Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Pauline Botchko: social worker

Registered
    Dec 2008

Pauline Botchko: social worker

Saturday night when I got home with my wife from dinner, my children as a joke had made a dummy sitting on the couch with a list of complaints from Child Services. "No shishkabobs, frosting should be pink, not enough pictures of your gorgeous children...etc."

Her name is - I am told - Pauline Botchko and she apparently talks with a strange sort of Germanic/Arabic mixed accent when she yells at me about how my children are "RUNNING AMOK!"

I just thought you should all know that my weirdness is genetically inheritable, obviously.

"...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    Saturday night when I got home with my wife from dinner, my children as a joke had made a dummy sitting on the couch with a list of complaints from Child Services. "No shishkabobs, frosting should be pink, not enough pictures of your gorgeous children...etc."

Her name is - I am told - Pauline Botchko and she apparently talks with a strange sort of Germanic/Arabic mixed accent when she yells at me about how my children are "RUNNING AMOK!"

I just thought you should all know that my weirdness is genetically inheritable, obviously.

Would you mind enrolling your children in Cyburbia?
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    Feb 2007

Ummm.. stick with family fun night
    follow me on the twitter @rcplans

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Moderator note:
    split from RTDNTOTO8

Quote Originally posted by ofos View post
    What he said.

Ursus, your kids should get some kind of award! Even if we have to create it on the spot!
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Why is her head so much smaller than her legs and body? I do enjoy her scarf though. Do you just have spare mannequin parts hanging around the house?
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    Why is her head so much smaller than her legs and body? I do enjoy her scarf though. Do you just have spare mannequin parts hanging around the house?
    We have some dummy heads because...well because we just do. Except for the scarf and sweater she's dressed in my clothes! On Sunday night they put her in my bed while I was out for a minute. Scared the hell out of me. You'd think I'd be used to it.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    May 2005
    Just want to say, I find that awesome! Those are some clever kids - they'd be welcome at our house anytime. Though I fear the critical of mass with my own young'uns might implode the universe into a black hole of irreverent humor and sarcastic wit.
    The purpose of life is a life of purpose

Registered
    May 2004
    She's kind of cute.
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Ursus's threads about his children and their shenanigans make a strong argument for having more than one.

On a related note, I had a friend whom, along with his siblings, would always loudly complain to their mom about stuff like the food, chores, and curfews and threaten to call child services on her. She decided to call their bluff and put the number on all their speed dial options to make it easier for them.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Jan 2009
    They can always come over to my house. The frosting is pink, but I don't think I have enough pictures to satisfy them.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    I wonder what a Cyburbian run school would be like. Ursus's kids could be our first test subjects, errr students.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Jun 2004
    I love it... Just when I think my kids are weird special as I was asked "how did dinosaurs mate?" this weekend.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    She reminds me of the shrunken head guy in the afterlife waiting room in Beetlejuice, or one of the Wide Ends from Saturday Night Live. I can't decide.

Your kids inherited your wit and zany-ness, ursus. I'll be there's never a dull moment at your place.

Registered
    May 2005
    I want to punch her in the face.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    I want to punch her in the face.
    She does look smug and punch-able, doesn't she? You should have to listen to her critique your parenting....

Registered
    Jul 2009

]
    Congratulations!
    -------
    Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

Registered
    Feb 2005
    I can't see her on my work computer but I'm picturing Frau Farbissina from Austin Powers. She sounds like a memory they'll be talking about over the holidays 20 years from now, good stuff!

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Your kids are awesome ursus!
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Jul 2006
    I really hope that's the case. I can accept it from nature, but I shudder to think that children's minds could be warped that badly by nurture.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Ursus needs to write a parenting book. If my kids ended-up with that kind of sense of humor & creativity, I'd be elated.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Jul 2009
    I really hope that's the case. I can accept it from nature, but I shudder to think that children's minds could be warped that badly by nurture.
    I grew up to George Carlin and Cheech y Chong and Black Sabbath. It is possible. ;o)
    -------
    Give a man a gun, and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by Suburb Repairman View post
    Ursus needs to write a parenting book. If my kids ended-up with that kind of sense of humor & creativity, I'd be elated.
    If I ever do, you can rest assured it will be under the pen name "Pauline Botchko".

Registered
    Dec 2008

It's Dan's fault, I learned how to make a meme

I don't know how to make the link to the meme itself post, though. (embarrassing)

Last edited by ursus; 15 May 2013 at 12:38 PM.

Registered
    Mar 2004

WOW

Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    She's kind of cute.
    How you can fly under the radar is WAY beyond me.......

She does seem to have a rack on her doesn't she?
    Skilled Adoxographer

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 82
    Last post: 17 May 2013, 9:18 AM
  2. Parking Construction worker parking
    Land Use and Zoning
    Replies: 4
    Last post: 13 Jun 2005, 7:33 AM
  3. US guest worker proposal
    Make No Small Plans
    Replies: 1