Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 26 to 50 of 50

Thread: Draft and Draft Order

  1. #26
    Gunfighter Mastiff's avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Middle of a Dusty Street
    Posts
    6,497
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    I apologize, as I had a meeting last night. I picked early this morning, but that doesn't help Mastiff out yesterday....
    I got who I was targeting. It's just been getting sloooooow.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

  2. #27
    Gunfighter Mastiff's avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Middle of a Dusty Street
    Posts
    6,497
    Not through 7 rounds in 10 days?

    I say move it up to an hour between picks next round or we'll never get done. People need to start leaving picks if they aren't going to be around, or go viking faster. This is just crazy...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

  3. #28
    Corn Burning Fool giff57's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 1998
    Location
    On the Mother River
    Posts
    4,828
    Quote Originally posted by Mastiff View post
    Not through 7 rounds in 10 days?

    I say move it up to an hour between picks next round or we'll never get done. People need to start leaving picks if they aren't going to be around, or go viking faster. This is just crazy...
    I agree, you think it would get faster as the rosters fill up.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

  4. #29
    Gunfighter Mastiff's avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Middle of a Dusty Street
    Posts
    6,497
    Quote Originally posted by giff57 View post
    I agree, you think it would get faster as the rosters fill up.
    Next round it should go to an hour...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

  5. #30
    Corn Burning Fool giff57's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 1998
    Location
    On the Mother River
    Posts
    4,828
    Quote Originally posted by Mastiff View post
    Next round it should go to an hour...
    I was going to do it this round but got busy and forgot....
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

  6. #31
    Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SoDoSoPa, Colorado
    Posts
    435
    Just curious on thoughts of how this is going to work at this point. With the first game less than a week away, the pace we're at, and Monday being a holiday, I don't know how we'll finish up on time. Should everyone be drafting at this point to at least fill up starting positions (kickers and defensive players?)

  7. #32
    Corn Burning Fool giff57's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 1998
    Location
    On the Mother River
    Posts
    4,828
    Quote Originally posted by UrbaneSprawler View post
    Just curious on thoughts of how this is going to work at this point. With the first game less than a week away, the pace we're at, and Monday being a holiday, I don't know how we'll finish up on time. Should everyone be drafting at this point to at least fill up starting positions (kickers and defensive players?)
    Everyone should have been drafting for the last couple of weeks.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

  8. #33
    Gunfighter Mastiff's avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Middle of a Dusty Street
    Posts
    6,497
    Quote Originally posted by giff57 View post
    Everyone should have been drafting for the last couple of weeks.
    Go to 1/2 hour Tuesday & Wed. Once Wed @ 5 PST, lock it up, put the players chosen on the teams, and once it's input, open the waiver wire... nothing else you can do. Unless we go to 15 minute Vikings.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

  9. #34
    OH....IO Hink's avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hang on Sloopy...land
    Posts
    13,521
    Quote Originally posted by Mastiff View post
    Go to 1/2 hour Tuesday & Wed. Once Wed @ 5 PST, lock it up, put the players chosen on the teams, and once it's input, open the waiver wire... nothing else you can do. Unless we go to 15 minute Vikings.
    I agree. We do a sprint to the finish on Tuesday and Wednesday. I would argue that there isn't much value left on the offensive side anyways...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

  10. #35
    Corn Burning Fool giff57's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 1998
    Location
    On the Mother River
    Posts
    4,828
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    I agree. We do a sprint to the finish on Tuesday and Wednesday. I would argue that there isn't much value left on the offensive side anyways...
    Works for me. Folks could also make some picks over the weekend even though the clock is off.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

  11. #36
    Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2009
    Location
    SoDoSoPa, Colorado
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    I agree. We do a sprint to the finish on Tuesday and Wednesday.
    Given that the Ravens vs. Broncos isn't until 6:30PM MST on Thursday, isn't there an ability to get a couple of rounds in Thursday as well? I realize manually loading rosters takes time, managing a couple of leagues myself, but could there be a cut-off time in which players drafted on Thursday could be loaded onto rosters? Also, does the system allow that if we declare on here any Ravens or Broncos prior to the Thursday night game, that we can then continue to draft players up to Sunday kickoff if we haven't completed the draft and the starters can then be manually entered with the rosters?

    Just wondering if we might have a little more time than Wednesday to finish this, since the draft's been bogged down. Certainly appreciate the work of giff57 and Hink and managing this!

  12. #37
    Corn Burning Fool giff57's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 1998
    Location
    On the Mother River
    Posts
    4,828
    Quote Originally posted by UrbaneSprawler View post
    Given that the Ravens vs. Broncos isn't until 6:30PM MST on Thursday, isn't there an ability to get a couple of rounds in Thursday as well? I realize manually loading rosters takes time, managing a couple of leagues myself, but could there be a cut-off time in which players drafted on Thursday could be loaded onto rosters? Also, does the system allow that if we declare on here any Ravens or Broncos prior to the Thursday night game, that we can then continue to draft players up to Sunday kickoff if we haven't completed the draft and the starters can then be manually entered with the rosters?

    Just wondering if we might have a little more time than Wednesday to finish this, since the draft's been bogged down. Certainly appreciate the work of giff57 and Hink and managing this!
    That would be fine as long as we dont have hanging Viking picks. I am entering players as we finish rounds, so if we have a bunch of unfinished rounds its a problem. Also If I mess up in entering teams it would be nice to have a little time to straighten that out before game time.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

  13. #38
    OH....IO Hink's avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hang on Sloopy...land
    Posts
    13,521
    I say we finish at 5pm today then open up to waivers tonight and tomorrow morning....

    Let's try and get as many done as possible today.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

  14. #39
    Corn Burning Fool giff57's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 1998
    Location
    On the Mother River
    Posts
    4,828
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    I say we finish at 5pm today then open up to waivers tonight and tomorrow morning....

    Let's try and get as many done as possible today.
    I think we will have to randomly assign players to teams because I don't think yahoo will let us finish short of 20 rounds.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

  15. #40
    Gunfighter Mastiff's avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Middle of a Dusty Street
    Posts
    6,497
    I think we should either go until we're done... or give a list to Giff for roster fill-in. There is no way a hard core league draft should take this long. I want to select the players, even the IDP guys, that I want.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

  16. #41
    Corn Burning Fool giff57's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 1998
    Location
    On the Mother River
    Posts
    4,828
    Ok folks we will run this thing until I get back from a lunch meeting between 1-2 PM central. At that point I'll fill the teams on yahoo based upon any list you have given me or position preference for best available. If I have neither from you I'll fill your rosters with position I think you need. I will hit the begin season button sometime this afternoon.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

  17. #42
    OH....IO Hink's avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hang on Sloopy...land
    Posts
    13,521
    15 minute window will mean 9:30 EDT to 2pm EDT = 18 picks if everyone waits 15 minutes. We should at least get through part of Round 18 if not further.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

  18. #43
    Cyburbian The One's avatar
    Registered
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Vegas BABY!!
    Posts
    8,278
    Blog entries
    1

    Yup

    I sent Giff my remaining list with DE being first picked if possible.....or best available DE and LB
    “The way of acquiescence leads to moral and spiritual suicide. The way of violence leads to bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers. But, the way of non-violence leads to redemption and the creation of the beloved community.”
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    - See more at: http://www.thekingcenter.org/king-ph....r7W02j3S.dpuf

  19. #44
    OH....IO Hink's avatar
    Registered
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Hang on Sloopy...land
    Posts
    13,521
    Quote Originally posted by The One View post
    I sent Giff my remaining list with DE being first picked if possible.....or best available DE and LB
    You might want to send me it as well. I will be around for most of the morning and can make your picks if you like.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

  20. #45
    Corn Burning Fool giff57's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 1998
    Location
    On the Mother River
    Posts
    4,828
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    You might want to send me it as well. I will be around for most of the morning and can make your picks if you like.
    I forwarded it to you.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

  21. #46
    Cyburbian Tide's avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2005
    Location
    #NoogaStrong
    Posts
    2,714
    No round 20?
    @GigCityPlanner

  22. #47
    Corn Burning Fool giff57's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 1998
    Location
    On the Mother River
    Posts
    4,828
    Quote Originally posted by Tide View post
    No round 20?
    Send me your pick if you want. I am entering teams into Yahoo so there is time to set line-ups before the game.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

  23. #48
    Cyburbian Tide's avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2005
    Location
    #NoogaStrong
    Posts
    2,714
    Quote Originally posted by giff57 View post
    Send me your pick if you want. I am entering teams into Yahoo so there is time to set line-ups before the game.
    I'll get something off Waivers.
    @GigCityPlanner

  24. #49
    Gunfighter Mastiff's avatar
    Registered
    Oct 2001
    Location
    Middle of a Dusty Street
    Posts
    6,497
    Quote Originally posted by giff57 View post
    Send me your pick if you want. I am entering teams into Yahoo so there is time to set line-ups before the game.
    Anyone left on the list I sent you works for me...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

  25. #50
    Corn Burning Fool giff57's avatar
    Registered
    Jul 1998
    Location
    On the Mother River
    Posts
    4,828
    Quote Originally posted by Mastiff View post
    Anyone left on the list I sent you works for me...
    oakaly doakaly
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

More at Cyburbia

  1. Replies: 203
    Last post: 31 Aug 2010, 2:18 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 02 Jul 2007, 3:20 PM
  3. Poll - Draft Order 2005
    Fantasy Football
    Replies: 14
    Last post: 06 Jan 2005, 5:14 PM
  4. 2005 Draft Order
    Fantasy Football
    Replies: 0
    Last post: 14 Dec 2004, 4:15 PM
  5. Replies: 13
    Last post: 09 Jul 2004, 12:29 PM