Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2013 CFFL Trash Talk Thread

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally posted by Tide View post
    Of course my luck, on the week I could beat 9 out of 10 of you I pull the #1 scoring match-up - thank you scheduling gods.
    And I thought winning this league was all about strong QB play, where a QB scoring over 40 points would mean sure-fire victory. I thought the days are now gone with RB's getting 3 rushing touchdowns. I thought the Broncos would have Manning throw 8 touchdowns, half of which would have gone to Wes Welker. So wrong, yet so right.

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Why don't we have waiver period? This is what makes this league a run away for a few - no waiver lets people who can be on the computer all day Sunday and Monday pickup and drop players at will. I play in another league and as of 1 PM Sunday all players that are playing cannot be added or dropped until Wed a 6 am when waivers take over and allow equal opportunity for people to pick up and drop. This week is a prime example of players who are getting gobbled up due to time zone or computer time such as Reed and James replacing some top losses this week.
    Rant over, but without waivers next year I doubt I'll be playing.
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    May 2002
    Is there a specific reason why TE is not included in the "flex" position? There are a bunch of decent tight out ends out there but we can only play one a week. There are several teams who have more than one TE in the game regularly so it's my opinion that TE should be added to the RB/WR position in the future.
    He's a planner, he's a dreamer, he's a sordid little schemer,
    Seems to think that money grows on trees . . .

Registered
    Jul 1998
    I just copied the settings from last year, so that is the deal with waivers and the flex positions. I can change those setting any time. I would be more than happy to change the flex so I can play two tight ends for week 8..... Should we change those settings now, for next year, or never?
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I don't think there are enough good tight ends to warrant two, but if we want to start that next year I am game.

I am never a fan of changing the rules halfway through the year...
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jul 1998
    We can set the rules for next year however the group decides. My other league has players on waivers until Wed. 12:01AM.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2009
    What do the top 4 teams in the league (the ones with winning records) have in common? The top 4 scoring QBs.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    What does a guy who gets .30 out of his QB in a week have in common with the bottom of the league?

Yea.... boo!!
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    What does a guy who gets .30 out of his QB in a week have in common with the bottom of the league?

Yea.... boo!!
    I run a couple other leagues. One of them is a negative league that rewards bad QB play: incompletions, fumbles, getting sacked, and throwing interceptions get points (with pick 6's and fumble 6's getting bonus points). We start two QB's among other positions and your Brady-Vick would be a formidable 1-2 punch in that league. I got walloped last week by the Ryan Tannehill and Thad Lewis combo.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    From my other league last week:

Iowegions scored 202 points against a projected 134.59 and has overachieved for eight straight weeks.
    This matchup featured the two highest-scoring teams in the league this week.
    It was the second-biggest margin of victory in the league this season at 106 points.
    With the win, Kickass Wizards has a three-game win streak, currently the longest in the league.
    Iowegions scored 202 points and lost. It is the highest losing score in the league this season.
    Iowegions got a combined 80 points from their RBs, the highest combined scoring output from the RB position for any team this season.
    With a combined 69 points from their RBs, Kickass Wizards got their highest combined scoring output from the RB position this season.
    The loss snapped a three-game win streak by Iowegions.

Sometimes you just are destined to lose....
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Oct 2001
    If Brees and the Bees come back tonight... and the Hippies hang on, the play-off teams are set!
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Dude got beat by a bunch of hippies....LOL

WOW, just WOW!!! I thought for sure when Manning didn't score at least 40+ I was done and half baked.....LOL
    Last edited by The One; 17 Dec 2013 at 1:38 AM.
    “The way of acquiescence leads to moral and spiritual suicide. The way of violence leads to bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers. But, the way of non-violence leads to redemption and the creation of the beloved community.”
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    - See more at: http://www.thekingcenter.org/king-ph....r7W02j3S.dpuf

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Thank you, Navarro!

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2