Registered
    Jun 2003
    Reruns of Blue Bloods

Super Moderator luckless pedestrian's avatar
    Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    Reruns of Blue Bloods
    My Mom got me watching that show and I love it too!

You can stream this season thus far on cbs.com

Registered
    Oct 2001
    The 100... the whole family likes it. That's a rare thing in my house.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Aug 2005
    just finished persons unknown and starting fringe

Registered
    Mar 2007
    My wife and I watched Aziz Ansari's Master of None this past weekend and really liked it. I know his shtick rubs many folks the wrong way, but I enjoy it.
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Registered
    Aug 2005
    Quote Originally posted by WSU MUP Student View post
    My wife and I watched Aziz Ansari's Master of None this past weekend and really liked it. I know his shtick rubs many folks the wrong way, but I enjoy it.
    I loved it too - he is very talented

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

YES!

Quote Originally posted by Salmissra View post
    Hubby and I are into The Man in the High Castle - about halfway through. So far so great!
    Superior production quality, great adaptation of a VERY difficult book to turn into a mini-series, great directing, outstanding acting and period clothing and set work is amazing. Very high 90's rating on Amazon for a good reason.
    I really need to dig my first edition of the book out of the box and display that sucker in the bookshelf. My favorite alternate fiction/sci-fi book.
    “The way of acquiescence leads to moral and spiritual suicide. The way of violence leads to bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers. But, the way of non-violence leads to redemption and the creation of the beloved community.”
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    - See more at: http://www.thekingcenter.org/king-ph....r7W02j3S.dpuf

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Finished Man in the High Castle - excellent! Season 2 will hopefully be as good or better.

Last night we started Making a Murderer. It doesn't take long into the first episode before you just have this sinking feeling in your gut that the story is not going to end well.

Spent the rainy, cold day yesterday watching the rest of Season 8 of How I met Your Mother.

In between errands and holiday stuff I watched some current shows I had recorded. I'm caught up on Hawaii 5-0 (great eye candy!), NCIS, and Elementary.
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Started 'Enterprise' yesterday
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Jun 2009
    After catching up on Outlander, my wife and I were looking for a new series to binge watch. Heard good things about Orange is the New Black and watched the first couple episodes last night. I can already tell it's going to be a good one!
    "When life gives you lemons, just say 'No thanks'." - Henry Rollins

Registered
    Mar 2007
    This weekend I watched the Netflix original show F is for Family. It's a very raunchy animated sitcom set in the 1970s. I found it pretty amusing. I wish it were more than 6 episodes long though as I got through it pretty quickly.
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Jessica Jones, started and finished. I have accomplished little else around the house in the last week.
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally posted by Habanero View post
    Jessica Jones, started and finished. I have accomplished little else around the house in the last week.
    Is this good? I keep seeing it promoted and wondering if I want to watch it or not.....
    "...I would never try to tick Hink off. He kinda intimidates me. He's quite butch, you know." - Maister

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.
    New Yankee Workshop (On youtube)
    If you want different results in your life, you need to do different things than you have done in the past. Change is that simple.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Junior has been binge watching Netflix produced 'Richie Rich'. I saw one episode with him and the show has the look and feel of a really bad 1980's sitcom.
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Quote Originally posted by ursus View post
    Is this good? I keep seeing it promoted and wondering if I want to watch it or not.....
    I liked it, it probably won't win any awards but it was entertaining enough that I put my phone down for it.
    When Jesus said "love your enemies", he probably didn't mean kill them.

Registered
    Dec 2005
    Blog entries
    Making a Murderer on Netflix. If you liked NPR's Serial podcast you would definitely like this.
    "He defended the cause of the poor and needy, and so all went well. Is that not what it means to know me?" Jeremiah 22:16

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.
    Quote Originally posted by kjel View post
    Making a Murderer on Netflix. If you liked NPR's Serial podcast you would definitely like this.
    I watched a few episodes of that, but it is weird for me because I have been to Manitowoc WI several times, and I think I may have purchased a car door from this guys family in the early 90's when I was fixing up my first car. My sister and I were talking about it and we remember the original local news broadcasts of when he got out of jail because Fox 11 out of green bay is the Fox affiliate in the southern part of the Central UP.

On a side note, we broke down, bought a Roku 3 and got Amazon prime. The wife and I watched all of the first season of Man in the High Castle in 4 days.
    If you want different results in your life, you need to do different things than you have done in the past. Change is that simple.

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Blog entries
    Quote Originally posted by Maister View post
    Started 'Enterprise' yesterday
    "Enterprise" is my favorite of the Star Trek series. It is grittier. Things don't run smoothly always. The story arcs are great. The only Trek series with a theme song.

What I am binge watching now is "Republic of Doyle." Which is a comedy-crime series of a family of private detectives in Newfoundland. What makes the show doubly interesting is the predominance of Newfie dialect by actors from Newfoundland. The Newfie accent is very interesting, still flavors of Irish in it. The police constable has a delightful accent and she is lovely, as well.
    "I am very good at reading women, but I get into trouble for using the Braille method."

~ Otterpop ~

Registered
    Jan 2006
    I admit I never really got into Seinfeld but man I am laughing my azz off now

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally posted by otterpop View post
    "Enterprise" is my favorite of the Star Trek series. It is grittier. Things don't run smoothly always. The story arcs are great. The only Trek series with a theme song.

What I am binge watching now is "Republic of Doyle." Which is a comedy-crime series of a family of private detectives in Newfoundland. What makes the show doubly interesting is the predominance of Newfie dialect by actors from Newfoundland. The Newfie accent is very interesting, still flavors of Irish in it. The police constable has a delightful accent and she is lovely, as well.
    There is one thing in the Star Trek universe that I have gotten mortally tired of and that's the 'impromptu technological solution gambit' ("oh no that [insert threat] is going to destroy us....what if we were to invert the phase coils and direct a stream of tachyon particles at the source we might be able to break free if the polarity changes....") I understand the importance of this premise for a show depicting humans as 'can-do' creatures who use logic to solve their problems but it has been overdone to death. Enterprise has this as well, but so far not as much as shows like TNG (and yes Wesley Crusher was often the guilty party).
    If you like "Republic of Doyle" I assume you like "Murdoch Mysteries." If you've not seen the show you should. I believe It's the top-rated show in Canada, and for good reason. It's a (usually light hearted) crime drama set in Toronto during the 1890's.

Registered
    Jun 2004
    I am on a hiatus from Death in Paradise because the wife wanted to watch Longmire together. I just wanted to finish all four seasons by September when the 5th season should be released. We watched the first three episodes together. She had a sleepless night and a day off. She is now through the first three seasons. I guess we may watch the season 5 together. It's a refreshing change of pace from the typical crime drama that's set in a urban locale.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    Been watching "Leverage" the last couple weeks. Great show

Unfrozen Caveman Planner mendelman's avatar
    Registered
    May 2003
    Waiting for the 2nd season of Fargo to get to DVD so I can grab it from the Library.
    I'm sorry. Is my bias showing?

Every day is today. Yesterday is a myth and tomorrow an illusion.

You know...for kids.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Quote Originally posted by luckless pedestrian View post
    just finished persons unknown and starting fringe
    Oooh, loved Fringe. We were on a JJ Abrams kick for a while. Watch all his stuff together; you can see the same themes in everything he does.

I'm working through Castle right now. It's not on netflix but we're trying to beat the on-demand/dvr system. They show reruns all the time. When I saw that Season 1 was coming on again, I told the dvr to tape every episode from every channel. The trick is to watch enough every night to not go over 100% on the dvr. We were at 96% last night.
    How do I know you are who you think you are?

+ Reply to thread
Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 15 ... LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. What shows do you watch?
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 26
    Last post: 04 Jan 2014, 11:37 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 14 Aug 2012, 12:33 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last post: 09 Sep 2011, 3:50 PM