes, if I need 4 strips, as long as the package is open, I cook the rest, and snack on it. It took him almost 8 years to notice this? hahahaha. He's missed out on a lot of good bacon.
    I do the same. Now he's in the know so hide your stash!
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Feb 1998
    An APA research person is working on a PAS report on planning for solar energy. She asked if Greensburg could help. I liked the statement: "...and hopefully speak to whether ordinances got adopted as a result of recommendations included in the comp plan." I think I will help.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I think I could provide a picture and a definition of clusterf@ck. I swear.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    I do that, too! It's also a source of bacon grease, which I use instead of shortening.

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    I think I could provide a picture and a definition of clusterf@ck. I swear.
    Please do!

Or at least PM it to me.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

The ends can justify the means.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    How many stars are there?

Why, billions and billions, of course.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ex__M-OwSA
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    In honor of ursus and his no shaving, shoe untying rebelous tendencies - I declare this Firday to be "No-Shave Friday" Girls too, don't be shy.

That will show all those elected ones we mean business!
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Aug 2002
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Maybe you and I should go to Belgium and eat ourselves silly on chocolate and cheese!
    I like the way you think!

And we'd have to visit Bruges. I don't care that it's considered a tourist trap.

"For two weeks? In f#*%ing Bruges? In a room like this? With you? No way." I loved that movie.

Registered
    May 2005
    Our mailbox is in front of our next door neighbor's house, along with our neighbor's box and the house's box across from us, all in a row. This morning, our next door neighbor had a contractor at her house and these jerk offs somehow managed to back into the mailboxes as they were trying to park their truck in front of the neighbor's house. My mailbox is sunk in the ground and concrete pretty good, but they broke the plastic portion at the top. They didn't even bother to know on our door to tell us. We called their office and hopefully they'll be sending us a check.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by mendelman View post
    Please do!

Or at least PM it to me.
    I think the news article paints a pretty positive picture of what is going on around here. It isn't quite as rosy...Ugh.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jan 2009
    Work called in a. Snow day!
    Going to have a fun day with the kids.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    Our mailbox is in front of our next door neighbor's house, along with our neighbor's box and the house's box across from us, all in a row. This morning, our next door neighbor had a contractor at her house and these jerk offs somehow managed to back into the mailboxes as they were trying to park their truck in front of the neighbor's house. My mailbox is sunk in the ground and concrete pretty good, but they broke the plastic portion at the top. They didn't even bother to know on our door to tell us. We called their office and hopefully they'll be sending us a check.
    We had some workers a couple of years ago manage to knock over a mailbox across the street when backing out of our driveway (it was a very slow speed collision after sunset in a driving rainstorm, so the driver really didn't realize he'd hit the thing). I got in touch with the contractor that night, and he was out there at the crack of dawn the next day to deal with my neighbor about replacing it for him.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Aug 2005
    It annoys me when others send a message saying, "Give me a call" or "send me a message".

*adjusts cranky dial*
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    It annoys me when others send a message saying, "Give me a call" or "send me a message".

*adjusts cranky dial*
    I know, why don't they just send you a message or a call? Phone tag has to be started by someone

Registered
    Sep 1999
    This calls for a delicate maneuver. RJ is asleep in front of the living room t.v. I want to watch t.v. Unfortunately, the volume is still set kinda high from watching the evening news. Do I gently (or not gently) nudge him off to bed, or do I turn on the t.v. and hope I can ratchet the sound down before he has a coronary?

I turned it on. He's still asleep. Just saw a commercial with the Harlem Globetrotters for pistachios; bet the kid wouldn't know their theme song, but how many kids nowadays would? Geez, I sound like my mother!
    Last edited by Zoning Goddess; 21 Feb 2013 at 9:59 PM.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Nasty Ice this morning. Makes me think of Natty Ice. Ahh college.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    I think if Hubby and I were ever to split up then I would remain single. I don't think I have the energy to date. (Unless the guy found attractive no make-up, jammie bottoms and sweatshirts.)
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

I think if Hubby and I were ever to split up then I would remain single. I don't think I have the energy to date. (Unless the guy found attractive no make-up, jammie bottoms and sweatshirts.)
    I've said the same thing about my marriage dandy. If the missus and I ever split, I'm done with marriage. Period. Of course, we've made it 19 years later this year, so I think it's not likely. But, my mind is made up nonetheless.
    Je suis Charlie

Registered
    Feb 1998
    Going to AZ in early April. AZ St. asked me to help at a conference in Tempe. Never been there...and they are paying the expenses. Haven't made a presentation in 2 yrs. Hope I still remember how to put an audience to sleep.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by mike gurnee View post
    Going to AZ in early April. AZ St. asked me to help at a conference in Tempe. Never been there...and they are paying the expenses. Haven't made a presentation in 2 yrs. Hope I still remember how to put an audience to sleep.
    Tempe in April will be nice! Brocktoon, Boiker, and Rygor are out there too!

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I think the same thing. I have kids so it seems like it would take a lot to get me to go back to the drawing board...

I was just talking about this with the wife last night while we watched Millionaire Matchmaker... I think I would be pretty good at dating, but I don't remember if I was good or not back in the day...

Registered
    May 2005
    I think I might finally get around to buying wifey some flowers today.

But first I have a 9 AM meeting and a 10 AM conference call. On a Friday????

Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    I think the same thing. I have kids so it seems like it would take a lot to get me to go back to the drawing board...

I was just talking about this with the wife last night while we watched Millionaire Matchmaker... I think I would be pretty good at dating, but I don't remember if I was good or not back in the day...
    My best friend (divorced from my sister, with three kids) is moving in with his new girlfriend who also has three kids. He doesn't have sole custody, but they've already heard the Brady Bunch jokes multiple times from me.

I worry about how his quick relationship with this woman (who is great in all respects) will impact my nephews and niece.

But then again, I moved in with my now wife 2 months after we started dating.

If me and wifey split up, there is no way in hell I would pursue a long-term relationship. If it happened, it happened. But I wouldn't pursue it.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    As my Pappy always told me: "Marriage is like a game of cards. You start off with two hearts and a diamond. But some days you are just hoping for a club and a spade."
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Closed thread
Page 94 of 482 FirstFirst ... 84 93 94 95 104 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 11
    Last post: 16 Oct 2012, 7:10 PM
  2. Replies: 5003
    Last post: 31 Dec 2009, 3:08 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM