Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

Thread: List your recent and current binge watch (streaming shows) here

Registered
    Aug 2001
    Over the past few days I watched quite a few episodes of Twin Peaks. What a trip, makes no sense, plot lines seem to exist for the sole purpose of writing new episodes.

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    season 2 of Netflix's The Blacklist is up - woohoo!

Registered
    Mar 2007
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Just started "Sherlock" starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman as Holmes & Watson. I had heard this BBC produced show got all kinds of awards, and now I see why! After watching just the first episode I'm already an addict.
    We plowed through all the episodes of that one pretty quickly earlier this year. The sadness haunts me that we still have months to go before new episodes come out.
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Just started "Sherlock" starring Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman as Holmes & Watson. I had heard this BBC produced show got all kinds of awards, and now I see why! After watching just the first episode I'm already an addict.
    Nice counter point to Elementary, different takes on the same character
    When did I go from Luke Skywalker to Obi-Wan Kenobi?

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by Whose Yur Planner View post
    Nice counter point to Elementary, different takes on the same character
    Though both are set in contemporary times, Elementary takes a less traditional take on the characters
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Got Season 1 of Married from the library and my wife and I are currently bingeing it.

It's pretty good if a bit depressing. But depressing in a more realistic/normal/believable/identifiable and very self aware way.

I recommend it.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Every day is today. Yesterday is a myth and tomorrow an illusion.

You know...for kids.

Registered
    Jan 2009
    Catching the latest netflix season of Walking Dead and starting in on Dark Matter.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Working my way through Blacklist currently... then on to Narcos.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Finished Sherlock last night and am moving on to the last season of 24
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Mar 2005
    In a 480 square foot ex baseball nacho stand
    I'm in the middle of season 2 of Death In Paradise.

Pretty good show, scenery, humor, mystery, twists, but I just realized something - there sure are a lot of murders in this tiny Caribbean island, at least one or two a week (an episode). It is the main premise for the show, hence the name I guess. But not a good marketing plan for tourism.
    "Whatever beer I'm drinking, is better than the one I'm not." DMLW
    "Budweiser sells a product they reflectively insist on calling beer." John Oliver

Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by Planit View post
    ...there sure are a lot of murders in this tiny Caribbean island, at least one or two a week (an episode). It is the main premise for the show, hence the name I guess. But not a good marketing plan for tourism.
    Analogous to the theory that Jessica Fletcher was the Angel of Death.

You know...for kids.

Registered
    Mar 2007
    My wife suggested we watch You're The Worst a few months ago. We watched the first two episodes together and neither of us really cared for it and all the rest of the episodes from season 1 just sat in our DVR. We needed to clear some space last week and I was about to delete them all but decided to start watching them again as season 2 had just started and I kept reading good things about it. After getting past those first 2 episodes I was hooked. The two main characters are truly in contention for the worst people on earth but the supporting characters are generally pretty good (or at least infinitely more likable in the awfulness). I have one more episode to watch from season 1 so I can start season 2.
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Suburb Repairman View post
    Working my way through Blacklist currently... then on to Narcos.
    Isn't Blacklist awesome?

I just started The Follower - it's very creepy and violent but it's a good thriller

Registered
    May 2003
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    My wife suggested we watch You're The Worst a few months ago. We watched the first two episodes together and neither of us really cared for it and all the rest of the episodes from season 1 just sat in our DVR. We needed to clear some space last week and I was about to delete them all but decided to start watching them again as season 2 had just started and I kept reading good things about it. After getting past those first 2 episodes I was hooked. The two main characters are truly in contention for the worst people on earth but the supporting characters are generally pretty good (or at least infinitely more likable in the awfulness). I have one more episode to watch from season 1 so I can start season 2.
    I have Season 1 on hold at the Library for my wife and I. Glad to hear more good reviews/opinions about it.

You know...for kids.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Finished Season 1 of Foyle's War last night.

Registered
    Jun 2004
    I just finished up 5 seasons of walking dead. I kinda wish I would have read the comic instead because it would have paced myself more due to the price per comic. I understand it's a slightly different story line but I don't know if there would be enough difference to maintain my interest. I don't think I'll binge watch anything for a while.

Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    Isn't Blacklist awesome?

I just started The Follower - it's very creepy and violent but it's a good thriller
    I don't want to like The Blacklist, but it is great. Red's moral ambiguity is both the most disturbing and yet the best part of the show. Blindside is another show which is proving pretty interesting. However, there are a couple of story threads they need to drop.

Registered
    Jun 2009
    The wife and I have 4 episodes left of Season 2 of Outlander. It's been awesome so far. Love the "time traveler lost in a different time" and having to adapt aspect of it mixed in with a good dose of history and some gratuitous sex and violence. Not bad.
    "When life gives you lemons, just say 'No thanks'." - Henry Rollins

moderator in moderation Suburb Repairman's avatar
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    I don't want to like The Blacklist, but it is great. Red's moral ambiguity is both the most disturbing and yet the best part of the show.
    I'm enjoying it immensely. I have always liked shows in which there are few, if any, clearly good guys. I'm not 100% sure Red is a hero, or Keen, for that matter, but I prefer deeply flawed protagonists like them.

"Oh, that is all well and good, but, voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same way in any country."

- Herman Göring at the Nuremburg trials (thoughts on democracy)

Registered
    Aug 2005
    finishing up Kenneth Branagh's Wallander and loved it

loved Legends, bloodline, the fall, master of none, the killing and alphas

came in here to see what I should watch next

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Hubby and I are into The Man in the High Castle - about halfway through. So far so great!

I hear good things about Vikings, but didn't see it last time I checked Netflix. I think it's on it's 4th season??

Stay away from Reign, a very fictionalized retelling of Mary, Queen of Scots. So bad that I was waiting for someone to whip out a cell phone from their bodice, or see a wristwatch during a awful sword fight. But I do have to admit, the guy playing Sebastian (Bash) is HOT!! I stopped about 5 episodes in - it didn't get any better, and in some ways was worse than the pilot lead me to believe.

During the Christmas lull, I'm thinking of watching The Wire. Another old show that I really liked was Homicide: Life on the Street(s), also set in Baltimore. Great actors, good writing, realistic story arcs.

Recently listened to Seth McFarlane talking about the science of Family Guy with Neil DeGrass Tyson. I may have to start watching FG again!

Hubby liked Narcos.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Working my way through The Last Kingdom, based on the Bernard Cornwell series. It's set in early British history, when the Vikings or Danes nearly snuffed out England. Sal, I think it's the third season. The most reason season focused on the Viking attack on Paris if that helps.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Working my way through The Last Kingdom, based on the Bernard Cornwell series. It's set in early British history, when the Vikings or Danes nearly snuffed out England. Sal, I think it's the third season. The most reason season focused on the Viking attack on Paris if that helps.
    I will look again with the correct name!
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Quote Originally posted by Salmissra View post
    I will look again with the correct name!
    The Last Kingdom is a different series on BBC. I download it on iTunes Vikings is on the History channel and just finish the third season. Sorry for the confusion.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Vikings is a History Channel show and all three seasons are available on Amazon Prime. One of the best shows ever in my opinion.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

+ Reply to thread
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 14 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. What shows do you watch?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 26
    Last post: 04 Jan 2014, 11:37 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 14 Aug 2012, 12:33 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last post: 09 Sep 2011, 3:50 PM