Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Snapshot 9/28/15

Registered
    Feb 2004

Snapshot 9/28/15

What is the worst food choice you made this past weekend?

Pork tetrazini made with real butter, sour cream, and parmesan cheese (incidently, this was not a particularly bad food choice for me as these things go)
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 2007
    I actually didn't eat too poorly this weekend but I'd say that it was probably the bowl of ice cream I had while I watched the Lions lose right before going to bed last night.
    "Where free unions and collective bargaining are forbidden, freedom is lost." - 1980 Republican presidential candidate Ronald Reagan

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    The 2nd helping of potato casserole (but damn it was good)
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Jan 2009
    health wise: bowl of fried ice cream (I did share with the kids - actually they devoured half of it - no whip cream or cherry for daddy)

taste wise: flavored marshmallows - it's just wrong.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Healthwise: Bacon Jam. Damn that stuff is good.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Health wise it was the 2 Oreo donuts from the apple farm.

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Come to think of it, I also consumed the lion's share of a 2 liter of grape Crush this weekend too.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jun 2011
    Saturday night, after a substantial liquid dinner, I decided that wasn't enough. Instead of making an actual meal, I opted to make a huge bowl of buffalo chicken dip instead. Obviously unhealthy, but so delicious.

Registered
    May 2005
    Blog entries
    Probably eating a BBQ bacon cheddar burger at Hooters with cheese fries and three Jack & Diets close to 9pm on Sunday night. The timing of the meal and size of the meal (given the time of day) was what probably made it the poorest decision IMO. Probably also a poor decision since I had a burger on Saturday night as well, thus having another one a second day in a row was just overkill. Oh well, it was good. I enjoyed it.
    "Life's a journey, not a destination"
    -Steven Tyler

Just my usual-cookie. However, Saturday is the local Oktoberfest, brats, German potato salad, cookies and strudel,
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    It wasn't the worst food choice for me, but for the rest of my family. I decided to make chicken pot pie, which neither my wife and my son were happy about. I love it. My wife ate a little - putting it over her salad My son opted for the leftover enchilades I made the day before. Me, I had two big helpings and have enough leftover for a couple lunches. So, you know, screw them!
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    I had nothing but fast food this weekend, so my worst food choice was all of them.

Registered
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally posted by otterpop View post
    It wasn't the worst food choice for me, but for the rest of my family. I decided to make chicken pot pie, which neither my wife and my son were happy about. I love it. My wife ate a little - putting it over her salad My son opted for the leftover enchilades I made the day before. Me, I had two big helpings and have enough leftover for a couple lunches. So, you know, screw them!
    I bought two of the Marie Callender's frozen pot pies just because of that whole pot pie thing the other day.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Health-wise I was better than usual this weekend - no fast food, no dessert, and limited alcohol intake.

But I have to admit, the sauce I made for the chicken last night was not tasty. Maybe that's why I had plenty of leftovers . . .
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I had deep dish pizza Friday. Well have of an eight inch one.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    I actually did pretty good this past week. I had a very small piece of chocolate cake yesterday.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. 9/23/15 Snapshot
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 15
    Last post: 24 Sep 2015, 10:08 AM
  2. Snapshot 12/1/14
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 17
    Last post: 02 Dec 2014, 4:11 PM
  3. Snapshot 11/26/14
    Friday Afternoon Club