+ Reply to thread
Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 40 49 50 51 ... LastLast
Results 1,226 to 1,250 of 1323

Thread: Five Things Friday

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by michaelskis View post
    4) Tomorrow is pinewood derby and I am already planning out my car for next year. *yes, I said my car*
    1. Us too
    2. Weigh-in tonight
    3. Need to dry lube a couple wheels before we leave for the night
    4. One of my sons went with this meta car design
    5. I'll be 40 years old in 23 days
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Every day is today. Yesterday is a myth and tomorrow an illusion.

You know...for kids.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    1. There should be a Pinewood Derby for the parents to (legitimately) compete.
    2. I left my wallet at home, ate my lunch for breakfast and am eating pretzels and bagel cream cheese for lunch.
    3. The office is peaceful, yet hectic, today.
    4. I'm going to the Donora Smog Museum tomorrow. Those of you with environmental degrees may know about the deadly Donora smog of 1949.
    5. I've been trying my best not to pick a battle where someone has challenged me several times. Someone pushed too far, and is in the early stages of my wrath. She gets to decide how far this goes.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    1. At least we had 4 bidders show up to the pre-bid this morning. I hope they all bid.
    2. Finance didn't want to play nice again yesterday. Basically told me to F.O. when I had a question. Came in all smiles this morning offering doughnuts.
    3. Looks like rain again this weekend. Now things are blooming.
    4. AG - don't do those illegal things.
    5. I hear you
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    1. Worked from Panera for two hours this morning.
    2. Went to a regional community development association meeting at a banquet hall, there may have been some day drinking involved.
    3. The regional HUD director was there and she sat with me, I am happy she remembers my name.
    4. Came to the office and spent an hour in a meeting.
    5. Which left me with about 30 minutes of actual work to do.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Feb 2004
    1. Cool, the server doesn't seem to be busy this morning
    2. I like how it's light in the morning when I drive into work
    3. I have a slow leak in the rear driver side tire
    4. We have been doing well at keeping to our pre-planned household dinner menu for the past week
    5. Having a preplanned menu is a good way to budget and also reduce food waste.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

1. Nice to be back on the site
    2. Like Maister said, a lot of server is busy messages
    3. Very busy week this week
    4. Was pondering the irony of listening to Mr. Roboto on my iPhone
    5. Song seems quaint now
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Finished the first full week at the new gig.
    Why is HOME so different than CDBG?
    The weather sucks, can we have sun and 60 degrees already?
    RT is going to a conference in Denver next week and I am jealous.
    The office is quiet today.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Mar 2013
    1. My secretary is back after being unexpectedly out for 2.5 weeks after her dad died. I'm so thankful to have her back, and also so sad for her. She called me when she found out he went into cardiac arrest. She said yesterday she just didn't know who else to call since normally it would be her dad. It's been an honor to be able to support her through this.
    2. My GSD wouldn't poop this morning because she got freaked out by the wind.
    3. I have my second date-ish activity tonight with the cute guy from church!
    4. I'm finally starting to get settled into the new house. Finally hung up some shelves in the laundry room and put some pictures on the wall.
    5. I'm officially on an Amazon hiatus. I have ordered SO MUCH stuff from them over the last month. I think I have all the essentials and need to catch back up financially before I purchase anything else.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    1) This has been a killer week. Food poisoning to start, 3 night meetings, and just general fatigue.

2) Mandatory all Director meeting Monday morning, and I have to read something first. I know what I'll be doing this weekend!

3) Mom's stay in the hospital extended through the weekend. She thinks it's overkill but the rest of us would rather be sure she's actually ready to leave.

4) Dog is acting more and more like she's in charge. This is what happens when Hubby doesn't enforce his alpha status.

5) Is it naptime yet?
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Mar 2005
    1. Have I complained about Finance lately? Another week, another piece of crap.
    2. A co-worker got cornered at an art exhibit for 30 minutes by someone complaining about downtown parking. She got there late and therefore didn't get to see the exhibit.
    3. Had a big breakfast this morning (which is not usual) and didn't eat lunch. I'm still full.
    4. Golfing tomorrow afternoon for the 1st time since November. Should be fun(ny).
    5. Mrs. P thought she got the flu. Went to Urgent care and they said it was just a good cold. There's no such thing as a "good" cold.
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    May 2002
    1. I don't care what the weather is, in my mind March is the turning point for winter.
    2. I don't think I've mentioned before I've been playing pickleball for about a year now. I'm totally addicted.
    3. Losing another planner due to our lack of being competitive with our pay.
    4. That's 4 in 26 months.
    5. Probably booking a long weekend trip to the Keys in April. Will include a ride up to Miami to see Jimmy Buffett and The Eagles.
    He's a planner, he's a dreamer, he's a sordid little schemer,
    Seems to think that money grows on trees . . .

1. Today is my dad's birthday
    2. He's 78 now.
    3. Dave Matthew's Crash into Me is a great song.
    4. As long as you don't dwell too much on the lyrics
    5. The cold snap has been nice this week.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    1. I am over winter.
    2. I am over being sick, it's been a long season of repeat colds and stomach bugs.
    3. I am glad that my work life balance is headed in the direction it should be after working the past year in NYC.
    4. RT comes home from Denver tomorrow.
    5. The clocks spring forward Sunday at 2am.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    1. I'm actually in the office today - I believe this is the fourth time this has happened on a Friday in the almost ten years I have been with this firm.
    2. Headed out Los Angeles on Sunday for work, the start of a huge-ish travel push for the next three months.
    3. Looking at Los Angeles, Boston, Arizona, Los Angeles (again), San Diego, and Miami in that time frame.
    4. Probably shouldn't complain, though, considering what a couple of our junior staff are looking at for travel.
    5. Had to play peacemaker between the cats this morning - the youngest can be an absolute agitator...
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Mar 2005
    1. It was cold and windy yesterday evening & even saw some flurries.
    2. Duke v Carolina 3.0 is tonight - well that's of huge interest around these parts.
    3. I'm going to a beer pre-release gathering tonight instead.
    4. Budgets are due today. I don't think we'll get hit too bad, but I did include an easy target for admin to hit.
    5. The spring and summer calendar have filled up completely it seems.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    1) Well, at least the applicant showed up for their meeting today. Can't say the same for City Staff . . .

2) New washer coming tomorrow. Finally!

3) Really need to get my car cleaned, inside and out.

4) I foresee a nap tomorrow. Maybe Sunday too!

5) I've ordered a new book - it's supposed to arrive today!!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    4. Budgets are due today. I don't think we'll get hit too bad, but I did include an easy target for admin to hit.
    That's actually a smart move. Give 'em nice big bullseye to hit (that you don't particularly care about)
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    May 2006
    Millennial fragility friday:

1. I need to sell my Mercedes. Its becoming too much having to DAILY it since I totaled the Volvo. it was never intended for that, It was supposed to be my project that I would make road worthy over 4 months for Euromeet in Ithaca in May. NYSDMV is scheduled to issue my title in two weeks, they take up to 90 days to do so from initial registration. It cant come soon enough, I need to get rid of this hunk o junk ASAP.
    2. I got another Volvo to be my daily. A really clean 1992 244 sedan with 140k actual original miles! Its a 5 speed manual and was a Virginia car most of its life. Catch is, I got it from a normal person who didnt really understand what they had and how to care for it. Seller mis-signed the title and now I have to wait until the replacement comes to register it. Its being stored with my Greek Car Wizard's shop until than so its fine but still FML.
    3. Its been a really rough time acclimating to the new job and area, Im almost ready to throw in the towel tbh and move back home. Im not doing so hot mental health wise.
    4. I need to finish my MUP, i've had my priorities mixed up the past two years. Now that Canada adventure is sorted out, I need to finish what I started.
    5. I feel anchorless and hollow but I've been through worse.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    1. Love is a rose but you better not pick it 'cause it only grows when it's on the vine. Handful of thorns and you'll know that you missed it, lose your love when you say the word 'mine'
    2. I'm kind of indifferent about jigsaw puzzles as a form of entertainment.
    3. I'm a game person. I like games
    4. Looking forward to the temps getting warmer so I can get more outdoor grilling accomplished
    5. I wonder when music from the 1980s is going to start to sound quaint?

1. Got my first pair hiking shoes in a long time.
    2. I can't wear tennis shoes in a regular basis any more.
    3. Hikers look marginally less dorky with shorts than my work shoes
    4. Looks like St. Paddy's day will be rained out here
    5. Outside of U2 and the Cranberries, Irish culture is still lost one me.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    1. Contemplating a move to Canada.
    2. I think Halifax could work.
    3. Back injuries suck major donkey balls.
    4. Tuxedo kitty is sitting on my lap.
    5. <insert funny meme about everyone's a little irish on st. patrick's day except the scottish. we're still scottish /meme>
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    1. Had to do a quick down & back to the big city this morning. Glad I don't do that everyday anymore.
    2. The bracket is already busted beyond recognition.
    3. I've been outvoted by the 2 women that reside in my house for my idea for plans tomorrow.
    4. "If you can't park in front of the door of the business in downtown, there's a parking problem" - No there's a walking problem.
    5. I wish I could say - when you complained there were no businesses open in downtown, there was no parking problem.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    1. We're quickly realizing my predecessor's filing system was of the mental variety....all in her head.
    2. Today was payday twice over because my previous gig still paid me for two weeks after I actually left.
    3. I am happy to have gained access to my Trello account thanks to the fine folks at the help desk who seemed very interested in it.
    4. Going to see the CPA tomorrow. Please pray for my bank account.
    5. Sunday Funday...removing baseboard and shoe moldings, laminate floors, and a closet system at RT's house.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    1. Had sriracha carrot hummus at lunch.
    2. Having Ethiopian food for dinner tomorrow.
    3. I wish I had a personal physical therapist/massage therapist.
    4. Rumor has it there may be some warm temperatures in the not-so-distant future.
    5. MyFitnessPal's algorithms are wonky.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    1. Had to present at yesterday morning's big chamber event. There were ongoing technological problems due to the event center's "expertise"
    2. The pain meds the vet gave the dog are freaking him out. We only give him a half dose but I'll break them in quarters
    3. A good friend is contemplating a change of work venues. She's been at the same place for well over 25 years and said she was done
    4. I feel like I've been hemorrhaging money this week outside of normal spending practices
    5. I'm hearing a lot of talk about new projects and buildings, but only a couple have popped. I'm almost afraid the rest will come at one time.

+ Reply to thread
Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ... 40 49 50 51 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. You know it is Friday when...
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 20
    Last post: 08 Apr 2016, 4:12 PM
  2. It's Friday!!
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 31
    Last post: 17 Jul 2015, 11:20 AM
  3. Replies: 1