Urban planning community

Closed thread

Thread: Hi from DC

Registered
    Jan 2013

Hi from DC

Hello Everyone!!
    Glad to have stumbled upon this great forum while researching "What to consider when building a Mall?".
    I am 24 years old with a dream of developing a shopping mall. As you can see from my age I cannot have enough experience to do so but what the hell, I am trying my best. hopefully in a decade I would have done it.
    Background: Economics BA, Quantitative Finance MS

Registered
    Mar 2004
    I suggest that you contact a kid in San Louis Obispo and do everything the opposite. (Did I spell Louis right? Dammed my franco-american homeland!)
    We hope for better things; it will arise from the ashes - Fr Gabriel Richard 1805

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Welcome from the Great State of Ohio! Although I think your dream to be unreasonable, I support the exuberance in which you seem to have about it. Good luck!
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Apr 2006
    Greetings from the Valley of the Sun. I was once a resident of the District of Taxation Without Representation.
    "If you don't like change, you're going to like irrelevance even less" General Eric Shinseki

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Welcome from SW PA!

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Hello, from Dallas, TX!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

NIMBY asshatterer Plus Richmond Jake's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by LouisinDC View post
    Hello Everyone!!
    Glad to have stumbled upon this great forum while researching "What to consider when building a Mall?".
    I am 24 years old with a dream of developing a shopping mall. As you can see from my age I cannot have enough experience to do so but what the hell, I am trying my best. hopefully in a decade I would have done it.
    Background: Economics BA, Quantitative Finance MS
    Welcome from the Florida panhandle. Zoning Goddess and I visited DC and environs last April and had a wonderful time.

Quote Originally posted by DetroitPlanner View post
    ...... San Louis Obispo and do everything the opposite. (Did I spell Louis right? .......
    San Luis Obispo.

Closed thread