Urban planning community | #theplannerlife

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: FANTASY FOOTBALL 2016

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Cyburbias Brewpub, best seat in the haus!

FANTASY FOOTBALL 2016

Hello All!

It's time to start thinking Fantasy Football again for 2016.

I am IN!

We do need to make some changes in how players are switched in and out of our lineup this year. Currently, you can decide to pick up a player of waivers. To do so, you have to drop a player. That would be fine if the player to be dropped only occurred if the added player were successful. This does not happen. Whatever we have for a waiver system does not work. What does happen, is you loose a player and you don't have a player added. Meaning you may need to add 1 or 2 additional players of worse value.

We need to make it so that your adds and drops take place right then and there. If your late to the party you will just have to adjust.
    I can't deliver UTOPIA, but I can create a HELL for you to LIVE in :)DoD:(

Registered
    Jun 2011
    I'm in. Hopefully my team stays together through the end this year. I was unstoppable until the final 4 weeks of the season and fell apart.

Registered
    Apr 2003
    Somewhere between the mountains and the ocean.
    I am in.
    If you want different results in your life, you need to do different things than you have done in the past. Change is that simple.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    I'm in as well, but don't agree with ditching the waiver process. You cannot be able to add and drop players while the games are in progress. Perhaps we simply add a roster spot, that you can choose to leave empty if you want that flexibility?
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally posted by giff57 View post
    I'm in as well, but don't agree with ditching the waiver process. You cannot be able to add and drop players while the games are in progress. Perhaps we simply add a roster spot, that you can choose to leave empty if you want that flexibility?
    I don't think that's what Duke is saying. The way our system is set up is that to add a player you need to drop one, which is standard. However, if a waiver claim comes in ahead of yours for the same player, you don't get the new player and lose your dropped player too. This isn't really standard, no league I've ever played besides this one does that.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    Quote Originally posted by AG74683 View post
    I don't think that's what Duke is saying. The way our system is set up is that to add a player you need to drop one, which is standard. However, if a waiver claim comes in ahead of yours for the same player, you don't get the new player and lose your dropped player too. This isn't really standard, no league I've ever played besides this one does that.
    I don't think that is the way it worked for me, but perhaps I always had someone crappy enough to drop that I didn't care. I also would que 3-4 adds with the same drop, so I always got an add with my drop.

I do not see a setting that would change how the waiver process works.
    “As soon as public service ceases to be the chief business of the citizens, and they would rather serve with their money than with their persons, the State is not far from its fall”
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Yeah....

I'm in!! At some point I'll stop being the bridesmaid
    “The way of acquiescence leads to moral and spiritual suicide. The way of violence leads to bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers. But, the way of non-violence leads to redemption and the creation of the beloved community.”
    Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
    - See more at: http://www.thekingcenter.org/king-ph....r7W02j3S.dpuf

Registered
    Oct 2001
    I'm in... send everyone an email when the draft will be held.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    C'mon and get me you twist of fate
    I'm standing right here Mr. Destiny
    If you want to talk well then I'll relate
    If you don't so what cause you don't scare me

Registered
    Jul 2003
    The waiver process will not let you pick up a player that has already played or is in the middle of the game.

It only allows you to pick up a player that has not played for the week, or that can be slotted into a position before that player starts.

My reference is to the stupidity of a system where I have to drop a player and hope that the player I did pick to exchange him for isn't taken away AFTER I already tried to put him on my roster. The result being that I am now down a player that someone could have picked up and put on another roster. Finding that out 1 to 4 days later is BS. If the Drop/Add for that player did not work, the player should not be dropped.

The fix for the problem is to just make roster swaps of players effective immediately.

Trust me, there is a setting for that. I run a different league and I know EXACTLY where it is. I am willing to Commish the league if need be. 2 is no harder to run than 1.

Also, we should vastly pump up the points for our defensive players as well as mess with the yardage points for QB's, RB's, WR's, and everyone else. We have a REALLY point stingy leaugue for some reason, making it harder to catch up and/or making average players incapable of doing much.

Registered
    Jul 1998
    I do not have commissioner access so Hink will have to take a look at it. I never had the problem you describe, probably because I generally identify several players to add, rank them and pick the same player to drop. I may lose the first pick, but apparently I have always got someone.
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Jan 2005
    I will look at it. I was thinking we draft around the week of August 15th?
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Quote Originally posted by giff57 View post
    I do not have commissioner access so Hink will have to take a look at it. I never had the problem you describe, probably because I generally identify several players to add, rank them and pick the same player to drop. I may lose the first pick, but apparently I have always got someone.
    Short of a player who has been injured so they are out for the season, ranking players may make sense. However, after the 6 to 8 week period, you no longer have access to players who are much better. You may need to pick up a player who is marginally better. In reality, if you don't get that player, the next one down will not perform better than the one you would loose. So a team can get stuck if they are in the middle. You can't improve because you don't get the new player, and then you get worse because somebody picks up the player you were forced to release.

ALSO, we should make some changes to our point system. Our league is incredibly stingy with points. We could really open up on the defensive player side. We only get to play 4 so lets let them score points. As of right now, if your player has a monster game, you might score 7.29 points.

Registered
    Feb 2003
    Hi all,

I'm out this year. Thanks and good luck!

Plankton

Registered
    Jun 2011
    Any idea as to when the draft is going to be? I have one on the 14th which I don't care for. I really hate doing drafts before training camp is over. Last year I lost Kelvin Benjamin and had to scramble for a subpar WR which really sucked.

Cyburbian
    Registered
    Nov 2009
    I'm pretty sure I played last year (Duany Bees). I'll bow out this year. I haven't been following Cyburbia much these days with real life getting in the way, and in general fantasy football isn't as fun for me as it used to be, except for the negative performance fantasy league I'm running at work. (Blake Bortles projected to score the most points again this year!)

Registered
    Jul 2003
    SEE NEW THREAD IN CYBURBIA FANTASY FOOTBALL!

I AM SEIZING CONTROL!

WE WILL GET THIS SEASON ROLLING!

Registered
    Dec 2003
    Im in.

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Alright, I will get back into this.... geez Duke

So we have:

Oh-High-Oh - IN
    Iowegions - IN
    Pac NW Plankton - OUT
    Ironheads - IN
    Duany Bees - OUT
    Clan Cheesehead - IN
    Team Biakabutuka - IN
    Cal Hippies
    #NoogaStrong
    Frost Bites

Which means we need to pick up two people who didn't play last year and confirm that everyone who played last year is in. Who am I missing?
    A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools. -Douglas Adams

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Yup

Cal Hippies are in it to win it!
    “The way of acquiescence leads to moral and spiritual suicide. The way of violence leads to bitterness in the survivors and brutality in the destroyers. But, the way of non-violence leads to redemption and the creation of the beloved community.”

Registered
    Oct 2005
    Don't post here much anymore but I'll still be in and watch the Yahoo email. I don't do well with our scoring for whatever reason I've never made the playoffs in Cyburbia league.
    @GigCityPlanner

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by Tide View post
    Don't post here much anymore but I'll still be in and watch the Yahoo email. I don't do well with our scoring for whatever reason I've never made the playoffs in Cyburbia league.
    You are #NoogaStrong, right?

--

I am doubtful we have Front Bites, since Mskis is dealing with more important things. So we need 3....

Registered
    Jul 1998
    I dont believe Transit Slug was in before, so we may only need two.
    Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Registered
    Jul 2003
    Transit Slug was not included before. He has tried to get into the league for the last 2 or 3 years. Nobody is familiar with him so he keeps getting booted. If he asked when there was a slot open should allow him to finally be allowed to enter.

Oh-High-Oh - IN
    Iowegions - IN
    Pac NW Plankton - OUT
    Ironheads - IN
    Duany Bees - OUT
    Clan Cheesehead - IN
    Team Biakabutuka - IN
    Cal Hippies
    #NoogaStrong
    Frost Bites
    Transit Slug

Hey TIDE!!!! Check out the proposed point system changes I put in another thread. "Don't post here much anymore but I'll still be in and watch the Yahoo email. I don't do well with our scoring for whatever reason I've never made the playoffs in Cyburbia league."

Registered
    Mar 2004
    Blog entries

Well

Ten seconds into the season after the draft and I already have multiple awards

A+ Draft with a projected 14-0-0 season.

The pressure to perform is intense!

{ok, I left myself wide open to an attack with that last line....let the trash talking begin}

Registered
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally posted by The One View post
    Ten seconds into the season after the draft and I already have multiple awards

A+ Draft with a projected 14-0-0 season.

The pressure to perform is intense!

{ok, I left myself wide open to an attack with that last line....let the trash talking begin}
    Pretty confident my auto-draft has to be one of the worst in history. Let's see what I can do with this.

I like that my QB is projected to get over 100 points. That was a whole team last year.... Things are going to be very unpredictable with this new scoring.

+ Reply to thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

More at Cyburbia

1. Replies: 359
    Last post: 01 Feb 2017, 11:20 AM
  2. Cyburbia Fantasy Football
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 14
    Last post: 04 Aug 2011, 1:32 PM
  3. Fantasy Football
    Friday Afternoon Club
    Replies: 1