Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Environmental Planning workplace

Registered
    Sep 2014

Environmental Planning workplace

In what sort of departments, agencies, and/or non-profits do environmental planners work?
    I keep seeing a lot about office and paper work, do they not do any fieldwork?

Everything I'm reading about environmental planning as a whole seems so vague like any and all things "environmental" get tossed in the lump. Maybe it is just that broad a field but it's frustrating trying to figure out just what these planners do exactly and where and for whom they do it.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

We work everywhere

Yup....you'll find us everywhere.....

Me- Non-Profit office fighting poverty
    Others:
    All levels of the Federal State and Local Government.....transportation, industrial monitoring agencies
    Private companies in a 100 types of positions......Phase I, II and III reporting and on and on and on......

as far as field work, I like my friends job at the USDA NRCS since it involves a lot of education. Private consulting to delineate wetlands and doing Phase I, II and III reports would be cool.

Also a ton of field work involved with floodplain management and permitting through the US Army Corps.
    Last edited by The One; 25 Sep 2014 at 7:45 PM. Reason: Dan held me hostage until I agreed to make these changes!
    “The way of acquiescence leads to moral and spiritual suicide. The way of violence leads to bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers. But, the way of non-violence leads to redemption and the creation of the beloved community.”
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    - See more at: http://www.thekingcenter.org/king-ph....r7W02j3S.dpuf

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 7
    Last post: 26 Mar 2014, 11:19 AM
  2. Masters in environmental planning
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 06 Apr 2011, 5:33 PM
  3. Environmental planning trend
    Career Development and Advice