Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 College Football Thread

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Blide View post
    Shaq got a master's degree from University of Phoenix. He would have been a great asset to their basketball team.
    He still has a year of eligibility.
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Blide View post
    Shaq got a master's degree from University of Phoenix. He would have been a great asset to their basketball team.
    Larry Fitzgerald could play football as well.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Tide View post
    He still has a year of eligibility.
    He should use it in DII. He would still be able to dominate.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jan 2005
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...76--ncaaf.html

Planit, what happens if Mushcamp is found guilty? Trouble for the Gators? I doubt anything will come of it (and there won't be sanctions for Florida), but as someone who has had to go through a coaching change and sanctions, it isn't fun. Here's to hoping that it was just Chizek and the idiot Auburn Administration...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    May 2005
    College football is a farce. I'm just about ready to be done, unless a major shakeup occurs.

I'm wondering if the Ed Obannon lawsuit against the NCAA will be the catalyst for a shakeup.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-...76--ncaaf.html

Planit, what happens if Mushcamp is found guilty? Trouble for the Gators? I doubt anything will come of it (and there won't be sanctions for Florida), but as someone who has had to go through a coaching change and sanctions, it isn't fun. Here's to hoping that it was just Chizek and the idiot Auburn Administration...
    I heard something about this briefly on espn - can't access your story on work computer - but from what I heard its all hearsay on the asst. coaches. Muschamp (Coach Boom) has been in 2 or 3 other programs since that time as well. From what I here in the SEC region, Auburn was trying to go all out and do anything to knock 'Bama dominance down.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Jan 2005
    What do you guys think of Brady Hoke's comment about ND chickening out on their rivalry with Michigan?
    http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...0201/305140442

Notre Dame joining the ACC doesn't make much sense, but then again not much makes sense in college football nowadays.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by hilldweller View post
    What do you guys think of Brady Hoke's comment about ND chickening out on their rivalry with Michigan?
    http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...0201/305140442

Notre Dame joining the ACC doesn't make much sense, but then again not much makes sense in college football nowadays.
    I have many comments, but I will leave them alone. I think he is just trying to amp up his team. I think ND realizes that Hoke will most likely be getting fired about the time they stop playing each other... that is what 5-7 teams get you at Michigan.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I think the ND made the right move in going to the ACC over the Big 10 though. Other than OSU (which will be perennially great under Meyer) the rest of the conference is a dumpster fire.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I think the ND made the right move in going to the ACC over the Big 10 though. Other than OSU (which will be perennially great under Meyer) the rest of the conference is a dumpster fire.
    Although I support your thought, the Big10 is going to be fine. Michigan will be okay, Wisconsin will most likely end up okay after they figure out the coaching change, Michigan State should be alright, Penn State will be good again, and Nebraska should be above average. I still don't understand why the Big10 is taking Maryland and Rutgers (from a purely sports side), but who knows.

Registered
    May 2005
    Based on this observation, then every school (minus maybe 3-4 programs) not in the SEC is a dumpster fire.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    Based on this observation, then every school (minus maybe 3-4 programs) not in the SEC is a dumpster fire.
    They would still hammer the lower-tier teams in the Big 10 though.

Registered
    Jan 2005

Registered
    May 2005
    Another reason to hate this university.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    That was shameful, I agree.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    That was shameful, I agree.
    I don't have a problem with it. Go Blue!

Oh, but everyone else's school sucks and should be banned from the world.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Apr 2006
    That preformance would have earned him a free tattoo and college credit at tOSU.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Meh, just an attention-whoring kid.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Bubba View post
    Meh, just an attention-whoring kid.
    Yeah, to be fair, all these top recruits are like this nowadays. Everyone around them is telling them how great they are so I guess this kind of shameless chest-bumping should be expected.

How did Michigan get the #2 recruit in the country? I thought these kids only went to SEC schools.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Yeah, to be fair, all these top recruits are like this nowadays. Everyone around them is telling them how great they are so I guess this kind of shameless chest-bumping should be expected.

How did Michigan get the #2 recruit in the country? I thought these kids only went to SEC schools.
    Maybe he wants to get an education?
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    Maybe he wants to get an education?
    Only a Michigan fan would be delusional enough to say this.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand

He might have thought Michigan was an SEC school. I don't think he's a scholar by any stretch of the imagination.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    He might have thought Michigan was an SEC school. I don't think he's a scholar by any stretch of the imagination.
    He is a poet. I am sure he is going to Michigan to get his degree in Women's Studies.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    He is a poet. I am sure he is going to Michigan to get his degree in Women's Studies.
    Do they offer a major in Ebonics?

Registered
    Jan 2005
    http://bigstory.ap.org/article/apnew...dame-catholics

I love Ohio State.... but Gee is an idiot.

+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. 2010 College Football Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 455
    Last post: 14 Apr 2011, 4:00 PM
  2. 2009 College Football Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 244
    Last post: 12 Jan 2010, 9:17 AM
  3. 2008 College Football Thread