Urban planning community

Poll results: Which do you prefer? (Fantasy Football)

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • One League (8/10/12 teams) / Cyburbia Draft / Free

0 0%
  • One League (8/10/12 teams) / Cyburbia Draft / $ to play

2 20.00%
  • One League (8/10/12 teams) / Live Draft / Free

0 0%
  • One League (8/10/12 teams) / Live Draft / $ to play

1 10.00%
  • Two Leagues - Hardcore & Regular (8/10 teams each) / Cyburbia Draft / Free

0 0%
  • Two Leagues - Hardcore & Regular (8/10 teams each) / Cyburbia Draft / $ to play

2 20.00%
  • Two Leagues - Hardcore & Regular (8/10 teams each) / Live Draft / Free

0 0%
  • Two Leagues - Hardcore & Regular (8/10 teams each) / Live Draft / $ to play

1 10.00%
  • Two Leagues - East vs. West (8/10 teams each) / Cyburbia Draft / Free

2 20.00%
  • Two Leagues - East vs. West (8/10 teams each) / Cyburbia Draft / $ to play

2 20.00%
  • Two Leagues - East vs. West (8/10 teams each) / Live Draft / Free

0 0%
  • Two Leagues - East vs. West (8/10 teams each) / Live Draft / $ to play

0 0%
+ Reply to thread

Thread: 2013 Football Polls - League Type, Size, Cost?

Registered
    Jan 2005

2013 Football Polls - League Type, Size, Cost?

Please see the poll.

There are three questions really:
    1. One league or Two
    2. Cyburbia posting or Live Draft
    3. Should it cost money

Please choose which you support.

We will deal with exactly how many teams and keepers after we determine the type of league...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Cyburbias Brewpub, best seat in the haus!
    I voted for the Two Leagues - East vs. West (8/10 teams each) / Cyburbia Draft / $10 to play

but

I am also good with the $10 ----> Two Leagues - East vs. West (8/10 teams each) / Cyburbia Draft / $10 to play
    I can't deliver UTOPIA, but I can create a HELL for you to LIVE in :)DoD:(

Registered
    Feb 2007
    I have done really shitty the last few season but i still like to play. I will actually try this year . I voted for east v west. I would be down to pay.
    follow me on the twitter @rcplans

Registered
    Oct 2005
    I'm in either way.

$10-$25 seems fair. Maybe Hardcore league of top players from last year who want to play again. That's the pay league. Then there's the rest being free?

I completely agree though, that teams need to be split east v west to make drafting go smoother. Nothing like waiting for Raf to draft all morning when you're next
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    May 2013
    Now you have my interest in this forum more

Registered
    Feb 2003

One league with three four-team divisions (12 total teams)

I hope we do one league with 12 teams. Let's avoid the Week 17 on-paper Cyburbia Bowl. The CFFL Bowl should be held in Week 16 to avoid the lame resting-player issue (although the NFL has mitigated this some by scheduling in-division games in the last few weeks).

I think three four-team divisions make it more interesting. With 12 teams there would be three division winners and three wild cards. Playoffs in weeks 15 & 16 (top two seeds get a much-deserved bye).

I think we have about 12 solid teams at this point. From last year's South Division we have:
    Duany Bees
    Argos
    Plankton
    NIMBYS
    Who Dat
    Iowegians

I think straightcashhomie (Raf) and Wilmywood (Jeffrey) threw in the towel mid-season or so (forgive me if I'm wrong on this).

I figure the North Division has a similar number of longtime reliable competitive teams.

I suggest that we get the core 12 teams identified soon. If it turns out we have room to add a new team or two, great, let's bring them on. If we have more than 12 returning solid teams and enough interest to expand the league to 16 teams then I propose one league with four divisions. This has always been a deep league and with four IDP's, it makes this league unique. Not to mention our crazy Viking draft! I figure if we're going to add some ca$h to the deal, let's make the league challenging. I like the idea of one keeper but since $ would be involved having a clean slate each year works, too. Draft should be serpentine.

Let's get some rivalries going with divisions! I need to beat up on my Oregon counterpart more than just once per season! (very nice work on teh mtn bike trails btw!)

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Cyburbias Brewpub, best seat in the haus!
    I am ok with like $10 for a team.

Maybe go with an ESPN or an NFL FFL?

16 teams is to limiting for the talent out there.

Go 2, eight team conferences with 2 devisions each.

Or we could go to 10 teams per conference and let new blood in.

Whoever handles the North, I am IN this year!
    I can't deliver UTOPIA, but I can create a HELL for you to LIVE in :)DoD:(

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally posted by plankton View post
    I think straightcashhomie (Raf) and Wilmywood (Jeffrey) threw in the towel mid-season or so (forgive me if I'm wrong on this).
    Hey, bite me, I played the season out. I had multiple injuries and couldn't make the W's happen, but unlike others in both leagues I made my roster changes, trade proposals, and waiver picks but to no avail.
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I don't think we are going to keep those that play every year from being involved. If we require money, everyone will play the season out.

I like the idea of 16 teams - 8 East, 8 West. If we had to we could do 10 each Conference. We could break those into sub-divisions as well of 4x4 or 5x5.

I like live draft, but it does allow more trash talking if we do it on Cyburbia.

I would guess Giff will take the West and I take the East. I know ESPN allows for the breaking up of divisions, but I don't know if they allow for full rosters for each division.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    I would guess Giff will take the West and I take the East. I know ESPN allows for the breaking up of divisions, but I don't know if they allow for full rosters for each division.

Lots providers will let you have divisions but none I could find would let you use two different player pools, so the 16 team issue remains.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by plankton View post

Yea I threw in the towel when i went away for 2 weekends strait and just didn't have the time. I would like to get some local competition going. Now Tide has me fuming about the whole 3 hour draft wait thing . If tbagato is down we can totally make this a 101 freeway match (or whatever freeway connects us )
    follow me on the twitter @rcplans

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Raf View post
    Yea I threw in the towel when i went away for 2 weekends strait and just didn't have the time. I would like to get some local competition going. Now Tide has me fuming about the whole 3 hour draft wait thing . If tbagato is down we can totally make this a 101 freeway match (or whatever freeway connects us )
    Hey now... I'm just off 101, too!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Tide View post
    Hey, bite me, I played the season out. I had multiple injuries and couldn't make the W's happen, but unlike others in both leagues I made my roster changes, trade proposals, and waiver picks but to no avail.
    Consider yourself bitten. Sorry!!

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Well it seems we have a pretty even crowd.... I will create a new poll with less options.

We need consensus or at least close before Aug 1.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 38
    Last post: 23 Aug 2013, 3:43 PM
  2. 2008 National Football League Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 12
    Last post: 20 Jan 2009, 11:44 AM
  3. Replies: 77
    Last post: 30 Dec 2002, 11:15 AM
  4. Replies: 3
    Last post: 14 Oct 2002, 1:57 PM