Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: NYC HHC Hiring Process?

Registered
    Jan 2013

NYC HHC Hiring Process?

I was interview for a position at HHC in August and was told that I was being consider for the position. I was inform that the process is very long and the start date will begin after the holidays. Well, it is actually after the holidays now and i have not heard anything from the department. I email and left messages for the HR coordinator but no reply. I really want to start this job but no one is replying to me. Did anyone experience this before they were hire for a City job?????

Registered
    Oct 2009
    I is quite possible that they are waiting on OMB to approve their budget and move ahead with your hire. They may be the recipients of a run-around and thus keep you waiting.

Registered
    Jan 2013
    Hi imagineverything,

Thanks for the info. I actually was inform from an employee at the department that she is still waiting on new info from the human resource department. This hiring process is so stressful and laborious. I'm still looking for another job because I don't want to keep my eggs in one basket but the economy is so bad. I'm hoping and praying everyday that they will call me.
    Have you ever experience going through a long process to start a city agency job?????

Tstallion

Registered
    Oct 2009
    I am currently in the same boat with DCP, I have been sitting tight waiting for about a month now. Initial process started in early December. I agree - every other job I have had made a decision (from application to start) of less than 3 weeks.

I interviewed for a position with an HHC hospital on January 28th with executive mgmt of the hospital and was told by the COO that she would love for me to interview for another position. I interviewed for the other position a week later on february 8th. I feel it went well. The associate executive director was filling out HR documents during the interview and stated that he would work with me in regards to already planned time off. On February 14th I received an e-mail from the associate executive director asking for the phone numbers of two references. On February 18th both of my references were called in which one of them is my current boss. My boss told me that she said great things about me. On March 4th I e-mailed the associate exec director about the hiring process and he never replied. Does anyone know how long the hiring process actually takes for the HHC?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2006
    Yeah, OMB approval can take forever.

What you should also know is that the agencies frequently have to fight with OMB to actually make hires, even when they have already posted openings and selected people for those positions. I know it's not very reassuring, but it's not uncommon to wait months for OMB approval. But you absolutely should keep looking. OMB may deny approval for the hire, and who knows, you may find a better job while you're waiting!

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Anyone know the hiring process of NYC DEP
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 2
    Last post: 06 Mar 2014, 7:35 PM
  2. The interview/hiring process
    Replies: 7
    Last post: 04 Oct 2013, 12:59 PM
  3. Anyone familiar with NYC DOT hiring process?
    Replies: 20
    Last post: 09 Mar 2013, 5:59 PM
  4. Busch is Hiring
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 03 Oct 2004, 12:00 AM
  5. one factor in hiring?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 23
    Last post: 30 Mar 2004, 9:59 AM