Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Monday Rant!!

Registered
    Dec 2001

Monday Rant!!

I've got a beautiful dog, a weimeraner, who I love with all of my heart (all of you know this- he's my main man, he's my little booger bear). Granted, he can be a pill, but not to the point my neighbor is saying. I got home Friday evening to a sign posted on my front door letting us know our dog is a nuisance. He says he barks all day long and it bothers him. James and I spoke with all of our other neighbors and they said they'd never heard our dog, nor even knew we had a dog. My problem is this, this guy said he wants us to get a "no bark" collar for our dog- the kind that shocks him is he barks. I got my dog partly because I want a big bark if I'm home alone or if no one is at the house. This guys really weirds me out- he left an anon. sign posted on my front door and watches our house contantly- given by the converstaion and him knowing our schedule (what time we leave and come home and when we come home for lunch. Should I tell him to kiss my foot?

I've contacted the city about this, and let them know he's made threatening statements, but Hatcher only barks when he's playing or between 8-5, he's still a baby and barely barks when people come to our door.. I'm just so frustrated with this guy- it's like get a freaking day job- you're 40 ft away property line to property line, then 2 BSLs, which are about another 30 ft combined.

Okay, that's all, I just had to get that out as I've had to deal with our HOA this morning, the sign he posted with TAPE stripped stain off the front door and I needed a copy of our rules stating he cannot post signs on our door-

ARGH!
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Oct 2001

Re: Monday Rant!!

Originally posted by TexasPlanner
    Should I tell him to kiss my foot?
    While it is true the sun does not shine often on the foot... I would choose another body part to tell him to kiss.

I used to live next to a pair of schnauzers that barked at anything... and I do mean anything... right under my bedroom window. They would put them out at 7 a.m. on Sunday morning and go off to church. Inconsiderate? Yes... But people have dogs, and people have rights.

I'd call the police, show them the damage to the door, and file a tresspass against the neighbor...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Dec 2001
    I'd forget about it. I'd be pissed about the door though. Your dog is young and will eventually get better during the day when you are not there (read: sleep all day).

Maybe he should get a job so he isn't home all day ??

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Sorry to come off like an idiot- but could I really press charges for tresspassing?

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Sorry to come off like an idiot- but could I really press charges for tresspassing?
    No no...

File a tresspass. It's different. I can only assume Arizona law, and I'll look it up if you'd like, but...

When you file one, it basically alerts the person they are not welcome on your property, and may not come to your door again. The first time, anyone can come to your door (unless they come to commit a crime or the property is posted), but you can more or less tell anyone to stay off your property. Once done, THEN they can be cited for tresspassing.

HTH

Registered
    Oct 2001
    From the ARS:

13-1502. Criminal trespass in the third degree; classification

A. A person commits criminal trespass in the third degree by:

1. Knowingly entering or remaining unlawfully on any real property after a reasonable request to leave by the owner or any other person having lawful control over such property, or reasonable notice prohibiting entry.

And:

13-802. Fines for misdemeanors

C. A sentence to pay a fine for a class 3 misdemeanor shall be a sentence to pay an amount, fixed by the court, not more than five hundred dollars.

So... If you have a police officer alert the neighbor, there is a record of the "reasonable notice". A certified letter works just as well, but doesn't have the same pizazz as the cop at the door...

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Bwaaaahahahahahahahahaha- thank you!

Even the police couldn't believe he wanted us to put a collar on him, and suggested that we don't take any action against our dog considering he knows when we leave, when we come home, etc.

Thank you Mastiff!

Registered
    Oct 2000
    Tex, I sympathize. When we were in South Carolina, we had crabby old neighbors who hated our dogs. We had a chain link fence, and any time they would go into their back yard, our dogs would race over and start barking at them, so Rob or I would bring the dogs in anytime the neighbors wanted to be outside so that the dogs wouldn't bother them, but they still liked to get a snide word in. Once, before we could get the dogs inside, Parker growled very meanly at the lady and she was just distraught and her husband called us later to yell at us about it, even though nothing really happened. blargh.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    I would think another dog owner, such as himself, would understand dogs bark. I just sent him a letter, ccd our HOA, and attached the Arizona State Laws and the ordinance he violated. I think that should be enough to get him to leave us alone. I mean, yeah, dogs bark. If my immediate neighbors didn't even know my dog existed he can kiss my foot! I just cannot believe he thought this was okay to do-

here's his sign to us: (and I didn't make corrections)

To whom it may concern,

I apologize for having to inform you that your dog has become incresingly intrusive wiht its non-stop barking and crying while you are away from you residence. I hope you can find a resolution to this growing problem. If it wasn't as offensive as it is, then i wouln't mention is, but it is. Good Luck!

Thank you,

The Neighbors

     
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    Tell this guy to get a life. And, let your dog dump in his yard any chance you get...

Just kidding. But, wouldn't it be a little fun?

There's a nutty lady who lives up the street from me who goes nuts if a dog/child/person/squirrel steps one toe into her yard. I had heard about her fetish, but never experienced it until one evening when I was walking my dog.

Molly (said dog) stopped to pee on the stop sign out in front of this lady's house. Now, this is a corner lot on a busy four lane road, and the sign post is way out at the curb line almost in the street. As we're walking on our way, this lady comes out on her porch and starts hollering something at me. Like I said, this is a busy street, and with all the traffic noise I couldn't hear what she was saying. So, I started walking across the yard so I could hear her better...

...hell hath no fury like an obsessive-compulsive lawn-mower with a dog in her yard.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Well, I wrote this nut a letter so I'm thinking the situation is over. I had to deal with my HOA for a little bit yesterday, those freaks told me not to contact the police and file a trespass because "that might look bad". I was fuming to say the least, but I still contacted the community action officer, he's the guy who shows up and lets this guy know to stay away from our home. And, when I got home yesterday, it was his dogs that were barking like crazy, both of them.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Bwaaaahahahahahahahahaha- thank you!

Even the police couldn't believe he wanted us to put a collar on him, and suggested that we don't take any action against our dog considering he knows when we leave, when we come home, etc.

Thank you Mastiff!
    Anytime... I don't tell many people I went to law school. If I actually finished and passed the bar, can you imagine? A lawyer/planner... would there be a more hated creature on the planet?

You know, the cops probably let the guy have it REAL good, too. They're funny about neighbor disputes...

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Monday
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 16
    Last post: 19 Mar 2012, 1:30 PM
  2. Who's Off on Monday