Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: MIT notification (of submitting application)

Registered
    Jan 2013

MIT notification (of submitting application)

I was just browsing some threads from last year and saw a note about an email that MIT applicants (for the MCRP) got after they submitted their application confirming their application, their status, etc. I haven't gotten any such email and was worried that something might be wrong. Did others get an email?

When I log into the application site (the https://gradapply.mit.edu/dusp site) it does say that I've submitted my application, but I thought I'd check.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Oct 2007
    Quote Originally posted by tanpard View post
    I was just browsing some threads from last year and saw a note about an email that MIT applicants (for the MCRP) got after they submitted their application confirming their application, their status, etc. I haven't gotten any such email and was worried that something might be wrong. Did others get an email?

When I log into the application site (the https://gradapply.mit.edu/dusp site) it does say that I've submitted my application, but I thought I'd check.
    This was years and years ago for me, but I seem to recollect that they eventually emailed a link to a DUSP-specific website that showed your status.. including whether or not all documents and recommendation letters had been received. You could choose to check it obsessively if you so desired. Somebody I know pointed out that there was a gaping security hole in their app that let you check on anybody else's status as well or even download a full list of applicants and their status, but they quickly closed it..hehe.

Registered
    Jan 2013
    Also just read that and frantically checked email for any such notification (coincidence that we both looked today?). I am guessing (hoping) that they didn't send those out this year. Gradapply site says application submitted so with luck we're OK!

Until mid-late March, the waiting game...

Registered
    Jan 2013

Application Submission Email

Quote Originally posted by tanpard View post

I had the same concern re: my Ph.D. application but have since spoken to one of the administrators who confirmed that my application was received and that there is no confirmation email to worry about.

Registered
    Jan 2013
    Thanks all! Glad to hear I wasn't taken out of the running from the start

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 7
    Last post: 26 Mar 2010, 1:18 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last post: 18 Aug 2008, 10:01 PM
  3. Tips on submitting a writing sample
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 4