Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hink goes to NYC

The Rainbow Room atop Rockefeller Center is quite good and actually fairly reasonable $-wise. (It's been a long while since I've been there admittedly.)
    On pitching to Stan Musial:
    "Once he timed your fastball, your infielders were in jeopardy."
    Warren Spahn

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    Anyone been to an expensive (Top 10 type) restaurant? Any suggestions? We are looking to go big one night... wd-50 or Gotham Bar & Grill? I am willing to pay a lot, but I wouldn't consider Masa ($300+ per person!!)

My list to consider:

- Gotham Bar & Grill
    - Daniel
    - Eleven Madison Park
    - Grammercy Tavern
    - Blue Hill
    - Telepan
    - wd-50
    - Keens Steakhouse

Any I should add to the consideration. I am going to list them in order, and then try to get reservations... and check off each one down the list as I get denied...
    My vote would be Le Bernadin. I've never been but if I were going to spend there would be a Michelin star (or 3!) involved.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Newsflash! This just in. Roberta's Pizzeria in Brooklyn draws rave reviews for it's wait staff.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Anyone been to an expensive (Top 10 type) restaurant? Any suggestions? We are looking to go big one night... wd-50 or Gotham Bar & Grill? I am willing to pay a lot, but I wouldn't consider Masa ($300+ per person!!)

My list to consider:

- Gotham Bar & Grill
    - Daniel
    - Eleven Madison Park
    - Grammercy Tavern
    - Blue Hill
    - Telepan
    - wd-50
    - Keens Steakhouse

Any I should add to the consideration. I am going to list them in order, and then try to get reservations... and check off each one down the list as I get denied...
    My two picks off the list are Blue Hill (I've been to the one in NYC and the one at Stone Barns) and wd-50 (while the tasting menus are more costly, if you don't mind sitting in the bar you can get a better deal and mix and match between the two tasting menus). I have to take RT with me to these types of restaurants because my other half always complains that he is still hungry when he leaves.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by kjel View post
    My two picks off the list are Blue Hill (I've been to the one in NYC and the one at Stone Barns) and wd-50 (while the tasting menus are more costly, if you don't mind sitting in the bar you can get a better deal and mix and match between the two tasting menus). I have to take RT with me to these types of restaurants because my other half always complains that he is still hungry when he leaves.
    Yea I am a little worried about the portion sizes. I figure we will go to a bar afterwards and eat junk and drink beer.... so that should count for something.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

I've been to Daniel and Babbo. Both are great and worth the price. I've wanted to go to Per Se but we can never get reservations. The portions are filling, despite what you may have heard

Lincoln at Lincoln Center is great too, tho a step down from the list you made.

To afford any of em, try having a meal at one of the dollar a slice pizza places on Sixth Avenue. Yum.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Yea I am a little worried about the portion sizes. I figure we will go to a bar afterwards and eat junk and drink beer.... so that should count for something.
    That's always a good plan
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. Hink is going to SF and Napa
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 14
    Last post: 16 Jan 2014, 9:30 AM
  2. Let's all clubbbbbbbbe the Hink!
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 17
    Last post: 15 Aug 2013, 4:05 PM
  3. The Inquisition: Hink