Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

Thread: List your recent and current binge watch (streaming shows) here

Registered
    Feb 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Whose Yur Planner View post
    I just started season 3. Definitely TVMA at times.
    Haha yes especially when Helena gets involved... "I got refund."

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Just finished watching Better Call Saul. I bought 'em all on my Amazon account and watched them in two days. I'm a bad bad person. Loved it all.

Also, I should tell you that I hate kittens and I only use Motorola phones.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by terraplnr View post
    Haha yes especially when Helena gets involved... "I got refund."
    Her bar fight in Season 2 was pretty good... "Those guys you beat up aren't going to press charges."
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Quote Originally posted by Bubba View post
    Her bar fight in Season 2 was pretty good... "Those guys you beat up aren't going to press charges."
    I like the fact that she's become more than am one note, agent of chaos and destruction character. How do y'all like the suburban, yuppie couple?
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Apr 2006
    I just finished rewatching "The Leftovers." If you are looking for a show to Binge watch and its available on demand through your cable provider I recommend "Mr. Robot." It is one of the best shows I have seen on cable that has not been on premium channel. Its what "V for Vengeance" should have been if it was crossed with Fight Club, Pump up the Volume and a little bit of the Matrix sprinkled on top.
    "You merely adopted the dark. I was born in it,..." -Bane

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Whose Yur Planner View post
    I like the fact that she's become more than am one note, agent of chaos and destruction character. How do y'all like the suburban, yuppie couple?
    Taking over as a drug dealer because, ultimately, it's in the best interest of the kids and their school? Why the heck not!

The urban vs. suburban interplay is freaking hilarious...
    I found you a new motto from a sign hanging on their wall…"Drink coffee: do stupid things faster and with more energy"

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.
    Not binge watching, but I have been watching Alone on History Channel (Free on Apple TV). It is survior without the script, the stupid challenges, drama, or other people voting you off the island. You get dropped off in a rural along the Canadian Pacific, closest competitor is several miles away, and you try to see how long you can survive in the wild. When your done, you call for a rescue on a Sat phone. Most were gone in a week. Last 2 have been there for a month and half.

Oh, and the contestant is their own camera man too.
    If you want different results in your life, you need to do different things than you have done in the past. Change is that simple.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Kicking it back to my childhood. When I was a youngster, "The Wild, Wild West" was my favorite TV show. I found a DVD set of all four seasons. Fun stuff- so cheesy now but when I was a kid, it was the best. Loved Dr. Miguelito Loveless as their sometimes nemesis. Michael Dunn was a fine actor and brought much to the role.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Jan 2009
    My kids have discovered binge watching. They like to sit and watch Good Luck Charlie and other Disney shows that no longer air. Granted they can only binge for about an hour before they get bored and go do something else.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Registered
    Apr 2014
    I started watching Peaky Blinders on Netflix last night at the recommendation of a friend, and I am pretty interested thus far. Here's to hoping that it can keep up momentum.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    on season 8 of Murdoch Mysteries
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 2007
    BoJack Horseman anybody?

I cannot get the closing credits theme song out of my head.

1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    currently working on Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee - it's great stuff

Registered
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    BoJack Horseman anybody?

I cannot get the closing credits theme song out of my head.
    I've only seen a handful of episodes in the first season and was so-so on it, but I've heard great things about season 2 and am thinking of giving it another go.

Registered
    May 2015

Wayward Pines

Wayward Pines is a show I discovered because my daughter was watching it. It is based off of a book.... apparently it is only one season. You MUST watch from the beginning, the stoy line is very important. Its kinda of a sci-fy type of show. I really enjoy watching this show!

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by Nero View post
    Wayward Pines is a show I discovered because my daughter was watching it. It is based off of a book.... apparently it is only one season. You MUST watch from the beginning, the stoy line is very important. Its kinda of a sci-fy type of show. I really enjoy watching this show!
    I'm liking this on Hulu right now myself. I'm only two episodes in but really liked them both.
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Mar 2007
    We really liked Wayward Pines as well. I've read that Fox is considering a second season but I hope they don't. I hate when they take a series that was originally supposed to be just one season and then decide to renew it and drag it out for a slow death (I'm looking at you Under the Dome!).
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Netflix....

The Honourable Woman miniseries featuring Maggie Gyllenhall. Incredibly well done.

Narcos, which chronicles the rise and fall of Pablo Escobar, king of the Colombian cocaine cartels.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    currently working on Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee - it's great stuff
    I watch this on a more hit-or-miss basis. Loved most of what I've seen, but don't feel bad about missing others.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Ha

Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    We really liked Wayward Pines as well. I've read that Fox is considering a second season but I hope they don't. I hate when they take a series that was originally supposed to be just one season and then decide to renew it and drag it out for a slow death (I'm looking at you Under the Dome!).
    Under the Dome sucks....Didn't watch this last bit......lame. Stupid business plan and obvious attempt to suck the life....ah....money out of us.

Watch The Brink on HBO......awesome!
    “The way of acquiescence leads to moral and spiritual suicide. The way of violence leads to bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers. But, the way of non-violence leads to redemption and the creation of the beloved community.”
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    - See more at: http://www.thekingcenter.org/king-ph....r7W02j3S.dpuf

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    Well you guys peaked my curiosity and I watched Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. Pretty good stuff.

Well now I started down the Netflix hole and found "Doc Martin" and "Death In Paradise" - great British comedy
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post

Well now I started down the Netflix hole and found "Doc Martin" and "Death In Paradise" - great British comedy
    I'm waiting for Season 4 of Death in Paradise - I love that show!

I started How I Met your Mother before the holiday and am halfway through season 1. I like it a lot - several LOLs - but don't know how they sustain it for 7 or 8 seasons.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Quote Originally posted by Bubba View post
    Taking over as a drug dealer because, ultimately, it's in the best interest of the kids and their school? Why the heck not!

The urban vs. suburban interplay is freaking hilarious...
    The easter eggs they keep dropping are great as well. Did you catch the "Don't Panic" coffee mug Alison had? That was a nice call out to Hitchhikers's Guide to the Galaxy.
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Just finished "Call the Midwife" or at least the seasons that are available through streaming.

Forgot to mention "Transparent". Hubby and I watched that this past winter? and enjoyed it. Really makes you think about family roles and related family baggage.

Started "Person of Interest" last night.

With work, home, school, and play our binge-ing amounts to 1 episode a night and maybe 2 on a weekend night.
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends. -Martin Luther King Jr.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Just started "Sherlock" starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman as Holmes & Watson. I had heard this BBC produced show got all kinds of awards, and now I see why! After watching just the first episode I'm already an addict.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

+ Reply to thread
Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 13 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. What shows do you watch?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 26
    Last post: 04 Jan 2014, 11:37 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 14 Aug 2012, 12:33 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last post: 09 Sep 2011, 3:50 PM