Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Shocking News!!!! (don't open this thread if you have a heart condition)

Registered
    Feb 2004

Shocking News!!!! (don't open this thread if you have a heart condition)

Brace yourself, and make sure you're sitting down. Sitting now? Is there someone nearby who could call 911 if they had to? Good. There's no real way to make this news less jarring so I'll just go right ahead and tell you straight up what the news is and you'll have to absorb the news as best you're able to in your own way. Again, I apologize for shock. Please understand my intent is to inform not to alter your worldviews.....

Participating on a reality tv show is not a particularly good way to find Lasting and True Love.
    There you have it.
    I think everyone will understand if this thread doesn't draw a lot of responses, as I suspect most people will either respond with denial or spiral downwards into an emotional morass.
    Last edited by Maister; 08 Feb 2013 at 1:33 PM.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I don't believe it. If it worked for the Brady Bunch I think it will work for everyone...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jan 2009
    Don't you know you find everlasting love in the bar like I did.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Cyburbian Plus Whose Yur Planner's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    I don't believe it. If it worked for the Brady Bunch I think it will work for everyone...
    Next thing you'll tell me is the that Honeymooners was real either. Slightly OT, this is why the only "reality" shows I watch tend to involve an actual skill-Chopped, Top Chief and Face/Off. They may amp up the drama, there is an actual skill or talent involved.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    May 2005
    I watch both The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. Well, maybe my wife watches them, and I just go along for the ride.

Do I think true love will be found? Absolutely not. But it's good TV watchin' and usually with some hot women, at least on The Bachelor.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    I'm not so sure. Kim Kardasian found true love of herself and now we all have to suffer.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    I'm not so sure. Kim Kardasian found true love of herself and now we all have to suffer.
    What is your definition of true love? I mean she was made famous for having sex on camera, got married to a different dude on TV, then got impregnated by Kanye West. That is three strikes in my book. No one will ever truly love her.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    I love Farm Kings. It could be equal documentary/reality. Someone should come up with a catchy blended word for that.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by kms View post
    I love Farm Kings. It could be equal documentary/reality. Someone should come up with a catchy blended word for that.
    Realumentary tv?
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Ree-al-u-mentary or real-u-mentary? I prefer the first.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    What is your definition of true love? I mean she was made famous for having sex on camera, got married to a different dude on TV, then got impregnated by Kanye West. That is three strikes in my book. No one will ever truly love her.
    She is her own true love.
    She;s in true love with herself.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    She is her own true love.
    She;s in true love with herself.
    Point to you good sir. She is VERY in love with herself...

Registered
    May 2005
    Point to you good sir. She is VERY in love with herself...
    There's quite a bit of her to love.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by btrage View post
    There's quite a bit of her to love.
    In only one region. She is 5'1" I believe....

Registered
    May 2005
    In only one region. She is 5'1" I believe....
    She's kinda stacked up top as well.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. The NEVERENDING Odd News Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 577
    Last post: 24 Dec 2014, 10:17 AM
  2. The NEVERENDING Old News Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 7
    Last post: 18 Jan 2014, 6:03 PM
  3. Replies: 12
    Last post: 04 Sep 2009, 8:25 PM