Urban planning community | #theplannerlife
+ Reply to thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread: List your recent and current binge watch (streaming shows) here

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Some of the episodes of CCGC are not just unfunny but are at times downright depressing. Just saw the Gary Shandling episode. I gather he died a few weeks after it aired. Or Michael Richards when he admits how he is never doing standup again and is essentially 'broken' as a person after his meltdown at a heckler 10 years ago.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    I am watching the second season of The Crown and caught up on How to Get Away With Murder.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Finished off Series 3 of The Fall - I imagine that's the end of that show. Started Mindhunter (Netflix) - the first episode had some awful writing and acting at various points, but overall it seems pretty good (I'm three episodes in now).
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Feb 2004
    I started 'Person of Interest' last night. Interesting premise. Good mix of action and suspense and it's got the added bonus of being complete. They made five seasons and all five are on Netflix. Nothing worse than bingeing on a whole season of a current show in week or two and then having to wait another year to find out what happens next. For that reason I'm a big fan of shows that have already ended.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jun 2011
    Just finished Season 7 of Shameless (the last season available on Netflix). It's a pretty good show. Not really what I usually watch, but I enjoy it.

I'm about 1/2 way through the new season of Jessica Jones. I think it's better than the first season. I've also started the second season of the British version of Wallander.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by AG74683 View post
    Just finished Season 7 of Shameless (the last season available on Netflix). It's a pretty good show. Not really what I usually watch, but I enjoy it.
    I agree it's a great show. This season was a little more ponderous than Season 6. I think maybe one more season and it's a wrap.

I am binge watching Bravo's Imposters Season 1 in advance of Season 2 starting in a few weeks.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally posted by kjel View post
    I agree it's a great show. This season was a little more ponderous than Season 6. I think maybe one more season and it's a wrap.
    They've already done Season 8, but it's not out on Netflix now. I think Season 7 was definitely thin on the comedy, but I didn't mind it too much. I think it's gotta be close to the end, considering everyone seems to have their lives together.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    They've already done Season 8, but it's not out on Netflix now. I think Season 7 was definitely thin on the comedy, but I didn't mind it too much. I think it's gotta be close to the end, considering everyone seems to have their lives together.
    Somehow I was off a season. 8 was a little more ponderous (I have Showtime) but the last episode while not epic did allude to some interesting things in Season 9.

I am patiently waiting for Season 2 of Handmaid's Tale which is supposed to drop in April.

Registered
    May 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Whose Yur Planner View post
    I'm about 1/2 way through the new season of Jessica Jones. I think it's better than the first season. I've also started the second season of the British version of Wallander.
    I’m 1/2 way through the second season also and I totally disagree. I liked the first season far more, though this one is still pretty good. My wife agrees with you however.
    Children in the back seat can cause accidents - and vice versa.

Quote Originally posted by imaplanner View post
    I’m 1/2 way through the second season also and I totally disagree. I liked the first season far more, though this one is still pretty good. My wife agrees with you however.
    There are aspects I don't like of this season. The first season was introducing the character and the resolution of the Kilgrave story line. It was also metaphor about how people act in an abusive relationship. This season was more about finding out about her past. There has also been an undercurrent of drug abuse. JJ does not deal with her past and it drags her down. She is an anti heroine. It adds to the dark tone of the series. It will be interesting to see if they try to have her come to terms with what happened.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Started Season 4 of Bosch on Amazon Prime. Solid. Will move on to the first season of Killing Eve (BBC America) next.
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Jan 2009
    Finished up Lost in Space, 3%, and Dear White People. Working on Legends of Tomorrow. Lost in Space was okay. It'll be interesting to see what they do next season. 3% was okay, but the first season was better. Same for Dear White People. Legends of Tomorrow is meh, but I'll watch it.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Watching Safe right now

recently watched: s3 The Crown, Hinterland new season, collateral, retribution,death in paradise new season, glitch, requiem, borderliner and babylon berlin

next up might be money heist
    Kim Wexler: Either you fit the jacket... or the jacket fits you.

Registered
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally posted by dvdneal View post
    Finished up Lost in Space. Lost in Space was okay.
    I have liked it so far. I'm getting close to the end of the first season. I haven't really been "binge watching" it though. Off and on really. I'm basically in love with Judy (Taylor Russell). Don't worry, shes 23.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    death in paradise
    It's not exactly great television, but I love that show.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Bubba View post
    It's not exactly great television, but I love that show.
    right? I watch a lot of dark shows, so that show breaks it up for me - there are an unreasonably amount of murders on that island but we can set that aside

Registered
    Feb 2006
    I am addicted to Perry Mason. I watch it every night at 10:30 on MeTV. That and Mannix.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Hawkeye66 View post
    I am addicted to Perry Mason. I watch it every night at 10:30 on MeTV. That and Mannix.
    Mrs. Maister got the complete Perry Mason DVD collection last Xmas. What she likes most about Mr. Mason - all his clients are innocent and none of them ever lies.

Registered
    Jan 2006
    I am happy when I can find a show worth watching. Better Call Saul is one of those shows.

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by TOFB View post
    I am happy when I can find a show worth watching. Better Call Saul is one of those shows.
    Yes, I cannot wait for the next season!

Registered
    Aug 2004
    I just finished S1 of The Flash. Like it - anything with Jesse L. Martin is worth a second viewing.

Caught up on Death in Paradise, Sherlock (and the extras), The Crown, The Keepers, and watched a few movies. I'm still behind on recommended shows, but I'm also dealing with house showings, the realtor, movers, and long-distance job hunting.

Hubby and I started Wild Wild Country, and will watch that together on the weekends. Really good show - that Sheela is crazy!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    I was sick one day last week and watched the first half of Marvel's Luke Cage Season 1.

I was good up till then and now that I have about 3 episodes left I don't really care about it.

I want to get into Better Call Saul, but I'm not in the mood for heavy dramedy, though I loved all the Saul Goodman appearances in Breaking Bad.

I think I'll binge all of The Good Place, instead.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Every day is today. Yesterday is a myth and tomorrow an illusion.

You know...for kids.

I have liked it so far. I'm getting close to the end of the first season. I haven't really been "binge watching" it though. Off and on really. I'm basically in love with Judy (Taylor Russell). Don't worry, shes 23.
    I'm two episodes into it and will probably watch it out. The first episode was a little rough, but it got better in the second one, enough so that I will finish it. I'll probably get back into British version of Wallander.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    The first half of the new season of Kimmy Schmidt dropped on Wednesday and my wife and I powered through it already (it was only 6 episodes). The humor was soooo much darker than the first 3 seasons but it was still really funny. Now I have to wait until next January for the final 7 episodes.
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

+ Reply to thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 10 19 20 21 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. What shows do you watch?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 26
    Last post: 04 Jan 2014, 12:37 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 14 Aug 2012, 1:33 PM