+ Reply to thread

Thread: Infographic: One iconic tv show for (almost) every state

Cyburbian Plus
    Registered
    Jun 2003

Infographic: One iconic tv show for (almost) every state

Registered
    Jun 2011
    "Gullah Gullah Island", a children's television show from '94-'98 took place on a fictional barrier island off the coast of South Carolina. One episode even had them visiting the mainland and going to Charleston.

The movie and subsequent TV show of "Jumanji" was based in the fictional town of Brantford, New Hampshire. Also, the mostly terrible Cartoon Network show "Assy McGee" was based in a town called Exeter, New Hampshire. Assy McGee was one of the single worst animated shows ever made and followed a tough guy police detective that is just a pair of legs and an ass.

West Virginia had that show "Buckwild" which was a reality show bout a bunch of drunk sexually promiscuous teenagers. It lasted like one season. You might remember reading in the news several years ago that one of the main guys in the show, Shain Gandee, died of accidental CO poisoning after their SUV became stuck in the mud. They kept it running to keep warm at night and the CO came through a broken back window and killed him and 2 other people.

Registered
    Jan 2009
    For once Kansas comes out looking good. Arizona on the other hand must have something better than Alice? It was a funny show, but I just want more. Maybe that one about the psychic detective. She was from Phoenix. Then again, maybe not.
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

Registered
    Feb 2004
    They obviously filmed Gomer Pyle USMC in California, but if Gomer was from Mayberry, NC he almost certainly would have been assigned to MCRD Parris Island, SC
    People will miss that it once meant something to be Southern or Midwestern. It doesn't mean much now, except for the climate. The question, “Where are you from?” doesn't lead to anything odd or interesting. They live somewhere near a Gap store, and what else do you need to know? - Garrison Keillor

Registered
    Aug 2001
    I think Florida would be better represented by Miami Vice or Flipper rather than The Golden Girls.
    Habitual Offender

Registered
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally posted by Richmond Jake View post
    I think Florida would be better represented by Miami Vice or Flipper rather than The Golden Girls.
    I don't know, Golden Girls seems to represent parts of Florida fairly well. Miami Vice only represents Miami.

Looking at California, there has to be something better than the Hillbillies. I know it's an iconic show, but how about Chips? Ponch is pure California. Maybe Baywatch?
    I don't pretend to understand Brannigan's Law. I merely enforce it.

+ Reply to thread

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 97
    Last post: 21 Sep 2012, 10:37 AM
  2. The State of the Union Show
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 35
    Last post: 27 Jan 2011, 7:26 PM
  3. Replies: 35
    Last post: 06 Jan 2010, 3:20 PM
  4. Replies: 4
    Last post: 04 Oct 2008, 1:16 PM