Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2014 - CFFL Draft Round 1

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Probably wont happen on a week night but Yahoo crashed Saturday night.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally posted by The One View post
    So Wednesday then? 6PM Pacific ? On Cyburbia or Yahoo?
    I say run a live draft so those of us who cannot make it can make lists ahead of time.
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Cyburbias Brewpub, best seat in the haus!

Best availavble

Find out those who can not participate.

Then, as the players come off a list, they should just get best available player as ranked by whatever list "Controler" of the draft is using. Easy, Fast, and all slots are filled responsibly.

If online here or on yahoo, I could help with this function. I have lists as well as player position slot sheets used for our family FF team on yahoo.

I would also like to suggest changing the points for individual Defensive Players. It makes them relevenat.

Defensive Players League Value Yahoo Default Value
    Tackle Solo 3 1
    Tackle Assist 1 0.5
    Sack 4 2
    Interception 6 3
    Fumble Force 2 0
    Fumble Recovery 4 2
    Defensive Touchdown 6 0
    Safety 2 0
    Pass Defended 2 1
    Block Kick 3 2
    Tackles for Loss 2 0
    Turnover Return Yards
    per 10 yards 1 0

for some reason, it will not let me make the above look nice. 8-(
    I can't deliver UTOPIA, but I can create a HELL for you to LIVE in :)DoD:(

Registered
    Jul 1998
    So who's in Wednesday night at 6PT? I am in for this time. I'm not sure how Yahoo does live drafts, but we can do it in a thread here if folks who can't take part get us a list.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I am good for tomorrow night. I don't know how Yahoo works if people put in their pick..... that might be the easiest.
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Me too

I'm in Wednesday night 6PM pacific time
    “The way of acquiescence leads to moral and spiritual suicide. The way of violence leads to bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers. But, the way of non-violence leads to redemption and the creation of the beloved community.”
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    - See more at: http://www.thekingcenter.org/king-ph....r7W02j3S.dpuf

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2009
    I can do tomorrow as well.

Registered
    Jun 2011
    Tomorrow 6pm PST (9pm EST) is good for me as well.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    From what I read, it appears that if an owner cant be there, or runs out of time yahoo autodrafts for them. Hopefully it lets the commissioners pick players for owners as well if we have a list. I am going to go ahead and schedule it for tonight on Yahoo
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Jul 1998
    I think I have things set up for tonight, if you cant participate be sure to set up your pre-rankings. Hink you may want to look things over when you get a chance.
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Jul 2003
    what time, and on here or yahoo, and if on yahoo, how do we sign in/participate (never done it that way before... but interested to see how it works).

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally posted by giff57 View post
    From what I read, it appears that if an owner cant be there, or runs out of time yahoo autodrafts for them. Hopefully it lets the commissioners pick players for owners as well if we have a list. I am going to go ahead and schedule it for tonight on Yahoo
    I set my list today with at least 12 for each position, Yahoo then takes the next highest available player to fill out your team. I'll have to be a waiver monster, which reminds me, can we have a cool down 24 hour period on waiver picks so those of us who stay up Sunday night or the late game don't grab that hot player just because they're up, and then waiver order matters each week.
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    May 2002
    Ok, I'll be the dumb one and ask. I'm not sure I can be around at 9 tonight so are you saying that I can go into Yahoo and rank my selections ahead of time? I'm just not seeing how to do that. Thanks.
    He's a planner, he's a dreamer, he's a sordid little schemer,
    Seems to think that money grows on trees . . .

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by MD Planner View post
    Ok, I'll be the dumb one and ask. I'm not sure I can be around at 9 tonight so are you saying that I can go into Yahoo and rank my selections ahead of time? I'm just not seeing how to do that. Thanks.
    Go to Draft Central and edit your pre-draft rankings. You can use Yahoo! if you don't want to change it.

Giff can you make me co-commissioner so I can change some of the items that we are talking about on here?
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by Hink View post
    Go to Draft Central and edit your pre-draft rankings. You can use Yahoo! if you don't want to change it.

Giff can you make me co-commissioner so I can change some of the items that we are talking about on here?
    I thought you were already co-commissioner? Heading there now. I'll get the waiver thing set.
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Me too

I just found out I have my kids open house at school....will have my I-Pad with me though.....I have ranked my players on Yahoo so go with that if I'm not responding in 30 seconds or less....So it will be a live draft in yahoo after we log in.....
    “The way of acquiescence leads to moral and spiritual suicide. The way of violence leads to bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers. But, the way of non-violence leads to redemption and the creation of the beloved community.”
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    - See more at: http://www.thekingcenter.org/king-ph....r7W02j3S.dpuf

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by The One View post
    I just found out I have my kids open house at school....will have my I-Pad with me though.....I have ranked my players on Yahoo so go with that if I'm not responding in 30 seconds or less....So it will be a live draft in yahoo after we log in.....
    Never done it that way either but it looks like it auto defaults to your ranked list if you don't pick in 1.5 minutes.
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by Tide View post
    I set my list today with at least 12 for each position, Yahoo then takes the next highest available player to fill out your team. I'll have to be a waiver monster, which reminds me, can we have a cool down 24 hour period on waiver picks so those of us who stay up Sunday night or the late game don't grab that hot player just because they're up, and then waiver order matters each week.
    If you turn on the waiver cool down it defaults to Tuesday at 11:59PM. When do you want players to go on waivers? Sunday? First game of the week? I have it set to Sunday at the moment.
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Quote Originally posted by giff57 View post
    If you turn on the waiver cool down it defaults to Tuesday at 11:59PM. When do you want players to go on waivers? Sunday? First game of the week? I have it set to Sunday at the moment.
    You can put in your waiver requests ahead of the midnight tuesday deadline, then everything from tuesday through sunday is wide open. I just don't like the wide open nature of the waivers at the moment.
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    Jul 2003
    I think the auto draft should be set to 3 minutes. That is not to much and will give a person a chance to choose somebody they want.

When does it start? And on Yahoo?

Better details needed.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Duke Of Dystopia View post
    I think the auto draft should be set to 3 minutes. That is not to much and will give a person a chance to choose somebody they want.

Better details needed.
    On Yahoo at 6pm PST or 9pm EST.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by Duke Of Dystopia View post

Better details needed.
    2 minutes appears to be the max allowed.
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Never did an online draft before.

Just in case I don't figure this out in the first 2 minutes, I reiterate that I will be taking Aron Rodgers, QB, GB... as my first pick in this draft.

Going to try and get it in there right though.

Registered
    Jun 2011
    Ugh...I completely forgot about the draft tonight. Sorry guys! That's never happened to me before in all the years I've played fantasy.

Looks like I lucked out a little, besides having two kickers and Eli Manning.

Registered
    Oct 2005
    I'm stacked on WRs but need a RB1 - The Relocators looking to trade.
    @GigCityPlanner

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast