Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Planner in Court - Vermont Supreme Court Orders Hearing for Fired Montpelier City Planner

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003

Planner in Court - Vermont Supreme Court Orders Hearing for Fired Montpelier City Planner

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Hallsmith claims she was fired because she advocated for a public banking system in Vermont and ran up against the interests of Mayor John Hollar, who is a lobbyist for commercial banks.
    Sounds pretty bonkers to me but this is par for the course in Vermont.

Registered
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally posted by JNA View post
    Link takes me to a sign in page. Was able to get around that, but could not find the article within three clicks. Can you quote it please?
    "We do not need any other Tutankhamun's tomb with all its treasures. We need context. We need understanding. We need knowledge of historical events to tie them together. We don't know much. Of course we know a lot, but it is context that's missing, not treasures." - Werner Herzog, in Archaeology, March/April 2011

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003
    Last edited by JNA; 28 Jun 2015 at 6:21 AM.

Registered
    Jan 2009
    Sounds like another hippie liberal planner. When will we learn to bow down to the corporations and the mayors and lobbyists in their pockets?
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Registered
    May 2006
    This seems very odd. I think I would probably just move on if it were me. I would not want to work in a place I am not wanted. I cannot imagine what it would be like for her if she is reinstated. Hoping she gets here due process.

Registered
    Apr 2014
    Quote Originally posted by Ryoohki17 View post
    This seems very odd. I think I would probably just move on if it were me. I would not want to work in a place I am not wanted. I cannot imagine what it would be like for her if she is reinstated. Hoping she gets here due process.
    ^This. I completely understand wanting to be vindicated and have due process, but in the end I wouldn't personally want to go back to that environment. I'd much rather be compensated for the wasted time, misinformation, and mental/emotional burden and then get out of dodge.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Weird how some planners think they should be carrying the torch for causes completely unrelated to their job.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 5
    Last post: 13 Apr 2015, 10:13 AM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last post: 08 Jul 2013, 11:55 AM
  3. Supreme Court Openings
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 19
    Last post: 05 Jul 2005, 8:12 PM
  4. Replies: 24
    Last post: 20 May 2002, 7:04 PM