Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Local Views

Local Views

I don't think that I have posted any local images from my area yet. Well, here is my little corner of the world.
    A word to the wise ain't necessary. It's the stupid ones that need the advice.
    --Bill Cosby

Can someone tell me how to post more than one picture per message?

Thanks
    --Bill Cosby

Registered
    Dec 2001
    Nice streetscape I guess, got any more?

Registered
    Mar 1996
    Blog entries
    Originally posted by jestes
    Can someone tell me how to post more than one picture per message?
    Store the images on a Web site that you might have, and insert a reference to them using vB Code ... see http://www.cyburbia.org/forums/misc....&action=bbcode .

I'd refer you to the Cyburbia Gallery ... you can still upload images and refer to their URLs in your posts here, but the thumbnail feature is broken for now.
    Growth for growth's sake is the ideology of the cancer cell. -- Edward Abbey

Originally posted by Mike DeVuono
    Nice streetscape I guess, got any more?
    Thanks Mike, I do have several more. Check out my gallery. I still have a few more to post there. This particular image is downtown Hattiesburg. The building in the foreground is my office building (Chancery Court Facility). The view is south on Main Street. Hattiesburg has a very nice downtown, we have worked hard in the last few years revitalizing. Several new restaurants have opened recently as well as a good grouping of art galleries.
    --Bill Cosby

Well, the gallery is still sporadic. Here is another:
    --Bill Cosby

Registered
    Aug 2001

My little corner

This area is about to undergo a 2 year street reconstruction project, widening to 4 through lanes and turning lanes. Streetscaping and landscpaing are in the works, including burying all the overhead utilties. Should be fun...

Here are a couple more. The first is looking the opposite way down Main Street. The foreground is obvious. The background is the Federal Building and the City's Cultural Center.

The next image is the Forrest County Circuit Courthouse, Circa 1907.
    --Bill Cosby

Forrest County Courthouse
    --Bill Cosby

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 5
    Last post: 01 Mar 2007, 9:33 AM
  2. Planning for local business/ local agriculture
    Economic and Community Development
    Replies: 6
    Last post: 19 Jul 2006, 12:10 PM
  3. Source of views?
    Cyburbia Issues and Help
    Replies: 0