Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Urban Planning Post-Bac Programs?

Registered
    Jan 2013

Urban Planning Post-Bac Programs?

Hello everyone!

I'm interested in an urban planning post-bac program for a few reasons, the main one being that I do not have the requisite portfolio or letters of rec necessary for graduate program admissions. Currently I live in a small town where planning internships and volunteer experience are difficult to come by, so I'm looking for ways to introduce myself to the field while gaining some relevant experience.

I really like the idea of Berkeley's [in]city summer program, does anybody know of similar programs? Thanks!

Registered
    Apr 2014
    Hi Conrad! I was looking all around the web for an answer to exactly the same question. ..and I came across this post! Were you able to find anything? Would love to hear more about it!

Registered
    Jan 2013
    I know of programs in my area (Western Canada.. probably won't work for you) that are 2 years long, and are really focused on giving the students hands on experience, rather than teaching theory. These are offered at the local colleges. I would check those out in the area that you want to study. That said, college name "brands" aren't very important in Canada, I don't know how important it will be where you want to work.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 0
    Last post: 09 Apr 2011, 8:03 AM
  2. Replies: 1
    Last post: 24 Mar 2011, 4:38 PM
  3. Replies: 6
    Last post: 28 Sep 2010, 11:34 AM
  4. Replies: 2
    Last post: 25 Apr 2004, 8:13 PM
  5. Replies: 7
    Last post: 22 Aug 2001, 7:19 PM