+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Teh mid-life crisis thread

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Not even funny in my fair city
    Quote Originally posted by Brocktoon View post
    This has too be super creepy...so creepy that if you saw it parked at a playground you would immediately call the police creepy.
    This was in the news -
    a male who attempted to lure three girls into his vehicle as they were walking to class that morning.
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by Zoning Goddess View post
    iMen are so pathetic at mid-life crises. The question is not "Do women find me desirable?" It's "Do I think women find me desirable?" You just delude yourself, like RJ's boss. Then you go out and make an ass out of yourself.
    How true. They make an ass of themselves, and leave a swath of hurt people behind them.

Maister, in my experience, you're a few years tardy to a mid-life crisis. Go for the red sports car.

Registered
    Jun 2009
    Maybe I jumped the gun already on the midlife crisis thing. I own a two seater sports car and am marrying a woman 9+ years my junior. I'm only 35. To me it's all mindset and I still feel like I'm 25. The only difference is now I'm better dressed and better with money!
    "When life gives you lemons, just say 'No thanks'." - Henry Rollins

Registered
    May 2004
    I would say that men having mid-life crisises are pretty predictable. Women having mid-life crises are often dangerous and psychotic.
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Does spending your money to attend the APA National Conference count ?
    Oddball
    Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves?
    Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
    Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change?
    From Kelly's Heroes (1970)

Are you sure you're not hurt ?
    No. Just some parts wake up faster than others.
    Broke parts take a little longer, though.
    From Electric Horseman (1979)

Registered
    May 2005
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    Does spending your money to attend the APA National Conference count ?
    Depends. Are you gonna get crazy like in Cedar Rapids? If not, then no.
    "I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany"

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    I would say that men having mid-life crisises are pretty predictable. Women having mid-life crises are often dangerous and psychotic.
    As soon as I figured out that my irrational behavior was part of my mid-life crisis I put a stop to it. I was ready to take the kids and leave my husband. He, on the other hand, rode the wave of his mid-life crisis, and the results are the same. So, did I make a wise decision? I'll never know.

Registered
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally posted by Rygor View post
    Maybe I jumped the gun already on the midlife crisis thing. I own a two seater sports car and am marrying a woman 9+ years my junior. I'm only 35. To me it's all mindset and I still feel like I'm 25. The only difference is now I'm better dressed and better with money!
    Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    Quote Originally posted by kms View post
    As soon as I figured out that my irrational behavior was part of my mid-life crisis I put a stop to it. I was ready to take the kids and leave my husband. He, on the other hand, rode the wave of his mid-life crisis, and the results are the same. So, did I make a wise decision? I'll never know.
    People assumed that I was having a midlife crisis when I got divorced and ended up marrying a younger woman. The truth of the matter was that my ex was having the crisis and I got an upgrade out of it.. Thirty plus years later, I'm still happily married and the ex is a double-ex and bitter woman with a second failed marriage.
    “Death comes when memories of the past exceed the vision for the future.”

Registered
    May 2005
    My mid-life crisis manifested itself in a few ways:

Career: I was feeling very down and out about growth prospects in my previous career and so made the difficult decision to return to school and get a Masters in Planning. What an idiot! Just kidding, I like where it has taken me. But that student loan debt – oy!

Physical: While my interest in attractive women has not waned (at least as far as admiration), as a married man in his 40s, I am well aware that I don’t even show up on the radar as potentially desirable for most ladies, so I got over that one pretty quickly. I did, however, get concerned about my health and the shlubbiness that had parked itself around my middle. I will admit that a good deal of my motivation was to look attractive to my partner. Oh yeah, and my health. I kept thinking about Kevin Spacey’s character in American Beauty (speaking of mid-life crises) who approaches the gay couple in his neighborhood for workout pointers. They ask him what he wants to work on and he answers “I just want to look good naked!” So, that…

My wife is in the throes now, so its my turn to be supportive. Good times ahead!
    The purpose of life is a life of purpose

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. The 'It's a Wonderful Life' Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 28
    Last post: 07 Dec 2012, 10:41 PM
  2. Teh Meaning of Life Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 45
    Last post: 14 Oct 2011, 5:59 PM