Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: All I want for Christmas....

Registered
    Oct 2000

All I want for Christmas....

Ok, this is a many part posting.

1. I absolutely cannot believe how many stores have their Christmas crap out already!!! Granted, I've got almost half my shopping done already, but still....

2. It got me really in the mood for Christmas, especially since my family has started the Christmas Inquisition already ("So what do you want for Christmas, honey?")

So what does everyone really want for Christmas/Hannukah/Kwanza? And world peace doesn't count.

I'll go first.... I'm desperate for a PDA. Unfortunately, I can't come up with a good argument for Rob as to why I need one, since he gave me a cell phone for my birthday last year and my pocket caledar would fit in my purse better than a PDA. sigh. So next on my list was a pair of flannel pajama pants with this cute little cami top from Target.

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996

Re: All I want for Christmas....

Season 1, 2, & 3 of the Sopranos on DVD.

Originally posted by KMateja
    I'll go first.... I'm desperate for a PDA. Unfortunately, I can't come up with a good argument for Rob as to why I need one,
    A PDA was on my list this year, until my employer bought me one.
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

I'm also asking for a PDA

Registered
    Aug 2001
    1. Renew my health club membership for me
    2. Gift cards - let me pick out my own clothes so I don't have to return the things you buy me.
    3. Darts
    4. Martini shaker - a cool IKEA trinket!
    5. A new puppy

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    I'm hankering for a PDA too...can anyone recommend a good, not-to-expensive one?

I'm also after the Band of Brothers DVD box set...

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator NHPlanner's avatar
    Registered
    Apr 1996
    Based on 2 months of use, I really like the Palm m130, which is what the Town bought for me, the Town Manager, and the MIS Coordinator (my boss got a Compaq iPaq...which is really more a palm PC).

Here's a link... http://www.palm.com/products/palmm130/
    "Growth is inevitable and desirable, but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your part of the world is going to change. The question is how." -- Edward T. McMahon, The Conservation Fund

Registered
    Mar 2002
    I got a Palm last year and LOVE it-think ill get Scott one this year. How can he be an atty and NOT have one?

Me id love a new job
    a DVD player-no wait i dont have a TV
    trip back to Panama' to go diving
    trip to NYC or Amsterdam for shopping
    flannel PJs with the feet in them
    CDs

umm i donno what else
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

1. New Car CD/MP3 player (damn Honda cd player won't play burned cds)
    2. PDA
    3. Digital Camera
    4. Simpsons Season 1 and 2 DVD sets
    5. James Bond DVD set
    6. A HUGE raise
    "I'm a white male, age 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me, no matter how dumb my suggestions are."

- Homer Simpson

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Coal...

I mean, what's Santa going to do to me then?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Crappy Holidays

I hate Xmas. It consumes 1/6 of the year. I wish they could make Xmas happen every other year- that's what I want as a gift this year. What a drain. I liked it when I was a kid, but not now. I'm glad you like it Kmateja.

Another opposing viewpoint from Mugbub- I know some of you agree- how 'bout Mike DeVouno? Mastiff you seem like a grinch too.

Registered
    Oct 2001

Let me whine a bit please.

Off-topic:
    I'm soooo post-PDA. I'm looking at going back to a paper planner. No batteries, no failures at the most inoportune times, no constant hot syncs, no beeps in meetings. PDA for phone numbers and addresses only. Day Planner for times and dates.

As for Christmas:
    1. A cherry 1993 Volvo 254 Classic Turbo in Black.
    2. A rocket launcher.
    3. A homebrew kit!

Registered
    Dec 1998
    See that nice shiny vehicle under my name??? Well.....I'd like to have THAT paid off....enough money to make the repairs on my 10 1/2 yr old Geo Storm which I love dearly........student loans paid off....and, like jfortin, a HUGE ass raise!!!!

BUT, I'll settle for a digital camera, a computer upgrade with new software, a DVD player or COOLER WEATHER. Jeesh.....it's almost November and the temps are STILL in the 80's.
    "A witty woman is a treasure, a witty beauty is a power!"

Registered
    Oct 2001

Re: Crappy Holidays

Originally posted by mugbub1
    Mastiff you seem like a grinch too.
    Depends... I really like doing stuff for my kids. That's what it's all about. They know there isn't a Santa. They know it's really not the day Jesus Christ was born, but kind of a mix of Pagan and Christianity. But hey, it can be fun if you do it right.

Up here in OR, I can get a permit for $5 and really hike out in the woods with the family to get a tree! I can buy gifts I can AFFORD to give, not run my credit cards up...

Then I drink eggnog. I'm glad I have a fireplace this year, but I'll miss the big family gathering back in the midwest... but I won't miss it that much.

That answer your question, Mugs?
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

coal....

Actually we are getting everyone Kohl and Switches for Xmas

We are going to get gift certificates to Kohl's. My husband works for a company that sells switches for equipment. Like on-off switches.

We'll package them up and give them to friends and family. A relatively inexpensive, but cute gift idea.

Registered
    Oct 2001

Switches!~Aye!

Don't temp PlannerGirl!

Registered
    Aug 2001

I hate Xmas. It consumes 1/6 of the year. I wish they could make Xmas happen every other year- that's what I want as a gift this year. What a drain. I liked it when I was a kid, but not now. I'm glad you like it Kmateja.

Another opposing viewpoint from Mugbub- I know some of you agree- how 'bout Mike DeVouno? Mastiff you seem like a grinch too.
    I'm with you. Bah, humbug and all that. Scrooge wasn't all that bad (read the book), not very compassionate, but an honest businessman. Better than most, nowadays. I know somewone who points out that to use the word "nowadays" shows that you're getting older. Is that true? Am I rambling on a little bit like Andy Rooney. It's late. Anyway, Christmas - other than the food - cookies and turkey - forget it.

Registered
    Oct 2000

I hate Xmas. It consumes 1/6 of the year. I wish they could make Xmas happen every other year- that's what I want as a gift this year. What a drain.
    But I can totally understand people's disgruntlement with the holiday. I love it because my family is a big christmas tradition family - the actual decorating of the tree is a bigger event than opening presents. We have certain foods we only eat for christmas, and it is the one time of year my brother comes home from Cali. Every year I write a Christmas poem and my dad (a printer) helps me design graphics from pictures of us or our dogs.

However, the retail industry has made certain aspects of Christmas psychotic. All the angst that some people have about making sure that they spend the same amount on people so it's fair, being asked to contribute $30 for each of their kids' elementary school teacher's christmas present, getting 2 page photocopied "Christmas Letters" from your third cousins, telling you all about their 5 exotic vacations they took that year. Yeah, that is just way too sucky. I can see why the holidays have the highest number of suicides committed then.

Mug - this one's for you! (Just kidding!)

Registered
    Feb 2002
    Fishing Pole
    Sewing Machine
    Puppy

That's all I can think of....for now anyway..

Registered
    Dec 2001
    While I can't say I'm a grinch I'm definitly not into Christmas like I was when i was a kid, perhaps it will take on a new meaning when I have kids.

But, being from an Italian family, the holiday is more about giving more than the next person. It makes me sick.

Just get me some new socks, maybe a CD or 2. A DVD, it's all cool.

Anything I want I just go out and buy, so it's not like when I was a kid. I guess I'm in a Christmas lull, not exciting for me, but next year it will be because we'll have our baby's 1st Christmas and how could you not like that??

BTW, ultrasound at 1:00 today. Hopefully find out the gender.

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Originally posted by Mike DeVuono

BTW, ultrasound at 1:00 today. Hopefully find out the gender.
    Off Topic: Yay! Have you seen that 4-D imaging ? Cool Stuff!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    So far I haven't seen that many things I want. Other than the aforementioned LiteBrite Cube (see the Office Toys thread).

I haven't had too much time to think due to my ongoing battle with the US government over my stupid passport (I sent it in for my third time on Friday... third time's a charm right?) So all I want for xmas is legal status to remain where I am. Oh yeah, and my bf's ex-wife off my back. Now *that* would be sweet!

Registered
    Aug 2001

A great big shiny aluminum xmas tree.

Like the girl with the curly red hair in Charlie Brown Christmas said. "What I really want for Christmas is real estate!"

Registered
    Aug 2001

A puppy like TexasPlanners?!

Originally posted by SW MI Planner
    Fishing Pole
    Sewing Machine
    Puppy
    That's all I can think of....for now anyway..

Weimies are sooo cuddly too!

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Ultrasound Update:

Can't tell the gender at this time. But the big news....baby is going to be a bike racer just like Dad.

Baby was pedalling away and blowing bubbles when the ultrasound was being done.

The first words out my wife when baby started pedalling: "He's in training for next season!"

Move over Armstrong, Baby D is coming!

Registered
    Aug 2001

MIke is pregnant?

Congratulations Mr and Mrs Mike D and baby on the way WooHoo.

Tell me, did you record the ultrasound?

WIth our first we looked at that tape over and over.

The second one I couldn't watch her in utero once. After a while I also couldn't take intense graphic imaging on TV or movies:bloody violence, gut wrenching child victim stories, coercive relationships or sassy cameltoed sitcom girls, all peeved me majorly.

Chalk it up to a pregnancy hormone rush but that remote control was mine, all mine. It was either that or kill my TV.

Eat Pasta
    run Faster

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. What is Christmas to you?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 41
    Last post: 23 Dec 2011, 4:44 PM
  2. Christmas Already ?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 20