Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Have to log in every time - even after checking the "remember me" box

Registered
    Aug 2004

Have to log in every time - even after checking the "remember me" box

Is there something different with the access system? I have to fully log in every time I visit the site, even though I check the remember me box. Does remember me only mean remeber me for the rest of the day?

Not a major issue, but a noticeable change from previous experience.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Salmissra View post
    Is there something different with the access system? I have to fully log in every time I visit the site, even though I check the remember me box. Does remember me only mean remeber me for the rest of the day?

That most likely is your browser. Have you changed from IE to Firefox? Are you in a private window now? Unless you specifically add the password to the password manager it will not populate it in the private windows which are standard for IE and Firefox.

I am not aware of any changes on the Cyburbia side, but I am sure Dan will chime in.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    There's been no changes over here. I can try repairing the database tonight, to see if there's something up with that.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    That most likely is your browser. Have you changed from IE to Firefox? Are you in a private window now? Unless you specifically add the password to the password manager it will not populate it in the private windows which are standard for IE and Firefox.

I am not aware of any changes on the Cyburbia side, but I am sure Dan will chime in.
    I haven't changed from IE to anything else, and it's the same computer as before.

This only started a few days ago - and I know the system was rebooted because of firewall issues. I thought maybe it was tied to that? But maybe not. It's not a big issue at all, but just wanted to throw it out there.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    I repaired/optimized the database a couple of days ago.

I hate offering the "clear your cookies!' solution, but for problems like this, it's often a good solution. Your login state is stored in the cyburbia.org browser cookie. Clear it, log back in, and ... well, let's see what happens.

Registered
    Sep 1999
    I had no problem this morning, but this afternoon and evening, have to keep logging in.

Ditto.
    The content contrarian

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by OfficialPlanner View post
    Ditto.
    Nothing has changed on this end, though. Let me check vBulletin's message board, and see if others are having this problem, and if there's a solution.

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Did a bunch of database housekeeping chores. Anyone still having problems?

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Stayed logged in for 3 days running. Thanks for the fix!

Registered
    Aug 2004
    OK, the problem has cropped back up. I've cleared my cookies, but wanted to see if anyone else is having this issue again.

At least this time around I entered the correct password on the first try!

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Doing the database repair and maintenance thing now. Is it working for you?

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Logged in this morning. Will see if/how long it lasts and will report back.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Logged in this morning. Will see if/how long it lasts and will report back.
    Didn't last. I had to log back in this morning.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 0
    Last post: 18 Apr 2013, 5:10 PM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last post: 14 Sep 2011, 8:38 AM
  3. Replies: 24
    Last post: 09 Mar 2009, 9:48 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last post: 25 Jun 2007, 10:39 AM