+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Payment for league

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    Just some more thoughts
    Oh wait so beating everyone in total points scored is a fluke then, I see
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Jun 2011
    Hmmm.....

Looks like someone is 8-1 now. GO TEAM BIAKABATUKA!

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by AG74683 View post
    Hmmm.....

Looks like someone is 8-1 now. GO TEAM BIAKABATUKA!

Still in first place though....
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

FYI

So....in my other league......I was leading by 0.23 points going into the LAST play of the last game Sunday night......with the last player active P. Manning......came in......took a knee to win the game.......I ended up losing the game because he took a knee.....lost by 0.02 points! LOL
    “The way of acquiescence leads to moral and spiritual suicide. The way of violence leads to bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers. But, the way of non-violence leads to redemption and the creation of the beloved community.”
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    - See more at: http://www.thekingcenter.org/king-ph....r7W02j3S.dpuf

Registered
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally posted by The One View post
    So....in my other league......I was leading by 0.23 points going into the LAST play of the last game Sunday night......with the last player active P. Manning......came in......took a knee to win the game.......I ended up losing the game because he took a knee.....lost by 0.02 points! LOL
    OUCH!

In my other league, I started the season 0-4. Finished up at 6-7 and still managed to make the playoff bracket and win $25.00 minimum. Lost the final regular season game by 10 points. Miami's D didn't work out too well last night. I play against the 11-2 monster team in the league, however one of his 2 losses was to me so that's a decent sign I suppose.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2009
    My best league is the negative league I run. 12-2 with #1 playoff seeding this coming week. Hoping good things in the first round of playoffs next week, I'll be starting Drew Stanton against the Rams, and Ryan Tannehill against the Patriots. (Although I started Josh McCown who got me a good 48 points this week, and the Sanchize with a respectable 20 points, their matchups this week aren't as favorable.) The Jaguars and Vikings head coaches I'll start this week should both hopefully lose against the Ravens and the Lions. I was only good this year at being bad.

Registered
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally posted by UrbaneSprawler View post
    My best league is the negative league I run. 12-2 with #1 playoff seeding this coming week. Hoping good things in the first round of playoffs next week, I'll be starting Drew Stanton against the Rams, and Ryan Tannehill against the Patriots. (Although I started Josh McCown who got me a good 48 points this week, and the Sanchize with a respectable 20 points, their matchups this week aren't as favorable.) The Jaguars and Vikings head coaches I'll start this week should both hopefully lose against the Ravens and the Lions. I was only good this year at being bad.
    Okay...this sounds awesome. I've never heard of a negative league before. I assume someone can't just play a team of all free agents? Because some leagues actually still have Jamarcus Russell in there...

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally posted by AG74683 View post
    Okay...this sounds awesome. I've never heard of a negative league before. I assume someone can't just play a team of all free agents? Because some leagues actually still have Jamarcus Russell in there...
    If we played free agents, there wouldn't be points to be scored. We play 2 QB's, 2 Def, and 2 Head Coaches as our starting lineup and utilize traditionally negative points and make them a positive. So, for QB's for instance: +1 for each incompletion, +3 for getting sacked, +5 for each interception thrown, +3 for each fumble lost. Plus any fumble or INT returned for a TD (Pick 6) is a 15 point bonus. Head Coaches only get points if they lose and get more points for the higher margin of defeat (up to 30). Blake Bortles and Ryan Tannehill scored the highest this week so far at 45 and 42 points a piece.

I'm behind Dan in the Cyburbia playoffs, but starting Cutler. I'm winning in our negative league playoff but the other guy has Cutler. Go Jay!

Registered
    Jul 1998
    If we played free agents, there wouldn't be points to be scored. We play 2 QB's, 2 Def, and 2 Head Coaches as our starting lineup and utilize traditionally negative points and make them a positive. So, for QB's for instance: +1 for each incompletion, +3 for getting sacked, +5 for each interception thrown, +3 for each fumble lost. Plus any fumble or INT returned for a TD (Pick 6) is a 15 point bonus. Head Coaches only get points if they lose and get more points for the higher margin of defeat (up to 30). Blake Bortles and Ryan Tannehill scored the highest this week so far at 45 and 42 points a piece.

I'm behind Dan in the Cyburbia playoffs, but starting Cutler. I'm winning in our negative league playoff but the other guy has Cutler. Go Jay!
    As fate would have it I have both Cutler and Graham in my money league. I'm down 75 points and my opponent has Bennett left. If Cutler and Graham go mediocre, I could lose both games. I think I'm toast.....
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally posted by giff57 View post
    As fate would have it I have both Cutler and Graham in my money league. I'm down 75 points and my opponent has Bennett left. If Cutler and Graham go mediocre, I could lose both games. I think I'm toast.....
    Congrats on this league at least.

I should amend an earlier post. In our negative league, the high scorer of the week was Jay Cutler with 48 points. My 11-2 regular season record was no match going up against Cutler in the first round. There's always next year.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Congrats on this league at least.

I should amend an earlier post. In our negative league, the high scorer of the week was Jay Cutler with 48 points. My 11-2 regular season record was no match going up against Cutler in the first round. There's always next year.
    We pay to third place so I still have a chance to cash in. I'm playing for free because I hit one of the high score payouts this season. Cutler won a few games for me early but lately he's stunk things up.
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Hey.....

NO keepers next year.....if you can pick my pocket this year and take Manning away......we draft again next year.......oh and from the bottom up this time
    “The way of acquiescence leads to moral and spiritual suicide. The way of violence leads to bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers. But, the way of non-violence leads to redemption and the creation of the beloved community.”

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by The One View post
    NO keepers next year.....if you can pick my pocket this year and take Manning away......we draft again next year.......oh and from the bottom up this time
    You can have Manning next year. He has been worthless the last two games.... I am going to guess that he will follow that into next year...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Hmmm......

Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    You can have Manning next year. He has been worthless the last two games.... I am going to guess that he will follow that into next year...
    Oh yeah......after he, Brady and Brees leave the game......it will be parity city at that position anyway......(Luck being the only real standout)

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Since there isn't a trash talk 2014 I'll throw this in here. What an underwhelming championship game we have going here, everyone else in the consolation round could have won this week in the championship bracket.
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by Tide View post
    Since there isn't a trash talk 2014 I'll throw this in here. What an underwhelming championship game we have going here, everyone else in the consolation round could have won this week in the championship bracket.
    The last few weeks have been rather meh, seems like all the big names decided to mail in it.
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 29
    Last post: 03 Aug 2011, 4:46 PM
  2. Down payment assistance programs
    Economic and Community Development
    Replies: 5
    Last post: 27 Jun 2007, 4:57 PM
  3. Parking Payment in lieu of parking
    Land Use and Zoning