Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Gonna be here next week

Registered
    Mar 2002

Gonna be here next week

Ok for US folks who all is gonna be around to keep me company next week? Im only off Thusday and Friday

lets have some fun-i think i am gonna need it with the 2 staff reports im working on

wheeeeeeeeee
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Feb 2002
    I'll be here until Wednesday at noon, and probably pretty bored. It will be SO slow - I think that more than half of our staff will be on vacation.

((It must be that lazy government worker mentality))

:p

Registered
    Mar 2002
    lol lazy worker-not for me, i have a pile of stuff and i said id stay here over the various holidays becouse i cant go see my family anyway.

let the folks with kids etc have the time off and ill hold the fort. good to know i wont be alone

d
    "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." Ben Franklin

Remember this motto to live by: "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO- HOO what a ride!'"

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I'll be working through Thursday, with Friday off. I'll try to entertain, even though I don't live in the US anymore.
    Last edited by nerudite; 22 Nov 2002 at 11:31 AM.

Registered
    Dec 2001

Re: Gonna be here next week

Originally posted by PlannerGirl

lets have some fun-

wheeeeeeeeee
    Ummm...I'll be here. Now what did you have in mind

Registered
    Oct 2001
    I'll be here... well, the body will be.

This afternoon might be a different story.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Mar 2002
    Go enjoy the hot springs Mastiff-we are ALL jelous esp here in the cold wet mid atlantic

Registered
    Oct 2001
    I actually have important meetings next week. I'll be here until Wednesday.

maudit anglais
    Registered
    May 1997
    What, Canadians aren't entertaining enough for you PG?

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I-ll be here - sort of. I already have most of Monday booked with meetings or conference calls, and a long, long meeting from 10 AM to 3 PM on Tuesday. But I will check in as much as I can.

I think we need Mastiff to coordinate the first-ever Cyburbia Hot Springs Hop this winter. We will all fly out to Oregon and travel the Cascades from pool to pool. The purpose is, er, water quality, tourism, recreational, and other planning research. It should therefore be company-funded. Yeah, that's it. An education and training expenditure.

Registered
    Oct 2000
    I'm out Wednesday for med. testing and then will spend the rest of the week stuffing my face, er... i mean recuperating, at my mom's house. yay!

On a related note, my boss typically takes the entire month of November off, since we get 4 holidays, that's almost a free week!

Registered
    Aug 2001
    We're here Monday - Wednesday. Should be a quiet week, with all the contractors and developers gone for deer hunting.

Registered
    Oct 2001
    Originally posted by Michael Stumpf

I think we need Mastiff to coordinate the first-ever Cyburbia Hot Springs Hop this winter. We will all fly out to Oregon and travel the Cascades from pool to pool. The purpose is, er, water quality, tourism, recreational, and other planning research. It should therefore be company-funded. Yeah, that's it. An education and training expenditure.
    I know where they all are!

I might head over to the Umpqua... it's about an hour from here, then a half mile hike. Now THAT is an experience. Check this out...

"Carved out of a colorful travertine deposit, this spring is perched 150 feet above the North Umpqua River on Hwy. 138. A rustic shelter and deck offer broad views of North Umpqua Canyon."

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I've been to Umpqua and did not think that the spring itself was that great, although it was crowded and I had to use one of the pools off to the side. The setting was nice, though. On another trip I did not find Bigelow, but was amazed at the beauty of the McKenzie River. I have tried several of California's undeveloped hot springs, but was not overly impressed. The same is true for Colorado. There is a nice one at the base of a waterfall in a national forest outside of Jackson, Wyoming. There is also a good one in Olympic National Park. Of course for wilderness hot spring experiences, the best I have had is Bagby.

Registered
    Oct 2001

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    I'll be here, and so will Mom. She's coming up from Buffalo to help me pack.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Put-In-Bay, Gonna Have A Good Time
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 27
    Last post: 29 Aug 2011, 8:25 AM
  2. But I'm Gonna Miss Metrosexual...
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 02 Jan 2004, 12:27 PM
  3. You're Gonna Die! [Temp 1]
    Friday Afternoon Club