Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread

Thread: Rural transit education programs for children?

Registered
    Feb 2012

Rural transit education programs for children?

I'm looking to implement a program in our local schools that teaches kids how to use our rural transit system, and am looking for materials to inspiration and ideas. I'm finding plenty of transit education toolkits for urban systems, but none for rural systems. Does anyone run a program such as this, or know of resources? No sense in re-inventing the wheel.

Registered
    Mar 2005
    Since you've gotten no responses yet to this post, I am assuming that no one had a rural transit education program like the one you're describing. But I'm sure you can adjust the urban education toolkit to work for you.

What makes the rural different from the urban? Well, number of stops, intensity of stops, obviously streetscape, ridership. If you've got a good rural system that warrants such an education program, I say you're ahead of the game already!

I imagine you could work your way through an urban transit toolkit and you'd likely not have to change a ton to make it work for your community. I'd be interested to see what you come up with.
    How do I know you are who you think you are?

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 10
    Last post: 28 Dec 2013, 1:01 PM
  2. Research - bicycle education programs
    Transportation Planning
    Replies: 3
    Last post: 01 Nov 2013, 1:36 PM
  3. Replies: 5
    Last post: 05 Dec 2010, 1:28 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last post: 15 Oct 2004, 4:21 PM