Urban planning community

Closed thread
Page 95 of 482 FirstFirst ... 85 94 95 96 105 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,375 of 12050

Thread: Random Thoughts Deserving No Thread of Their Own 8 (2013)

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by otterpop View post
    As my Pappy always told me: "Marriage is like a game of cards. You start off with two hearts and a diamond. But some days you are just hoping for a club and a spade."
    That sounds like a Maverick quote

If we were to split up I suspect I would probably find myself in a LTR at some point. How long after the split would be the question.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Last night's dream involved me dating and having to choose between two men who were interested in me. I woke up exhausted from trying to figure out the better choice.

It also involved me having driving over a long elevated highway over water in AZ, having to swim out of a metal cage (kinda like a shark cage) that fell into the water, and winning 2k on a scratch off ticket that I then had to share with an ex-boyfriend who gave me the scratch off.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally posted by dandy_warhol View post
    Last night's dream involved me dating and having to choose between two men who were interested in me. I woke up exhausted from trying to figure out the better choice.

It also involved me having driving over a long elevated highway over water in AZ, having to swim out of a metal cage (kinda like a shark cage) that fell into the water, and winning 2k on a scratch off ticket that I then had to share with an ex-boyfriend who gave me the scratch off.
    Did you only have one rose?
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand

I want what you're taking.

My dream last night included a pier that the planning dept. had to build a railing. It turned out to be craftsman style woodwork and very elaborate.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Tide View post
    Did you only have one rose?
    No roses but the choice was between a super-hottie and less attractive but nicer guy. I was leaning towards the nicer guy but lord, the other guy was hawt!

Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    I want what you're taking.

My dream last night included a pier that the planning dept. had to build a railing. It turned out to be craftsman style woodwork and very elaborate.
    So far the best part of pregnancy has been the dreams! I can't wait to fall asleep each night to see where my mind is going to take me!
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Exhausted? Must have been quite some 'test drive', huh?
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Exhausted? Must have been quite some 'test drive', huh?
    I was hoping that would happen but no. The exhaustion was emotional from trying to overcome my shallow ways!

Just found out my Planner's wife is 14w pregnant.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    No roses but the choice was between a super-hottie and less attractive but nicer guy. I was leaning towards the nicer guy but lord, the other guy was hawt!
    Between Maister and I? So who did you pick?
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Compared to this guy you cant even complain about having a $hitty day.

Man rescued after falling into 8-foot-deep pit of hog manure
    http://www.14news.com/story/21307006...n-posey-county
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    You're not that much nicer than me you know.....

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    I think if Hubby and I were ever to split up then I would remain single. I don't think I have the energy to date. (Unless the guy found attractive no make-up, jammie bottoms and sweatshirts.)
    Hey, at this point in my life, just so long as she has a current driver's license and her own car, I think she is hot!
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    May 2005
    Wait a damn minute. I need to get in on this. I need a one-on-one date like on the Bachelorette!!!!
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Oct 2001
    If we were to split up I suspect I would probably find myself in a LTR at some point. How long after the split would be the question.
    I think I'd reach back to my college years and **** anything that moves. Hell, I'd walk in the room and the goldfish would quit swimming...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    the choice was a less attractive but nicer guy. I was leaning towards the nicer guy
    Was he older too ?
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    Feb 2004
    manure....sewer...raconteur....

Registered
    Jul 2006
    manure....sewer...raconteur....
    crap...trap...snap...
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand

Just found out my Planner's wife is 14w pregnant.

Prego buddies now.

Your poor planner. He will get the rath of hormones & emotional twists both at home and at work.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Feb 2005
    I am single again, been on my own since last summer after 12 years of marriage, we were fresh out of college when we got married. While the whole divorce thing has ended up as well as it could (he’s not a d-bag, just has made a lot of immature mistakes over the years that have led to way too much baggage between us), I haven’t wanted to give up my precious free time to dating yet. It is sooo nice to sit and read a book or watch whatever the heck I want to watch, and not have to clean up after someone else.

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Last night I was working on the census and had to register a guy named Ahiahihiahhihihi. Where's TS when I need her?

Registered
    May 2004
    Hahaha! I printed out a letter I was writing to someone and while proof-reading it I found that I had added an extra O to PO Box. Heeheee
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    Wait a damn minute. I need to get in on this. I need a one-on-one date like on the Bachelorette!!!!
    Or Millionaire Matchmaker. I have been forced to watch this show this year... pretty funny how douchy these guys can be...

I on the other hand, would NEVER do that... GIVE ME A ROSE!
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    May 2005
    Or Millionaire Matchmaker. I have been forced to watch this show this year... pretty funny how douchy these guys can be...

I on the other hand, would NEVER do that... GIVE ME A ROSE!
    I've caught a few episodes of that show. You can easily tell why those guys are single. If they have money and still can't find someone, they must be real winners.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    I've caught a few episodes of that show. You can easily tell why those guys are single. If they have money and still can't find someone, they must be real winners.
    I've seen the show a few times and it is really interesting how shallow some of these people are. There will be a 58 yo creepy, lifted, hairy dude who only wants to date 20-25 yos who are models. Yeah, that's going to work out.

For now the only rose I have is for my Hubby. /corny Now if I can work any of you guys into my dreams I'll let you know!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by terraplnr View post
    I am single again, been on my own since last summer after 12 years of marriage, we were fresh out of college when we got married. While the whole divorce thing has ended up as well as it could (he’s not a d-bag, just has made a lot of immature mistakes over the years that have led to way too much baggage between us), I haven’t wanted to give up my precious free time to dating yet. It is sooo nice to sit and read a book or watch whatever the heck I want to watch, and not have to clean up after someone else.
    This is where I am, after 19 years of marriage and 6 years separated before divorce was finalized. There are some things I miss, but for now, they're not worth sacrificing my solitude. Maybe I'll want to date after my youngest is out of high school, maybe I won't.

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Mastiff View post
    Hell, I'd walk in the room and the goldfish would quit swimming...
    I'm almost afraid to ask what this means.
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Closed thread
Page 95 of 482 FirstFirst ... 85 94 95 96 105 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 11
    Last post: 16 Oct 2012, 7:10 PM
  2. Replies: 5003
    Last post: 31 Dec 2009, 3:08 PM
  3. Replies: 4084
    Last post: 31 Dec 2008, 11:43 PM
  4. Replies: 4811
    Last post: 01 Jan 2008, 6:05 AM
  5. Replies: 13141