Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2013 CFFL Trash Talk Thread

Registered
    Jul 1998

2013 CFFL Trash Talk Thread

Whats with all the QBs? You all think the #5 QB is worth more than the #1 RB..... Crazy I tell you. Somebody draft Vick he's starting for Philly!
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2009
    Well purely based on last year's numbers the #5 QB was worth more than the #1 RB. Matt Ryan was the #5 QB at 461 points. Adrian Peterson was the #1 RB at 318 points.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Take the #1 kicker, too!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Aaron Hernandez scored some points last year too.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Quote Originally posted by giff57 View post
    Aaron Hernandez scored some points last year too.
    From point blank range, even...

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Draft Grades???

Wow what a shocker.....I got a C grade for my draft this season......Manning looks like he might hold up his end of the bargain with 65.53 points tonight Maybe the rest of my team can SUCK and I'll still make the playoffs?? or Not according to Yahoo.....ha ha ha:

Draft Grade: C

Ouch.

CalHippies couldn't weave their fourth overall selection into fantasy gold. They're projected to end up eighth in Cyburbia Fantasy Football League with a mark of 7-6-0 (1,571 points). CalHippies opted for balance early, selecting QB Peyton Manning (4th overall), RB Frank Gore (21st), WR Pierre Garcon (52nd), and TE Vernon Davis (45th) within the first five rounds. They ended up with one of the worst foursomes of RBs in the league, as they scooped up Gore, Chris Johnson, Ronnie Hillman, and Shonn Greene for their rotation.

The Season Ahead

With the most players (6) and most projected fantasy points on bye, Week 9 might require some waiver-wire magic from the coach of CalHippies. They have one of the easiest schedules in the league when factoring in opponents' projected points. Along with having the second-easiest overall schedule, CalHippies also has the easiest first four games of the season. An especially easy stretch appears to start in Week 2, during which CalHippies plays projected bottom-tier teams for two consecutive games.

Draft Notes
    Stoutest Slot: CalHippies should be in good shape with three position groups projected to be better-than-average. TE looks to be the strongest among them, beating the average projection for the position by 14.0%.
    Risk Hater: Actuaries love the drafting style of CalHippies. They minimized risk by selecting 10 consistent players among their 20 picks.
    Golden Handcuff: CalHippies hedged their bets by scooping up Kendall Hunter in the 13th round to back up Frank Gore, his 49ers teammate (a second-round selection).
    Aging Stars: The top half of the roster (from a projected points perspective) is relatively old (ranked No. 2 in the league with an average of 7.8 years of NFL experience), whereas the bottom half is fairly young (No. 10 with 4.4 years).
    Mr. Irrelevant: The choice of Cameron Jordan with the 237th pick gave CalHippies the worst pick of the last round in terms of projected points.
    Single Serving: Going with just a single TE (Vernon Davis) and K (Randy Bullock), CalHippies opted to add depth at other positions.
    “The way of acquiescence leads to moral and spiritual suicide. The way of violence leads to bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers. But, the way of non-violence leads to redemption and the creation of the beloved community.”
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    - See more at: http://www.thekingcenter.org/king-ph....r7W02j3S.dpuf

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally posted by giff57 View post
    Whats with all the QBs? You all think the #5 QB is worth more than the #1 RB.....
    Adrian Peterson (and Arian Foster) had no more than 2 TDs in a game last year. Seemingly gone from the NFL these days are RBs getting a monster number of TDs (minus Doug Martin getting 4 against the Raiders last year). It's a passing league with RBBC and the days of a Shaun Alexander, Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson, and/or Tomlinson getting 3 or more TD games regularly are gone. It's elite QBs regularly throwing 4 to 7 TDs per game (at 6 points per passing TD) that are more valuable in this league. Manning, Rodgers and Brees are more important than any RB in this league.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by UrbaneSprawler View post
    Adrian Peterson (and Arian Foster) had no more than 2 TDs in a game last year. Seemingly gone from the NFL these days are RBs getting a monster number of TDs (minus Doug Martin getting 4 against the Raiders last year). It's a passing league with RBBC and the days of a Shaun Alexander, Priest Holmes, Larry Johnson, and/or Tomlinson getting 3 or more TD games regularly are gone. It's elite QBs regularly throwing 4 to 7 TDs per game (at 6 points per passing TD) that are more valuable in this league. Manning, Rodgers and Brees are more important than any RB in this league.
    But if you don't get the one first three picks, there is a big drop off. Then you have to factor in you play 2 RBs and 3 WRs and only 1 QB. But I have to admit that the league I won last year I owned Brees.
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Hey y'all-I got a D, so don't feel bad. One of the things I got dinged for was waiting for the later rounds to pick up a RB-Sproles, no the less. I think the days of the power RB who gets gaudy numbers is over. Further, you are seeing more and more of the running QB. I don't think that's a good idea for QBs, but that seems to be the trend. Personally, I focused on the passing game. Btw, TO enjoy Manning while you have him. The man is living on borrowed time.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Oct 2001
    I was irked when the wrong Thomas caught 2 TDs... then my Thomas did it, too!

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Well......

Looks like the importance of a great quarterback is everything in this league this year. Several have over 30 points so far.
    “The way of acquiescence leads to moral and spiritual suicide. The way of violence leads to bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers. But, the way of non-violence leads to redemption and the creation of the beloved community.”

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Wow..lots of trash talking here..

Said no one ever.
    No Signature Required

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Cyburbias Brewpub, best seat in the haus!
    WOOO WHOOOO!

I was predicted to go 0-12 This year!

BLEW THAT OUT OF THE WATER!
    I can't deliver UTOPIA, but I can create a HELL for you to LIVE in :)DoD:(

Registered
    Oct 2005
    My team is trash
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I have no quality QB... stupid Tom Brady...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    With apologies to BEK...It is good to be the King

Guess I should pay up now, eh?

Registered
    Feb 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Duke Of Dystopia View post
    WOOO WHOOOO!

I was predicted to go 0-12 This year!

BLEW THAT OUT OF THE WATER!
    My Wideouts had a piss poor weekend and with that i dropped to 5th.. fuck that
    No Signature Required

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Not in our league, but I need to brag that I just traded Eddie Royal, who I picked off waivers two weeks ago, for Eric Decker. SUCKA!!!
    @GigCityPlanner

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2009
    Looking at the Top 25 scoring players in the league, 22 of them are QBs. The first non-QB at #17 is a Tight End -- Jimmy Graham. I miss the days when Shaun Alexander would get 5 TDs in a half.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    For how good my players are, they sure don't step up when I need them to score... man it is a rough year...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Looking to trade Larry Fitzgerald for another #1 receiver or two lesser players (RB included)
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Hey....Mannnnn

A bunch of you are.....caugh (insert joint emoticon here).....like gettin' beat by hippies dudes.......he he he......
    WOW Man......like......I love this.......(insert bong emoticon here)

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Tom Brady - 8 points.

I deserve to lose badly. Please take the win.....

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    Tom Brady - 8 points.

I deserve to lose badly. Please take the win.....

I'm trying, but Cam Newton equaled that total.
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Of course my luck, on the week I could beat 9 out of 10 of you I pull the #1 scoring match-up - thank you scheduling gods.
    @GigCityPlanner

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 295
    Last post: 01 Nov 2013, 10:29 AM
  2. The 2013 NHL trash talk thread
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 37
    Last post: 01 Jul 2013, 8:27 AM
  3. 2006 CHL Trash Talk Thread
    Friday Afternoon Club