+ Reply to thread
Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 37 46 47 48 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,175 of 1378

Thread: Five Things Friday

Registered
    Feb 2004
    1. Maybe going to Cleveland next week. It's looking that way
    2. Kevin Spacey. I used to think highly of him. Now, not so much
    3. I think Mrs. Maister realizes I've been placed under greater than usual stress lately, as she hasn't complained about me taking more 'me time' at home recently. Usually she's trying to drive up my productivity.
    4. Speaking of productivity it occurs to me I should get the winter windows up on the three season porch this weekend
    5. I've had a somewhat annoying earworm going on in my head for the past three days https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FkExjeUSCcQ
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    2. Kevin Spacey. I used to think highly of him. Now, not so much
    Please, for the sake of all that's good in this world, do not be a secret creep, Tom Hanks.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Every day is today. Yesterday is a myth and tomorrow an illusion.

You know...for kids.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    1. Working HS concession tonight at football game for band boosters - I get to cook french fries.
    2. Ignoring people doesn't make them go away.
    3. It's always fun to head over to PW about 2:30 when the division heads are coming in to do paperwork (& they think you need them to do something).
    4. Quote from CM - "sorry if it looks like I'm micro-managing, but I just wanted to make sure."
    5. The dog likes to stand in the piles of leaves as I rake.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    2. Kevin Spacey. I used to think highly of him. Now, not so much]
    So did I. Now I refuse to watch a TV show I was looking forward to because he's such a sleeze
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally posted by mendelman View post
    Please, for the sake of all that's good in this world, do not be a secret creep, Tom Hanks.
    Not Tom Hanks, but Dustin Hoffman. https://www.theguardian.com/film/201...rassment-claim

I can never watch Hook again in good consciousness! And it's such a great movie...

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.
    1) These connection issues is making slacking quite a bit harder. It is almost like work… which defeats the purpose.
    2) I have been dealing with some health issues lately that I am not thrilled with. But I have 4 doctors’ appointments scheduled over the next 6 months to hopefully address everything. Hopefully....
    3) The wife and I signed up for a Tough Mudder next year. It will be awesome because it will be my 3rd and her 1st. We are not going to the Midwest this time but will do a local one.
    4) I did not watch the Wings game last night but based on what I hear, it was a great fight. I am going to try to find video and watch it today.
    5) Why is it that some women can wear a white blouse, a pencil skirt, and serious high heals all day, almost every day, but other women can’t wear a simple dress and medium size heals for more than a couple hours a few times a year?
    If you want different results in your life, you need to do different things than you have done in the past. Change is that simple.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    1) Had a phone interview with the press this morning. Gotta love the advanced notice (about 30 minutes).

2) No set plans for the weekend, but a movie may be involved.

3) I have a night meeting next week. On Weds.

4) Not traveling for the holiday. Quiet day at home planned.

5) What's up with the crazy weather patterns? It's late spring here right now, temperature wise, and the weatherman said shorts and flipflops for Turkey day!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2013
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    1)
    5) Why is it that some women can wear a white blouse, a pencil skirt, and serious high heals all day, almost every day, but other women can’t wear a simple dress and medium size heals for more than a couple hours a few times a year?
    I don't know how any woman wears high heels all day. They kill my feet. My theory is that they just have a really high pain tolerance. But I also have some foot issues, so that contributes to my discomfort in heels. Even if I'm just wearing moderate heels, I will almost always just bring them with me and put them on when I need to for specific purposes. Just not worth the pain.

1. I rescheduled a session with my personal trainer for tonight after a long week. I will appreciate having done it when it's over, but man I'm exhausted.
    2. My secretary is buying a house today. I'm excited for her, but it also means I have to work all day after having two late nights in a row. Normally, I'd take the afternoon off.
    3. We have a contentious pipeline that we have to have some variance hearings for. I think we're about to sign a contract with an engineering firm to provide the technical reviews. I'm not looking forward to the hearings.
    4. I used to think I would enjoy into county administration. I now realize that my anxiety is too high to be able to handle that well.
    5. Now that all the leaves have fallen off the trees, the hiking trails should be less crowded. I may try to embark on a nice, long hike tomorrow.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    1. Within the first hour of work this morning I heard "F***ing Relators" come from the office next door.
    2. Mrs. P & I get to have a date night tonight!
    3. There's been a unsettling visitor at our church this week and police have looked into the individual. Several red flags show up. It's sad to think we need a policeman at worship services.
    4. The local BBQ joint will smoke turkeys for customers this weekend & I wanted to get one. Mrs. P said we weren't in charge of the turkey this year so that's a no-go.
    5. Are those Yeti coolers really worth the price?!!??!?!
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

1. T-5 days and counting
    2. Laid back weekend planned
    3. Last one for month and a half
    4. Tis the season for potlucks
    5. Been doing a lot more reading lately

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Quote Originally posted by gtpeach View post
    I don't know how any woman wears high heels all day. They kill my feet. My theory is that they just have a really high pain tolerance. But I also have some foot issues, so that contributes to my discomfort in heels. Even if I'm just wearing moderate heels, I will almost always just bring them with me and put them on when I need to for specific purposes. Just not worth the pain.
    If a person has foot or back issues, that is 100% understandable. It is the same if a person is on their feet all day. For example, my wife works as an OR room nurse and she is physically standing or walking for almost all of her shift, with the exception of lunch. I also am impressed that there are salespeople who are on their feet quite a bit that can pull it off.

But I have also seen people who have desk jobs the majority of it, and it is too much work for them to put on anything nicer than yoga pants, a sweater, and slip-on flats.
    If you want different results in your life, you need to do different things than you have done in the past. Change is that simple.

Registered
    Aug 2003
    We had our annual employee appreciation day luncheon today. The food was very good.
    I was recognized for 25 or more (actually 29) years of service. I'm the third-most senior person among our total ~350 employees.
    Both of my staff won door prizes - $25 gift cards to local establishments. I'm happy for them.
    A storm is forecast to come through tomorrow. I hope it does and brings down a ton of the pin oak leaves still on my neighbor's tree. Blowing them out of my yard would be especially appreciated.
    I'm headed to a giant, massive, monstrously big ethical headache sometime early next year. I hate having clouds like that hang over me. Particularly during the holidays.
    The old women used to say you could tell the next day’s weather, by whether you could hear the highway or the railroad at night. I recall that they were right more often than not.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    1. They find those clothes uncomfortable.
    2. They don’t think they look good in a pencil skirt.
    3. It’s late in the week and the pencil skirt is in the laundry.
    4. Those shoes hurt their feet.
    5. They bought the clothes they can afford.
    5.1. Or they’re slobs. But that’s their business.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    1. I have court later this morning
    2. I don't know why kms' post struck me as the opening line of the next Great American Novel, but there you have it.
    3. Started to take down Thanksgiving decorations last night
    4. Plan to put up a Christmas tree tonight
    5. I spent $169 repairing the exhaust yesterday. I guess it could be worse.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2013
    1. I'm thinking about joining the gym near work and going over my lunch breaks.
    2. I want to get my car detailed. It's expensive, but I think I would feel so much better.
    3. I accidentally sprayed one of our new Board members with windshield cleaning fluid when I drove them up to a meeting earlier this week. It was funny, but probably not the best impression to make on the new boss.
    4. I'm leaving work early today. Woohoo!
    5. I'm debating whether putting Christmas lights up would make people more interested in buying my house over the holidays.

1. I finally put Jazz Christmas on Pandora.
    2. My church's Christmas show is this weekend
    3. Which means I'm working it tonight, tomorrow and Sunday
    4. Bob Hope's signature song "Thanks for the Memories: is a really bitter sweet song
    5. Youtube has a video of the movie where it is sung. It's a really good video.

Registered
    May 2002
    1. Somehow I got roped into giving a lunchtime talk today to a group of transportation engineers. Ugh.
    2. Some really (potentially) great college football games this weekend.
    3. I'm feeling an incredible amount of general uneasiness and angst in my life. Just a culmination of things I guess. It will pass.
    4. I'm looking forward to Secret Santa.
    5. Someone deserves thanks for straightening out the issues on the site. Dan I assume?
    He's a planner, he's a dreamer, he's a sordid little schemer,
    Seems to think that money grows on trees . . .

Registered
    Aug 2004
    1) Lots going on today. When did Friday turn into Meeting Day?

2) Need more coffee. Want more sleep.

3) Our Council agenda program does not allow images to be put directly into the system. If you have a table in your staff report, you have to re-create it in the system - it won't copy and paste tables. I'm confused as to why we even put staff reports directly in the system - since it's such a basic program, why don't we just attach the staff report to the item? That way tables, images, and other formatted items will still be visible.

4) Front office/counter staff rearranged furniture while I was in an off-site meeting. Really threw me for a loop when I came back. Have to admit - the space flows better and the arrangement works.

5) Not much planned this weekend. But watch out next weekend!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Mar 2005
    1. A friend of mine went to Ecuador and gave me several coins he brought back.
    2. Had a meeting at PW this morning, but I'm glad I wasn't in the supervisors meeting - it did not look fun/nice.
    3. Employees Holiday Lunch is in an hour. I hope its not green iridescent ham again this year.
    4. We'll be 'installing' Christmas at our house this weekend.
    5. The annual council workshop is set for the end of January...for 4 days!

Registered
    Apr 2003
    1) Too much stuff going on right now and i will be working this weekend.
    2) More often than not, customer service is greatly lacking here in the south, unless it is a locally owned small business. But even then there are situations when I really question if a particular person should be in that business.
    3) Gilbert v Reed is still a pain in the neck.
    4) I think that Trump will be impeached before the end of 2018.
    5) I seriously question the integrity of some of these corporations like NPR, NBC, The Federal Government, that harbor and protect predators.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    1. I took my car to the shop to have the tires rotated, and it turns out I need new tires. Of course, the couldn’t install tires at this appointment.
    2. I took my Mom Christmas shopping, and finished her list.
    3. I’ve been eating at restaurants too often.
    4. Work has been sad and stressful this week.
    5. I used the five second rule a couple of minutes ago.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    1. Will be driving home from the All-County Band concert tonight...in the snow.
    2. Proposing a school / city joint project, but the teacher I need to work with won't return emails.
    3. Soccer might be fun tomorrow...if we practice depending on the amount of snow.
    4. Was at a greenway conference yesterday and I did not win the bike they were raffling off.
    5. Both the Manchester Derby and the Merseyside Derby are this weekend. Big stuff that!

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    1. Green Acres makes me laugh.
    2. I’m burning vacation days and not enjoying them. I’m taking 1 week per quarter next year.
    3. It’s Cookie Tour night in my town.
    4. I’ve never made a gingerbread house.
    5. My Christmas shopping is about finished.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    1) Given the weather, I don't think we will be going into downtown tonight.
    2) The plans to build my boat are $200. I am surprised that I cannot find them anywhere for free. But then again, this build is going to be the most expensive woodworking project that I have ever started.
    3) I think that I am going to get my wife a smart watch for Christmas. That way she will know if I text her since she never has her ringer on.
    4) I have too much comp time built up. But things are crazy here right now. At this rate, I might take July off. It would be nice if I could get paid for it.
    5) I am in the mood for Beer and Pizza

Registered
    Feb 2004
    1. Vacation starts next week.
    2. Hard to believe Christmas is only a week and a half away
    3. I had a chocolate covered chocolate donut this morning
    4. I did not enjoy it as much as I thought I would
    5. Will today be a long day? Magic 8 ball says "definitely"

+ Reply to thread
Page 47 of 56 FirstFirst ... 37 46 47 48 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. You know it is Friday when...
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 20
    Last post: 08 Apr 2016, 4:12 PM
  2. It's Friday!!
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 31
    Last post: 17 Jul 2015, 11:20 AM
  3. Replies: 1