Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: List your recent and current binge watch (streaming shows) here

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Californication. My goodness, there's a lot of T&A in that series.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Bubba View post
    Last: The Wire
    Current: Whitechapel
    Next: ?? - whatever looks good either on Amazon Prime or from Netflix
    Ended up being stymied on Whitechapel - Amazon pulled it down off Prime availability with on episode in Series 3 left and all of Series 4. I guess I'll get back to it some day.

Knocked out The Last Enemy a week or so ago - a good watch for fans of the current BBC Sherlock - it's basically Benedict Cumberbatch's audition tape...

Current binge watch: Bosch
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Recently completed: TurN (about Revolutionary War spy)

I'm now working my way through Black Mirror, which is like a modern version of Twilight Zone & focused on dystopian technology

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Mar 2007
    I'm binging on Game of Thrones season 4 this week (as well as cramming through the audio versions of A Feast for Crows and A Dance With Dragons) in preparation for season 5 of GoT starting up this Sunday.
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    The new Netflix series Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt produced by Tina Fey. Hilarious.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by kjel View post
    The new Netflix series Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt produced by Tina Fey. Hilarious.
    yes, I forgot to list that one - it's excellent

Registered
    Jan 2006
    I have binge watched Dexter and OINB. That's it. Nothing now.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Finally finished Burn Notice and loved it!

not sure what to watch next, I feel lost, somehow

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Recently started "Babylon 5". That show was underrated.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Aug 2004
    We started Alpha House on Amazon Prime. Hubby found it and we both love it.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Borrowed Season 3 of VEEP from the library on Monday and have three episodes left for this evening.

Love this show. JLD is a goddess.
    Last edited by mendelman; 06 May 2015 at 3:49 PM.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Every day is today. Yesterday is a myth and tomorrow an illusion.

Registered
    Feb 2005
    Have been watching "Orphan Black" over the past couple of weeks (free if you have Amazon Prime) and I highly recommend, reminds me of the X-Files with the biotech and military conspiracies. My sister apparently binge-watched the entire first season over the weekend (10 episodes). I am so impressed by Tatiana Maslany's ability to convincingly act out all of the distinct "clone" characters.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    My wife and I watched it a couple weeks ago and liked it so much that we started watching it again last night. It's truly great!
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Registered
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Recently started "Babylon 5". That show was underrated.
    I actually liked it. IT was pretty well done.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Hmmm

The IT Crowd

Funny so far.....
    “The way of acquiescence leads to moral and spiritual suicide. The way of violence leads to bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers. But, the way of non-violence leads to redemption and the creation of the beloved community.”
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    - See more at: http://www.thekingcenter.org/king-ph....r7W02j3S.dpuf

Registered
    Aug 2005
    currently watching Damages - it feels like my last job but I gotta see what happens so binge I must

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Over the past few days my wife and I watched the first 9 episodes of The Brink on HBO. Jack Black as a low-level diplomat and Tim Robbins as a womanizing Secretary of State trying to handle a coup in Pakistan doesn't sound like a promising premise (and I think HBO's comedies can be hit or miss) but this is pretty good. It's a nice combination of dark humor and just enough drama. I'm sad there's only one episode left, but it looks like it's been picked up for a second season.

Also, John Larroquette should always be cast as a sleazeball or weirdo.
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Registered
    Jan 2009
    I did Walking Dead, I just started Heroes. Never actually watched any of those shows before. Not bad.

Registered
    Dec 2001
    That's next on my list, but otherwise it's Peaky Blinders, Sherlock, and OITNB. I don't have time to binge watch though, maybe an episode here or there every few nights.
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Quote Originally posted by terraplnr View post
    Have been watching "Orphan Black" over the past couple of weeks (free if you have Amazon Prime) and I highly recommend, reminds me of the X-Files with the biotech and military conspiracies. My sister apparently binge-watched the entire first season over the weekend (10 episodes). I am so impressed by Tatiana Maslany's ability to convincingly act out all of the distinct "clone" characters.
    I just started season 3. Definitely TVMA at times.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Aug 2001
    "Family Tree" but I'm not binge watching.

Registered
    Dec 2010
    Currently flying through Dr. Who on Netflix, can't believe I waited so long to give this show a try. It's amazing!

Before that I was binge watching Bob's Burgers, which in my opinion bears a lot in common with The Simpsons back during their stronger seasons.I think it's awesome that a lot of newer shows with more of a positive and feel-good approach can still be so well written (although I still love darker shows like The Wire, Sopranos, etc.).
    Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule.

Registered
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally posted by HomerJ View post
    Currently flying through Dr. Who on Netflix, can't believe I waited so long to give this show a try. It's amazing!

Before that I was binge watching Bob's Burgers, which in my opinion bears a lot in common with The Simpsons back during their stronger seasons.I think it's awesome that a lot of newer shows with more of a positive and feel-good approach can still be so well written (although I still love darker shows like The Wire, Sopranos, etc.).
    Love Dr. Who. Here's a Bad Wolf picture outside Cadillac Ranch.

Registered
    Jan 2006
    I hate TV. That being said; I can't believe no one has mentioned Wet Hot American Summer. Gold.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by TOFB View post
    I hate TV. That being said; I can't believe no one has mentioned Wet Hot American Summer. Gold.
    We did go through that one... twice already. I loved the movie when it came out and the show was equally hilarious. Possibly even better than the movie. Paul Rudd and David Wain were great! There's a pretty good interview with WHAS creators David Wain and Michael Showalter on the Podcast "Bullseye" from a couple of weeks ago that's worth checking out.

On a The State related note, there are rumors that there are scripts for a couple dozen more episodes of Reno 911! that NetFlix wants to produce and is working with Comedy Central to get the rights to. I hope that happens.
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

+ Reply to thread
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 12 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. What shows do you watch?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 26
    Last post: 04 Jan 2014, 11:37 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 14 Aug 2012, 12:33 PM