Urban planning community

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Regional Planning Formats

Registered
    Nov 2002
    Somewhere between hard left and hard libertarian

Regional Planning Formats

Hey everyone!

I was wondering if anyone out there knew where I might be able to download information on how to put together a regional plan; what to include in it, the format, etc (referably in html or .pdf format). I am a planner currently working as a Peace Corps Volunteer. I can lecture my organization and community into an anuerism, but feel if I can give them something to review or a reference for them, it would be more helpful and sustainable after I am gone...which is in 3 months. Any leads? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks again.
    Jesse Ventura in 2012!

"Inside every small problem is a big one trying to get government funding"

Registered
    Aug 2001
    With all of the plans available over the Internet, your best bet may be to spend a few hours searching and looking over several until you find some that are well written and perhaps similar to the situation you are dealing with (climate, terrain, economic conditions, etc.). Just model yours after what other people have done.

Registered
    Nov 2001
    Originally posted by Michael Stumpf
    With all of the plans available over the Internet, your best bet may be to spend a few hours searching and looking over several until you find some that are well written and perhaps similar to the situation you are dealing with (climate, terrain, economic conditions, etc.). Just model yours after what other people have done.
    To steal from one is plagiarism, to steal from many is research.
    "Dear Prudence...won't you open up your eyes? "

Registered
    May 1997
    I would root around the web sites of some of the more interesting regional organizations in the US - ABAG - Association of Bay Area Governments in California; CRCOG - Capitol Region Council of Governments (in Hartford, CN); the Metro Council of the Twin Cities region in MN, etc.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Resume formats...
    Career Development and Advice
    Replies: 15
    Last post: 16 Jul 2009, 4:55 PM
  2. VHS/DVD formats
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 12
    Last post: 07 Jan 2008, 3:24 PM
  3. State planning versus local/regional planning
    Career Development and Advice